Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings no NOV code yet

There's no way it costs $18-20 to ship most of these 1/6 figures that aren't double-boxed and only weigh 3 pounds. That is the price Sideshow charged me for Jango and Deadpool, yet I can go on USPS.com right now and buy Priority Mail shipping from CA to OH for $13.50.

I think some of the difference is due to charging for extra insurance (>$100), signature confirmation, and other fees through UPS. I shipped a package through them this week that only cost $11 for the postage but they tacked on an additional $6 for residential and extended delivery area surcharges. And there's no way Sideshow doesn't get a nice volume discount through UPS so I really don't know why they are charging a premium for shipping. The handling is at a minimum also because they just slap a label on these things in the warehouse.

It's to help drive business to their retailers. There would be no point in being a retailer if your distributor were going to undercut you on everything all of the time.

Well i decided to buy Darth Vader, so now i need a code before I can order.

There's this place called P*pcultcha

Just got my first shipment from them today, 4 Hot Toys figures, 1 Enterbay, 1 Speeder Bike, nicely packed and all arrived with no damage and within 2 weeks from Australia, A+ to PC.

Highlights, final prices with shipping and paypal conversion fee:
Speeder Bike $208
Amazing Spiderman 2 $176 (sold out in US as far as I know)
Mark XLIII diecast $221

:yess:

I got my order in too; Groot and Wolvie. Better packaging than Sideshow ever has for an order of mine.

I have to wonder how many of these guys will buy from PC again at regular prices. No one cared about them until the glitch. Good for them for getting the deals, but now what?

Even without the glitch, it was still 20% off. That was a better deal than most anything that SS offered (although points are always appreciated).

If the prices are cheaper, I'll buy from them again. Plus, they tend to have sold out items. I just bought the storm troopers two pack a couple days ago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

For those of you who received their Popcultcha orders, who provided final delivery and did you have to sign for it? Thanks in advance!

I think it was usps but I'm not sure. I didn't have to sign for it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Usps with signature for me.

Mark 43 for $221?! :thud:

Does the aus post update when its being delivered in the US?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Does the aus post update when its being delivered in the US?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I noticed tracking wasn't being updated on the AUS post site after it arrived in the US, but then checked the USPS site and it was updated there. I haven't gone back to look to see if it was ever updated after that.

I have to wonder how many of these guys will buy from PC again at regular prices. No one cared about them until the glitch. Good for them for getting the deals, but now what?

I will. There's a piece I'm looking at and even without a sale going on, it's a LOT cheaper than Sideshow. I'm just waiting for my next check to pull the trigger.

There is a PC thread now for those interested :)

I bought a Stormtrooper from them at full price. Got it for $201 maybe. Just arrived today. I'll definitely continue to purchase if the exchange rate stays the same.

Back