Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

In all honesty if they posted a preorder for Ash on the 31st, I wouldn't care if he was 240 or 280, it would be an instant buy for me. I've met the man have a signed Army of Darkness poster, just picked up the ultimate blu ray and more than stoked for this show on Saturday night.

I wonder if they are actually saving discounts for the next two days. Seems to me if they had a big sale on the armories from the start they might have sold them all by the end.

How in the heck does Sideshow price themselves higher than Hot Toys? I understand Disney licensing is expensive but Hot Toys has to pay that to. Not only that but HT has to build distributor fees (ie - Sideshow) into their pricing model and even third party distributors in the U.S. that get their products through Sideshow can offer the same or better discounts for HT 1/6 than Sideshow 1/6. Not to mention HT is offering a better quality product with more extras and electronics in some cases.

I don't actually know. It just seems like the perfect date with it being Halloween and the show starting that night. All i know is i want it haha.
I agree. Hopefully around the $200 mark.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

it better! (tommorrow perhaps?) it's the only reason I even care about this SPOOK event!
Me too. I love that movie series. I want Ash now!
I agree. Hopefully around the $200 mark.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Hopefully, i am guessing more like $220. Whatever he is though I'll order.

I heard there is a Beetlejuice 2 getting worked on.

Why should my personal experience NOT be a response?

It should always be, in context. It should never be to represent a much larger data set for which you actually have no... data.

You made the blanket statement that consumers have no will power

My blanket statement is based on cold hard facts. Look at the debt crisis over the past few decades. If you want something closer to home, look at the pricing history of the items in the hobby. Clearly the companies with the most data on their consumers know that they're willing to pay more.

and will keep buying regardless of price...

Not regardless of price. With regards to price always. And THAT's where elasticity come into play. As long as the price maintains enough customers to generate profits lost from those that jump ship, the elasticity hasn't broken.

This is why there is the price elasticity that you posted as the very reason for this high price tag. To account for things like that.

Exactly. So don't ignore it. Don't say things like this:

What is sad is that Sideshow really should be the lower-priced alternative to Hot Toys

Don't use the word "should" - this is a free market, so if you're going to use that word, it should be about your own products.

The problem with elasticity though is that it only stretches so far before it breaks.... And who knows how long those diehards will stick around before the pricing breaks them.

That's not a problem, it's the fundamental principle. And who knows? Not you nor I is my point. Sideshow and others in this field have the most data and the most informed hypothesis, which is why they run their businesses the way they do and price their products they way they do. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't mean Sideshow isn't fully aware of the risks and benefits of their decisions.

But eventually, companies do fold

And they do for any number of reasons having little to nothing to do with what we're talking about here. Solvency depends on a lot more than the pricing of a single product within a single product line among many.

Speaking personally, prices in the entire hobby are too high for my liking, HT included. But if I were to start making figures I doubt I'd be trying to compete significantly on price. So there's that.

tumblr_n845bgPvjL1rjkzsko1_400.gif

Spooktacular Reward Points Codes:

YC9Q13 - $10 (SS Email) 10-26
HJ3T69 - $10 (Facebook) 10-26
HRX7H4 - $5 (SS Email) 10-27
L4Rx9J - $5 (Facebook) 10-27
TGG3W8 - $5 (SS Email)10-28
Z92HH5Q - $5 (SS Email) 10-29

They better go back and fix the first one. Not good.

Edit - I thought you were talking about the Sideshow figure :lol

We could keep going back and forth about this PixelPiper... there are quite a few points in your rebuttal I still take issue with. And your whole posting of price elasticity in the first place still plays into what I am saying about a dwindling consumer base...

....But I am just going to agree to disagree on this and call it a day. You see it one way, I see it another. This thread isn't being helped by us arguing over it.

Sallah

BBTS just listed that Maul preorder at $239.99. Wow that's more than Kylo Ren and some HT SW figs.

BBTS just listed that Maul preorder at $239.99. Wow that's more than Kylo Ren and some HT SW figs.

Same price as Sideshow then? $5 over HT Fett.

I like both characters and both would make cool displays on my shelf... but Fett is undoubtedly the better value.

Sallah

who thinks Kylo is Luke?
the quote "I'll finish what you started" makes me think it might be him. just sayin.

who thinks Kylo is Luke?
the quote "I'll finish what you started" makes me think it might be him. just sayin.

Nah... They have shown Kylo without mask in official pics and in the trailer (from behind). He isn't Luke.

Sallah

Back