Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings May code is AVENGE2015

This thread has made me unbelievably sad. I know it's only Wednesday, and I have to step out in 20 minutes to pick my daughter up from school, but when I get back home, I'm getting drunk. I'll make sure my daughter has a phone handy and a few emergency contacts on speed dial.
Just imagine the state of society when our kids are our age :(

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings May code is AVENGE2015

AVENGE2015 now works on HULKBUSTER!! Woot! Im in!

I snagged robo with the chair at half off on flex. I'll sell thechair and will only end up paying $125ish for robo. Not too shabby.

This should be the Current discount codes at SSC and Hot Toys thread. :lecture :lol

I remember when Cof posted pics of the Sidedjow Superman that many were complaining about. His pics made me want to get one. Other photos and reviewers including optibotimus, and even Sideshow's own personal reviewer made it look terrible.

Never underestimate the ability of a photograph to make something look like crap. ;)

Ok, I'm half a beer in, but it's being balanced by 1.5 pork chops as part of a supremely late lunch. Did I mention the beer is 9%ABV? Mmmm. Taking the kid to the park in 15 minutes - or after I finish the rest of the beer, whichever comes last.

Speaking of Hulkbuster being eligible for 20% off coupons, I wonder how limited the production will be. A small number because of the size and price or overproduced like everything else? Imagine months after it's released it's 30% off.

Sweet!!

Well when someone asks me about wedding photography I always ask 1. when, 2. where, 3. how many hours and 4. what is your budget? It's been YEARS since I've gotten a response with a budget of more than about $800.

Which is why I haven't photographed a wedding in about 6 years.

$800? I think our wedding was like $5k for photo and video about 4 years ago and I thought it was a premium because we had to use a Disney approved photog

Our photographer cost us about $3k as well, videographer about $1k (if I remember correctly). That was last year, and we actually got a discount from the photographer because she was a friend of a friend.

I firmly believe you get what you pay for. I have a friend who got his wedding photographed - no video - a few years back and paid about $500. The photos looked about the same as the ones we took with our cell phones...so why bother? In the age of "everyone has a camera with them at all times" I think it makes good photography worth more, not less, but maybe I'm a bit backwards.

Note to self: I realllllly need to invest in a good camera and light box for my figure pics lol.

Our photographer cost us about $3k as well, videographer about $1k (if I remember correctly). That was last year, and we actually got a discount from the photographer because she was a friend of a friend.

I firmly believe you get what you pay for. I have a friend who got his wedding photographed - no video - a few years back and paid about $500. The photos looked about the same as the ones we took with our cell phones...so why bother? In the age of "everyone has a camera with them at all times" I think it makes good photography worth more, not less, but maybe I'm a bit backwards.

Note to self: I realllllly need to invest in a good camera and light box for my figure pics lol.

It's weird because I don't think I've even looked though the photos really. We never picked the photos for our wedding album or prints which was included (and probably expired at this point). Although my wife did get me a huge canvas print (at least 5x5) of us from the wedding for one of our anniversaries but mostly because we thought it was funny cause our friends think it's weird that we don't have photos in our house.

I remember when Cof posted pics of the Sidedjow Superman that many were complaining about. His pics made me want to get one. Other photos and reviewers including optibotimus, and even Sideshow's own personal reviewer made it look terrible.
Seriously, those people shouldn't get free figures--no offense, but if someone is taking phone shots that distort the hell out of them why should they get a free figure, they're just making it look like crap. All the glowing words (that few people read) won't undo the horrible pictures--I see plenty of times where people get these figures and don't properly futz or display the figures clothes correctly.

Valid on what figures?

"Coupon codes can only be used once per account / household and only on new orders of $50 or more, after the code is applied, on the following SKUs: 902054, 902171, 902186, 902040, 902187, 902185, 901935, 902022, 902057, 902100, 902077, 902012, 902170, 902124, 902129, 902101, 902165, 902110, 902068, 902099, 902067"

I already have the armory with Bruce and Alfred, and for everything else 30% just not going to do it. Maybe at 50% off I might grab Steve and Captain America, but that's about it.

Site already states no remaining balance for the 30% off code

Back