Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings No May code yet

You'll be waiting a while... They missed their opportunity with May 4. The $25 coupon on in-stock items was only Luke-warm (get it?). 20% off coupons would do much better. I'm really surprised. No GC's were handed out at Celebration, either. I really thought they would...

Yeah, missed opportunity. I probably would've dropped over $1000 that day on the line.

So for what it is worth I still have not found any SSC promos, BUT I went into my local Hastings a few minutes ago (9:15pm or so) and they were having a 20+% off "select action figures" sale (worked on every figure I tried). Anyway I picked up SSC 1/6 scales of Thor MMS224 and Loki MMS231 for $160 each Normally $229.99 each I believe.!!!! I don't know if it was today only and if it will work in other stores or online, but figured I'd pass it on as it is worth a try.

So for what it is worth I still have not found any SSC promos, BUT I went into my local Hastings a few minutes ago (9:15pm or so) and they were having a 20+% off "select action figures" sale (worked on every figure I tried). Anyway I picked up SSC 1/6 scales of Thor MMS224 and Loki MMS231 for $160 each Normally $229.99 each I believe.!!!! I don't know if it was today only and if it will work in other stores or online, but figured I'd pass it on as it is worth a try.

was it just in store tho?

Sorry I'm really not sure.. I guess best bet would be to go online and see if it applied discount once you added a figure to your cart.

Does Sideshow say if an item is low quantity anymore? I can't remember the last time I've see that on a figure.

Does Sideshow say if an item is low quantity anymore? I can't remember the last time I've see that on a figure.

I've been wondering the same thing. Not sure if it has anything to do with the dock strike by the longshoremen and not knowing how much stock was in the containers? BTW, now some truckers that take the containers from the docks to their destinations outside the harbors in Los Angeles and Long Beach are starting to do work stoppages, so we may still see delays in products for awhile.

No they don't. Haven't seen that in a long time, I'm not sure why. Then again how many times did something say "low stock" only to have the low stock tag go away? It never seemed that reliable. But it would be nice to know when something actually IS low.

I have been wondering the same thing but from what I can tell no they don't. I have been wanting to build something out so that we can get auto notified when things go on low alert.

I've received a few emails and posts on low quantity PF statues a few months back but as far as figures the last I received was a low quantity notice for the C3PO exclusive.

I've received a few emails and posts on low quantity PF statues a few months back but as far as figures the last I received was a low quantity notice for the C3PO exclusive.

Do you remember if the product page showed any indication?

Yeah, Sideshow have very honest low quantity warnings.
Got an email months ago saying they only had three MKVII 1:1 Busts left. It's since been on a 20% discount and is still available :rotfl

I don't recall seeing anything on low quantity/inventory alert in recent months. The HT Red Snapper I ordered last week went to wait list shortly after I ordered and there was no indication they were down to the last few.

I use to pre order every Marvel and DC HT. But with seeing how so many are now up to 20% off and still in stock, I now only jump on the exclusives and the one I pretty much know will be hard to come by. I may be taking a little risk, but saving 20% of 5 Hot Toys is basically getting 1 for free.

They're saying that about HT Groot now, less than 10 remaining, according to their facebook post.

I've never gotten an email saying there was low stock on anything. With all the NRDs they have now, it would be nice to know.

Just for the heck of it I went to the SSC website and put a search in for "low quantity" and the Rocket and Groot set popped up.

I was hoping for a list or something.

It was deleted but someone posted about Midtown Comics having Bruce Banners for $113. I had one in my cart while I downloaded their phone app. Supposedly you could get another 20% by using their app. While I was trying to find the figure on their app, it sold out.

UGH!

It was deleted but someone posted about Midtown Comics having Bruce Banners for $113. I had one in my cart while I downloaded their phone app. Supposedly you could get another 20% by using their app. While I was trying to find the figure on their app, it sold out.

UGH!

Oh man. If it pops up again let me know.

:dunno sorry for you. you just waste your time. their app is at most 20% off the original price. not take another 20% off. I tried to do the same thing as you before......:slap

Back