Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and Spooktacular codes - FR33COD3Z for $5

Well happy birthday to you sir, I hope you get many tricks and many treats to celebrate your big day.
Thank you, hopefully we all get something great to close out Spook today.

Halloween birthday? How fun!
Happy birthday! :3
Yes, best day of the year to have it!

New contest up on Facebook, caption the photo

What concerns did spiderrouge have???

It was something personal, so I won't repeat what he wrote, I didn't realize he was being serious, but I'm in total agreement over the clean up, if that's the case. Fun is fun, but I don't want any Freaks offended.

Looking forward to the announcement for the candy contest. Lot of great entries and it's one I might have a chance at.

I agree private invite only.. and I still don't understand how some people complain about free money and great discount that's way beyond me.

How about a Premium Members only thread????

How do i turn Premium?

This whole "I can't believe people are calling CS about the fake codes" thing reminds me of an incident a few years back where some people started hiding strange box-like objects in Boston in places like bridge trestles and attached to telephone poles. The city went on a terrorist alert because no one knew if the objects were bombs or what. It turned out that the objects were supposed to represent a character on an Adult Swim TV show called Aqua Teen Hunger Force, as part of a guerilla ad campaign for the show, and then when that was revealed the internet erupted with outrage that Boston could be so stupid as to not get it. Because, you know...Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's just such a well-known, world-spanning media juggernaut, right? Of course it's Boston's fault for thinking that shady guys attaching box-like objects to bridge trestles might be dangerous. The internet was pretty unforgivably stupid that day. Cartoon Network paid Boston a lot of money and apologized. Also, I believe Boston arrested the asshats who were attaching things to bridges.

By the way, not all the fakes were of the D1CKW4D or CRA1G5M0M variety. Some looked like they might be real, and they did indeed waste my time. I don't resent the fact that they were posted--I resent the fact that they were posted and they weren't funny. A fake code should be obvious and it should be funny. It shouldn't be a "Gotcha!" thing where the object is to get people to try typing it in on Sideshow's site.

This!

What really got under my skin is folks asking nicely for folks to stop with the fake codes and seeing some guys that I think are pretty cool just being jerks to those people.

I was just shocked. I've been other places on the web where folks have talked **** about the freaks forums and I've always stood up for the freaks forums. It left a bad taste in my mouth how some of you guys were treating people today though.

It's SSC decision to give out free RP. There is absolutely nothing wrong with folks wanting to take advantage of that. Some folks are busy at work today, and they may only have a minute or two to scan for the next code, it's very exciting when a new code pops up, and it's a real bummer when you discover you've been had. Throwing up fake codes to screw with people is obnoxious.

Lastly I just want to thank everyone who took the time to help the community to get the codes. You guys are really awesome. I can't thank you enough.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

This!

What really got under my skin is folks asking nicely for folks to stop with the fake codes and seeing some guys that I think are pretty cool just being jerks to those people.

I was just shocked. I've been other places on the web where folks have talked **** about the freaks forums and I've always stood up for the freaks forums. It left a bad taste in my mouth how some of you guys were treating people today though.

It's SSC decision to give out free RP. There is absolutely nothing wrong with folks wanting to take advantage of that. Some folks are busy at work today, and they may only have a minute or two to scan for the next code, it's very exciting when a new code pops up, and it's a real bummer when you discover you've been had. Throwing up fake codes to screw with people is obnoxious.

Lastly I just want to thank everyone who took the time to help the community to get the codes. You guys are really awesome. I can't thank you enough.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Well said! :clap

The Aqua Teen Hunger Force stuff were moonites - they look like pixel-based video game artwork. Hardly suspicious "boxes"

I don't get people coming in to complain about what's going on in a thread that other people started and other people keep going and other people spend HOURS every day and DAYS throughout the week and real resources maintaining.

Seriously, if you don't like what's going on in this thread? GTFO and start your own thread. This hit a nerve right now. I'm still in a good mood, but this thread is a bit of a little geek party zone. Don't try to kill that.

You need to be bit by a radioactive spider while flying a plane into a tornado.

No plane needed :lol
Pa-Kent-2.gif

Back