Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's sort of like SDCC where they reveal new products, give away a bunch of stuff and have things on sale. Except SDCC is the whole month of July, I think Spooktacular is just the last week of October?

Cool. Unless Midas goes up, I'll be sure to hold off putting any money down on anything.

New code

Spookyfest $20 off

Beware, it doesn't work on jack **** except Star Wars.

I only tried newer 1/6th scale figures. It worked on vader, fett, clones and grievous.

Didn't work on crow, stark mechanic, centurion, evil superman, 66 batman robin.

It's sort of like SDCC where they reveal new products, give away a bunch of stuff and have things on sale. Except SDCC is the whole month of July, I think Spooktacular is just the last week of October?
that's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'm not sure if they stopped it yet, but I know a few years ago, they used to do sales at irregular hours so it used to keep you on your toes to get orders in when they happened but I'm not sure if they do that anymore
New code

Spookyfest $20 off

I only tried newer 1/6th scale figures. It worked on vader, fett, clones and grievous.

Probably works on most SS related products but only the really old HT products no one wants as usual :lol

And thanks for giving us the code :hi5:

New code

Spookyfest $20 off

Thanks! I used the code on a Sideshow Darth Vader Deluxe.

New code

Spookyfest $20 off

Do you think, as the end of the month nears, that the coupon will work on some of the aforementioned sideshow exclusive Hot Toys?

And thanks for providing the code!

Was hoping to use this on evil superman, but as mentioned, no joy. Hate to use a coupon on anything that nets you nearly that much in awards points, so not sure this months code will do me any good.

Cool, I've been waiting to re-pre-order the Proto Fett since I cancelled it when trying to re-pre-order it with a code two months ago, only to realize the little preview page that says the code was applied doesn't mean it will stay applied when you check out. This code works on it now so I can finally proceed.

But Snake Eyes pre-order has been up forever now, and if the last few coupons worked for Storm Shadow, then this should work for all of them except maybe Colton since he was the latest release.

I pre-ordered some upcoming Star Wars for the new year. I'll say it again, flex-pay is useless (in fact worse, it's a big negative) for pre-orders. Don't ever do it.

I pre-ordered some upcoming Star Wars for the new year. I'll say it again, flex-pay is useless (in fact worse, it's a big negative) for pre-orders. Don't ever do it.
I don't see how that's true. I've ordered all of my pre-orders from Sideshow and haven't ever had a problem. The only issue is payments being pushed back but that's a production issue and can't always be controlled. Flex pay is definitely beneficial to people who are on a strict budget or for those who don't necessarily like dropping around $200 or more per figure at a time.

Save the money in your own bank account instead of Flex Pay. The only benefit of Flex is when an item has already been released and you'd like to place a lock/hold on one and have some time to save up. If you pre-order, the payments start up to three months BEFORE the item is scheduled to become available, which means you may end up paying for at least 2/3 (more if NRD) of the item well before it is even released.

Save the money in your own bank account instead of Flex Pay. The only benefit of Flex is when an item has already been released and you'd like to place a lock/hold on one and have some time to save up. If you pre-order, the payments start up to three months BEFORE the item is scheduled to become available, which means you may end up paying for at least 2/3 (more if NRD) of the item well before it is even released.

Wait, does SS not charge you (Other than the NRD) for the pre-order until it is in stock?

I still don't really see how that's such a problem. Like I said for some people such as myself it's more convenient to pay smaller amounts at a time or if I have a couple figures on order that are coming out at the same time I'm gradually paying for them rather than throwing down a big chunk of change at one time. I guess if it bothers you to pre-pay is the only issue but even then I don't see why it really matters if you want the item anyways. The only time I'd say not to flex pay something is if you aren't one hundred percent sure that you want it because then they charge a certain amount of cancellation fees. The flex pay system really isn't a lot different than a store that does layaway only with a pre-order item. You're putting a reserve on an item in and making payments on it.

Wait, does SS not charge you (Other than the NRD) for the pre-order until it is in stock?
No, basically how it works is they try to schedule payments in the months leading up to the figure's release. For instance right now I have the Man of Steel Superman on order which is scheduled for quarter one of 2014, they have my flex pay set up right now to start in Decemeber, second payment in January, and third and final in February. The only thing is with Hot Toys (and other manufacturers) the items sometime gets pushed back so a lot of time the final date gets moved. It really isn't that big of a deal to me though.

Last edited:
Flex pay is an awesome option offered by SS. I use it for everything.

I guess its not for everyone, but that doesn't mean its still not an awesome option.

Back