Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that a few people have posted on Facebook their disappointment with this years Spooktacular but never fear......
The League of Ass Kissers has come to the rescue and put them in their place.
If this is the garbage they're thankful for, their heads would have exploded from Spooks of years past.

Annnnnnd no lotto on that opening show.

I really don't mean to sound ungrateful, since I'm absolutely aware they don't HAVE to give us rewards, and few companies give back like this, but the tone of this Spook has been the most intensely mean spirited that I can recall, even going back to the lovely sarcasm and wit of "no sniveling" Chicky years ago. This week has really soured my experience with their social team, despite loyally tuning in to just about every stream I could since they started all these videos in the pandemic. There have been a number of times this week where they legitimately made a mistake with the rewards draws and just shrugged it off as "too bad for you." Mistakes happen, and we're all human, but at least own up to it, instead of being aggressively defensive and hostile. There's this "screw you, deal with it" approach as they endlessly waste hours and hours of our time (hawking hair care products now--whaaat?) and are propped up by the diehards that drink the Kool-Aid. Yes, I certainly don't have to tune in, and Spook always had a darker, jokester edge to it, but this feels like day 5 of a really tiresome April Fools prank. I feel like this week has just been an outlet for the hosts to finally give the middle finger to any vocal complainers from past events, which I'm sure is cathartic for them, but really just sours the experience.

They are not giving us money. They are giving us 'discounts' already accounted for in price hikes and exorbitant shipping fees and usable ONLY at Sideshow. We don't have to be grateful; every company offers "deals". And no, they don't have to be asses about it too.

I'd prefer they end this nonsense all together and drop prices OR adjust their shipping to the true value.

They are not giving us money. They are giving us 'discounts' already accounted for in price hikes and exorbitant shipping fees and usable ONLY at Sideshow. We don't have to be grateful; every company offers "deals". And no, they don't have to be asses about it too.

I'd prefer they end this nonsense all together and drop prices OR adjust their shipping to the true value.
Every time they ship one of my figures from Newbury Park CA to Los Angeles CA I feel like someone is jamming a piece of splintered wood up my arse because it reminds me of how much they charge for shipping. It can't really cost that much to ship to me from a few miles away. It does arrive next day but I would be willing to wait several days to get it for a lower shipping cost. I have a Thanos shipping next week. Oh, my arse. :gah:

Every time they ship one of my figures from Newbury Park CA to Los Angeles CA I feel like someone is jamming a piece of splintered wood up my arse because it reminds me of how much they charge for shipping. It can't really cost that much to ship to me from a few miles away. It does arrive next day but I would be willing to wait several days to get it for a lower shipping cost. I have a Thanos shipping next week. Oh, my arse. :gah:
Exactly! They should have a will call for folks who are local. They are only about an hour away from me, and it costs them $24 to UPS me a figure?!?!?!? Then I see someone post that it only costs them $17 for shipping, and they are out of state....I'm like WTF?!?!? 🤬

I never understood their shipping prices. And after they added sales tax, it comes out to almost $50 on top of a Hot Toys item, or close to $100 per 1/4. Even the AEC 1/6 orders come out to $15 or so without the tax (at least to my location), so their free shipping had been the best deal out there for me until recently, but now that's done with... however, $15 is still better than $50 no matter how much reward points you get back, the difference isn't much at all from their 5% to AEC's 2%.

Wait, did he just say we don't get the $1 unless everyone dies? That's not how it was with previous WLOD games, right?

Back