Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a shame.

Sideshow realised the viewing numbers vs. Triva players didn't tally, so they knew a lot of people were just signing into the game only.

They demand full interaction! (It is a shopping channel, after all).

So now they're going to give out the codes at short notice to make sure only viewers get in.

Switching between tabs to keep an eye out for the code, knowing there's often a time lag, adds another layer of uncertainty.

It was all pretty relaxed up until today, when it was clear Bossy Boss Boss wanted to lay down the law.

I didn't differentiate the wins in my list.

There's no way I can tell which was which.
That's fine. If anybody else only won participation points lotteries please chime in. Otherwise, I guess I'll find out the answer eventually.

Sideshow realised the viewing numbers vs. Triva players didn't tally, so they knew a lot of people were just signing into the game only.

They demand full interaction!

So now they're going to give out the codes at short notice to make sure only viewers get in.

Switching between tabs to keep an eye out for the code, knowing there's often a time lag, adds another layer of uncertainty.

It was all pretty relaxed up until today, when it was clear Bossy Boss Boss wanted to lay down the law.
They also noted that there are a number of people who are sharing screens but playing separately such as couples and roommates and such. It seems unclear how things will shake out after they came to that realization.

They also noted that there are a number of people who are sharing screens but playing separately such as couples and roommates and such. It seems unclear how things will shake out after they came to that realization.

I didn't catch that.

That may soften the situation up a bit hopefully.

I for one don't have the time to sit and watch all these events live. Now I may have the time to watch them later but having only a chance at a reward code during a live event isn't going to make me watch it more just for the reward points. I either have the time or I don't.

they knew a lot of people were just signing into the game only.

That would be me.

Which is pretty much what the old original codes were like.

Anyway, this new system is like a crazy game show. But I think I finally understand how it works. I can't say I'll be participating much -- which is likely a relief to JediJones -- if it requires you to watch Sideshow's programming. If there's trivia about the product's movie/comic origin, then I'm all in and that's fun, but if its trivia about Sideshow and who is not the boss of who then that is not something I want to participate in.

That would be me.

Which is pretty much what the old original codes were like.

Anyway, this new system is like a crazy game show. But I think I finally understand how it works. I can't say I'll be participating much -- which is likely a relief to JediJones -- if it requires you to watch Sideshow's programming. If there's trivia about the product's movie/comic origin, then I'm all in and that's fun, but if its trivia about Sideshow and who is not the boss of who then that is not something I want to participate in.

That last Trivia was like a test to see who'd been watching their content.

I saw a lot of it, but still got a lot of the questions wrong because what they were asking for was very precise information.

For example, Autumn said anybody who selected Terry as the winner of the Pose thing was obviously only there to get rewards from the Trivia. Because I was trying the half-reading, fast button smashing thing, I actually did choose Terry! Then immediately realised I'd fallen into their trap!

So, whatever data they glean from that game about non-participation won't be accurate.

A few times they've integrated the rewards lottery into the stream chat - when they give you the code to type into chat followed by "i agree".

That's one way of making sure only viewers win, though I never once saw my user name appear in the scrolling list.

I had much better luck in the Trivia lotteries.

Makes it pretty hard for international watchers when it is in the middle of the night and you're expected to tune in for at least half an hour of livestreams just to get the trivia right.
I guess buying from Sideshow is just about over.

Gotta say, its kind of nice not being involved in any reward point schemes with sideshow, that was the only way they kept bringing back business, just enough points to make the shipping fees negligible compared to other spots with free shipping.

If the goal is to expand their FB/IG/etc feeds, then giving $1 codes easily to tons of people is a better way to expand their market than complicated games that require viewing all material just so the same 8-20 people can win most of their money.

On a slightly different topic, since they started doing the "everybody gets $__" lotteries at the end of trivia games around Thursday or Friday, what's the total? (This excludes any lotteries that were for a smaller amount of people than those playing. I'd like to know what the total amount given to "all participants" was.)
My final total is $99 including the $5 registration and 6x $3 participation rewards (is there a prize for the most consistent bad luck?). From memory I only got two $5 lotteries that weren't given to everyone so the all participant tally should be about $66. Hopefully someone can confirm. I kept a list and screenshots for all my wins but didn't record the number of winners each time.

If the goal is to expand their FB/IG/etc feeds, then giving $1 codes easily to tons of people is a better way to expand their market than complicated games that require viewing all material just so the same 8-20 people can win most of their money.
It's a bit strange. Autumn has said multiple times they want to give more people the opportunity to win rewards, but they seem to be doing the opposite.

Back