Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did figure out that some people (friends and spouses and stuff) may be playing separately but sharing screens, so they may not try to be this sneaky again to try to weed out the extra people who may or may not be watching. They probably will, though, but I don't expect it to be a regular thing.

$5+ $10 was a nice final bonus. Hope everyone here got both
Much better than the usual $5 wrap up but felt anticlimatic compared to the crazy draws of the last few days.
Switching between tabs and not sure how big the lag is, sometimes I don't know what's going on!

I voted on FINDAWAY because I thought I'd missed something they'd said. :slap
Me too, I was in push a button quickly mode still from the trivia.
My best finish yet.
The right answer to what?
If a veteran of so many Sideshow Cons has no idea what is going on their game plan is flawed.

I think they're going to make future Trivia the short notice 'surprise' kind, to prevent code sharing.

Viewing the show will be required.

yeah they weeded out some hundred people for the $10 code, the facebook stream had around 500 viewers and entrees for trivia peaked at around 1100
the 42 link dropped down to roughly 700 entrees

Me too, I was in push a button quickly mode still from the trivia.
My best finish yet.

Pushing the button fast before reading the question entirely seems to be the only way anyone can get near the top of the leader board.

I don't know how some of those big totals are achieved, unless it's pure guess work.

@JediJones

I mean in some Trivia people are scoring close to 100 on every question - there's no way you can read the question fully and answer in that time.

The only time I got close was when every answer was identical, as in FAMILY.

Pushing the button fast before reading the question entirely seems to be the only way anyone has of getting near the top of the leader board.

I don't know how some of those big totals are achieved, unless it's pure guess work.
I came 8th today and 11th last week.

Missed the money last week by 29 points (about 5 secs.) It was $50 for the top 3. I was close to Bossy BB and he had the answers.

It was the questions I knew that let me down taking extra time to be sure.
The guesses were instant.

In the no banter trivia thread, I posted a succinct explanation of how it works with the last trivia game link. Then you replied with banter saying the thread was pointless. 🤷‍♂️

In the no banter trivia thread, I posted a succinct explanation of how it works with the last trivia game link. Then you replied with banter saying the thread was pointless. 🤷‍♂️

Appreciate the succinct explanation.

But some trivia game entry codes were not posted today. Just saying, if you're going to make a thread like that, then it needs to keep up.

Can you imagine in the old code thread if some codes were overlooked?

But some trivia game entry codes were not posted today. Just saying, if you're going to make a thread like that, then it needs to keep up.

They weren't giving much time to post them before starting the game.

Alex actually started two which he called 'Surprise Trivia'. That may have been the first method of weeding out code sharing.

The code sharing has actually made it worse, even if you are paying attention. lol

Yeah, well, I have to say many of the veterans here have been no help to those trying to catch on to the new system. But I get it -- more participants just mean lowering the odds.
I don't think anyone is being deliberately obtuse.

Everyone is pretty confused with the new rules/system.

It needs Vortex, SmokeUpJohnny etc etc to get behind it too make it work.

I'm not DarkChocobi if it's not helpful I'll delete it.

On a slightly different topic, since they started doing the "everybody gets $__" lotteries at the end of trivia games around Thursday or Friday, what's the total? (This excludes any lotteries that were for a smaller amount of people than those playing. I'd like to know what the total amount given to "all participants" was.)

On a slightly different topic, since they started doing the "everybody gets $__" lotteries at the end of trivia games around Thursday or Friday, what's the total? (This excludes any lotteries that were for a smaller amount of people than those playing. I'd like to know what the total amount given to "all participants" was.)

I didn't differentiate the wins in my list.

There's no way I can tell which was which.

Was that last trivia contest through Facebook? Nothing was showing on YouTube. I don't do social media.

Back