Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I gather it is starting January 1st 2021, all RP's currently accumulated in one's account start their 12 month cycle. Meaning everything you have unused right now in your account as of January 1st 2021 will be available through/expiring on January 1st 2022. If will be as if all your current RP's were added to your account on January 1st 2021. All points accrued on and after January 1st 2021 will begin their annual 12 month expiration time.

So if your 1st 2021 purchase is in March of 2021, those RP's credited will be good through March of 2022 and so on.... So if they give any RP codes out January 2021 and there after, they will be good from 1 year of being put into your account.

This is how I understand it.

Oddly enough, I just used up most of my RP's for a free HT Death Trooper (+ shipping) this past Saturday ($235). I have I think like $37 remaining. So I have till January of 2022 to use those additional points before they will expire.

The way I gather it is starting January 1st 2021, all RP's currently accumulated in one's account start their 12 month cycle. Meaning everything you have unused right now in your account as of January 1st 2021 will be available through/expiring on January 1st 2022. If will be as if all your current RP's were added to your account on January 1st 2021. All points accrued on and after January 1st 2021 will begin their annual 12 month expiration time.

So if your 1st 2021 purchase is in March of 2021, those RP's credited will be good through March of 2022 and so on.... So if they give any RP codes out January 2021 and there after, they will be good from 1 year of being put into your account.

This is how I understand it.

Oddly enough, I just used up most of my RP's for a free HT Death Trooper (+ shipping) this past Saturday ($235). I have I think like $37 remaining. So I have till January of 2022 to use those additional points before they will expire.

Yep, the second part of that is correct - they will be good for 1 year from when they get put into your account (not one year from when the purchase was made). You inadvertently said two different things. :lol

I usually only use points when it make a big difference. I was not one of those people who apply $7 points on a $1000 order because it doesn't make a difference.

This change will make make it harder on the people who never buy anything and spend years accumulating points before buying things using only points.

Been 'hoarding' to buy a figure or statue I want with just points for a couple years now. Statues are out of the window with their insane increase in prices. Should've earned enough for a figure this year. But I didn't earn that many points this Spook. Regardless, might have to end up getting a figure next year and fight Fedex to get back import fees.

Sideshow didn't really need to add another nail to the coffin to discourage me from ever buying from them again, but they did so anyway... :stick :horse

i have used over a thousand of dollars in points over the years. I usually save them up for the bigger items (Hulkbuster, DeLorean, Batmobile, etc) but i'm not going to lose any sleep over the rules change.

Sounds like it'll be a good year for BigBadToyStore next year.
Or Alter-Ego Comics, they've got a reward points program too (1 reward point for each $ you spend, plus 1250 points [redeemable for a $25 coupon] for your birthday every year) and free shipping (the HT shipper box inside of a pad packed cardboard box) on most items (For Hot Toys I believe it's $250>, Which is more and more the standard HT retail).

I've started pre-ordering from there because of the above as well as the $1 NRD compared to the amount Sideshow or BBTS started charging a couple years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up guys! I asked for Sideshow giftcards this Christmas from friends and family, so I guess I'll be using my RPs soon anyway, which will clock me out of needing to purchase from them. I've only been buying exclusives from them lately anyway.

Yep! Since they're randomly and sparingly giving codes out all month instead of telling us ahead of time when they're going to give them out during a more contained period of time, they should all be available for longer (assuming they keep them all at 2,000 redemptions).

But with their expiration date announcement this week, they ironically they won't be available for longer in the long term, though! :slap

Taptalk came in just now--20 minutes late! But it still worked!

Oddly enough, the Stature Forum alert didn't work for me this time!

Back