Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious, what are you guys using your points on? Are you just using them for smaller discounts or saving up points for a free figure?

I was originally planning on using my $29 rewards on Mk 85 BD but tax + ship for that alone is ~$70-80. Found it on Alter Ego for $446 free ship, no CA tax so pre-ordered from there instead. I'm wondering now if I should save up all my points until I get enough for a sizable discount ($100-200 off) on upcoming figures.

Curious, what are you guys using your points on? Are you just using them for smaller discounts or saving up points for a free figure?

I was originally planning on using my $29 rewards on Mk 85 BD but tax + ship for that alone is ~$70-80. Found it on Alter Ego for $446 free ship, no CA tax so pre-ordered from there instead. I'm wondering now if I should save up all my points until I get enough for a sizable discount ($100-200 off) on upcoming figures.
I save for free stuff. I got the Experiment 626 vinyl and pre-orders of the Spiderverse Hot Toy figures for free due to saving.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've used them for "free" figures at times and other times I use in conjunction with free shipping discounts to not have to pay full price and still get RPs for the amount I do pay cash for.

So I am not overly familiar with Geeksgiving, is it basically like Spooktacular and is it relevant to international customers? I am eyeing one of the display cases Sideshow sells and would like to save some $$$ on it, but unsure if I should wait for Geeksgiving or just get it now and use up some rewards points.

SS started Geeksgiving in 2018 as another "special event" where they give away RP points, offer discounts and giveaways, etc. I'm not sure how relevant or irrelevant it is to international customers (as I am in the U.S.), but they gave away $25 in RP points during Geeksgiving 2018 and $40 in RP points during Geeksgiving 2019.

SS started Geeksgiving in 2018 as another "special event" where they give away RP points, offer discounts and giveaways, etc. I'm not sure how relevant or irrelevant it is to international customers (as I am in the U.S.), but they gave away $35 in RP points during Geeksgiving 2018 and $40 in RP points during Geeksgiving 2019.

So maybe they'll give away $45 during Geeksgiving 2020? :wink1:

Thanks for the info cbulas! I like the sound of an extra $45 haha. I've participated in these "special events" just a little bit in the past, but when they give away RP points it's basically just entering $1 - $2 codes that will add RP points to your account right?

Thanks for the info cbulas! I like the sound of an extra $45 haha. I've participated in these "special events" just a little bit in the past, but when they give away RP points it's basically just entering $1 - $2 codes that will add RP points to your account right?

Right, with some $3 or $5 codes hopefully mixed in!

Though I fixed an error in my previous post- they only gave away $25 during Geeksgiving 2018- five $1 codes, seven $2 codes, and two $3 codes.

During Geeksgiving 2019, they did give away $40- two $1 codes, seven $2 codes, and eight $3 codes.

So maybe they'll give away $55 during Geeksgiving 2020! :wink1:

Last year, during a game called Geeksgiving and Taking, I won a Hot Toys 1/6 scale Justice League Aquaman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was already expired seconds after it was posted. I put it in as fast as any Spook code, so I suspect it was out somewhere for a while before it made it here. The FB Messenger group didn't catch it nor did Statue Forum before here. Where was it from?

Was already expired seconds after it was posted. I put it in as fast as any Spook code, so I suspect it was out somewhere for a while before it made it here. The FB Messenger group didn't catch it nor did Statue Forum before here. Where was it from?
I think it was from the live show in the FB Group

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So, from what I'm gathering...Chris, the boss, dropped in to today's live. Gave out two $20 codes, and only 200 $2 codes. That's why that code went so fast. Gonna have to watch these regular lives again.

If you haven't seen the announcement, this is how reward codes will drop during Geeksgiving:

- All Reward Codes will drop during livestreams except on Thanksgiving Day. (Not every livestream will have a Reward Code drop.)
- On Thanksgiving Day the Reward Code drops will be social posts on either our main Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account, or here in this group. There will be several $1 drops spread throughout the day, so no matter what your plans are that day, you should have an opportunity to catch at least one.
- There will be no Reward Codes over the weekend of this event.
- We will tell you when the last code of the day has dropped each day.

Back