Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's free though.. why is there tax LOL. I don't get it. I understand paying for shipping.

When I've used reward points this year, the tax was based on the reduced sales price (i.e., after the rewards were applied). So if you have enough rewards to drive the price to zero, the tax will only be based on the shipping cost (that's taxed too).

i've noticed that when using RPs, I only pay the tax for the actual cash that comes out of my pocket for the figure. So I would assume that if you had enough RPs to cover the full cost of the figure, you'd be scott free in the matter pertaining to taxes. Still paying for shipping though.

wow, who at SS thought the limit on these codes was a good idea??? Geez. It's $1. Why are there limits???

Someone in marketing, e-commerce, or possibly accounting who decided Sideshow had been too generous with theoretical money prior to this October but still hopes they can maintain the illusion of "giving away more money in rewards than ever."

I'm going to have "redeem my Sideshow rewards" put in my will and put that on my tombstone.

"He got his just rewards"

When I've used reward points this year, the tax was based on the reduced sales price (i.e., after the rewards were applied). So if you have enough rewards to drive the price to zero, the tax will only be based on the shipping cost (that's taxed too).

ahhh gotcha!

there are other online stores that have reward points programs.

If they are in the US/Can they still get their supply from SS but at least you are supporting a mom/pop vs big SS.

I try to order the least amount of stuff from SS now because of their recent business decisions.

these are a joke right? not worth my time, checking on $1 codes that hit usage limits in minutes...

and thats to get a few bucks off a $250 figure or $400 statue which at most is discounted 10% during spook now.

oh the good ole days 5 years ago when figures could be found for 30% off with free shipping and everyone could easily get $30+ in codes.

hell I can't remember the last figure I bought direct from sideshow, too many better options out there, was probably to use my $15 in reward codes which maybe covered shipping...
Sorry. $15 doesn't cover shipping anymore

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back