Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic but have others been experiencing issues with the latest versions of Tapatalk. It seems for iPhone the mute functions were glitchy for a while and now have been completely removed.

I mute most of this forum except the discount threads so I get a heads up on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you just set up a regular payment to a sub bank account on your own ? Pre-order it and then when it's time to pay the difference just transfer from the savings account. Easy.

I have regular monthly payment to my kids accounts for savings for when they are older. Never quite get why people need the shop to do that for them if that's the only plus ?

Personally I like it through the shop because of the fixed payment dates. It helps keep me on track each time of the month a payment is due. It also keeps the amounts even and it's great for keeping on pace. Setting up an extra account for kid's saving makes sense but I don't think I could justify one for my collecting hobby. To each their own though.

Just venting.

SS wants to charge me $26 to ship John Wick to Texas. That's more than I, a normal civilian shipper, pays to ship HT figures through UPS. And I don't have a business contract of any sort. You know how much it is to ship my Black Panther, packed out at BBTS, via the same method SS uses? $12. Over half the cost.

I'm putting my tinfoil hat on, but I wonder if others are paying less for shipping if they didn't use a coupon.

SS can keep their coupons and RPs. I've been pretty loose on that statement for a while, but unless it's a figure that's only available through SS, I'm done with them.

I'm going to finish out my POs (all are SS excl figs), burn my RPs on a final order, and wipe my hands.

You know what I've never gotten from BBTS? A figure with a demolished box. Do you know what I've never paid for from BBTS? A surcharge to pack out. I never sit on edge the day of delivery expecting a totaled figure from shipping. BBTS, Alter Ego, Timewalker, and the like all see the importance of boxing figs, it's absolutely unbelievable that SS, the ****ING DISTRIBUTOR, of these things in the US, doesn't.

Amen. :lecture

Just venting.

SS wants to charge me $26 to ship John Wick to Texas. That's more than I, a normal civilian shipper, pays to ship HT figures through UPS. And I don't have a business contract of any sort. You know how much it is to ship my Black Panther, packed out at BBTS, via the same method SS uses? $12. Over half the cost.

I'm putting my tinfoil hat on, but I wonder if others are paying less for shipping if they didn't use a coupon.

SS can keep their coupons and RPs. I've been pretty loose on that statement for a while, but unless it's a figure that's only available through SS, I'm done with them.

I'm going to finish out my POs (all are SS excl figs), burn my RPs on a final order, and wipe my hands.

You know what I've never gotten from BBTS? A figure with a demolished box. Do you know what I've never paid for from BBTS? A surcharge to pack out. I never sit on edge the day of delivery expecting a totaled figure from shipping. BBTS, Alter Ego, Timewalker, and the like all see the importance of boxing figs, it's absolutely unbelievable that SS, the ****ING DISTRIBUTOR, of these things in the US, doesn't.

i called them and asked them to pack out all my figures and they said no. "we dont double box any 1/6th diecast hot toys"

when the heck did this start? they won't pack out die cast??? i asked why and she said the boxes are too big. are you ****ing kidding me???

i called them and asked them to pack out all my figures and they said no. "we dont double box any 1/6th diecast hot toys"

when the heck did this start? they won't pack out die cast??? i asked why and she said the boxes are too big. are you ****ing kidding me???

oh yea, I have all of my orders set to be double-boxed with them and yet diecast cant be. Yet any other retailer is able to double box for free. Its truly insane, TimeWalker double boxed and had free shipping for IW Thanos which is much bigger than any diecast box. I just got John Wick from Alter Ego, double boxed and free shipping as well. So they really have no excuse.

oh yea, I have all of my orders set to be double-boxed with them and yet diecast cant be. Yet any other retailer is able to double box for free. Its truly insane, TimeWalker double boxed and had free shipping for IW Thanos which is much bigger than any diecast box. I just got John Wick from Alter Ego, double boxed and free shipping as well. So they really have no excuse.

they do have an excuse. "we dont care about our customers" - SS

makes me angry that I have supported them for so long. I think its time to stop.

Although I haven't had any direct issues with them yet, I think it's obvious the Sideshow of old is long gone. They must have gotten new management within the last couple years. It would explain the huge drop in quality.

It's years since I bought one of the plastic iron man figures that hot toys adds a bit of diecast to to fool morons that it's a diecast figure and sideshow double boxed all of them. This must have been a recent development.

They are a LOT bigger if you look at everything they are selling now vs just a few years ago. so i'm not suprised that they have cut back on some things.

They don't double box diecast figures because the HT box is larger than that for the "standard" HT releases and Sideshow is too cheap to order/stock a larger cardboard box to accommodate them. That truly is pathetic from a customer service standpoint. I stopped paying for double boxing on ALL of my Sideshow orders a couple of years ago and haven't had any issues, but I'm still a bit anxious when they arrive. That's not the case with other retailers like Timewalker, AE, PCZ and BBTS.

are there any discount codes going around for in stock items?

they charge $26.50 to ship a non die cast hot toys figure with no packout to east coast. what a crock of shiot.

i hate shady business practices. id rather them say, its $15 to ship plus a $10 dollar handling fee. something a little more transparent than just 26.50 to ship ups ground. with their account, it probably costs $8-9 bucks. what a bunch of snakes they are. i just don't like the intense greed. just like sellers on eBay charging $40+ to ship things that will cost $15. why must everyone be greedy all the time. would kill ppl to be honest...just one time??

Last edited:
Ordered ROTS Obi-Wan in May, received him in June, and just received a $25 code from my order. Sweet! I?ll take it. It?s basically free shipping.

Ordered ROTS Obi-Wan in May, received him in June, and just received a $25 code from my order. Sweet! I?ll take it. It?s basically free shipping.

Used it in my latest order as well. Helps with the taxes. [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

if anyone has a extra code they aren't using may I have it? I'm about to order something on SSC.

I have a digital code for endgame if anyone is willing to exchange for a code? Just thought I should throw that out there....

Back