Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

At this rate, everyone's gonna start waiting for discounts before pre-ordering anything :lol

At the rate the order numbers go up, even from day to day, you will realise that the actions of people on this forum are merely a small fraction of Sideshow's customers.

Yeah that's what I'm doing from now on. Unless you want an EX there's nothing gained from preordering on day one.

Which is why I don't get the reasoning behind non-EX figures.

Vader, Cap, Thanos, Ultron, Obi-Wan...what's going on, HT? I could come up with EXs for all those figs.

Vader: Extra unmasked (Sebastian Shaw) head.
Cap: Broken shield.
Thanos: Extra smiling sculpt head.
Ultron: Extra hand with energy blast.
Obi-Wan: Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber.

They're probably trying to not have one seller favored over others. And saving $$ in the process.

Especially when that seller is also the biggest distributor - it's always seemed very dealer-unfriendly to do these SSC exclusives.

To be honest I've never been impressed with any of the exclusives. They're all little knick knacks that would just stay in the box if I had them. As Snikt said with Thanos, an alternate head would be pretty nice. Would have gotten more preorders no doubt, and might have silenced some of the overpriced complaints as well.

Especially when that seller is also the biggest distributor - it's always seemed very dealer-unfriendly to do these SSC exclusives.

It seems as though the stormtrooper exclusive set was likely produced in small numbers too. No one seemed impressed by it yet it sold out quickly despite the NRD. Han I don't count as the set has all the same items and that can be had anywhere. Only going on SW here obviously.

I never understand the fuss over the EXs, I agree it's typically something I don't care about. Star Lord handcuffs, the Aether from Thor 2, etc.

Or the canister from Amazing Spider-man 2.

The only advantage to getting the exclusive is that they tend to sell for a higher price than the regular if you need to sell something later on. But I agree a lot of them are pretty lame.

I'm an exclusive whore. :)

Maybe I should use the word, junkie instead. :D

The only advantage to getting the exclusive is that they tend to sell for a higher price than the regular if you need to sell something later on. But I agree a lot of them are pretty lame.

Yep! Some ex are good but 80% now are just too minor to be cool or even make a difference.

Was just told that CS012015 is good for 20% off of a number of items which have already been on sale before. Not sure what exactly.

They're probably trying to clear more stuff out before the onslaught of boxes from the dock get delivered. Too bad that won't apply to PFs--I'd be ordering like crazy.

The add shows Spider-Man but when i go to use it, it says no.

2015-02-24-03-16-13-1710075143.jpeg

Back