Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings NEWYEAR15 $20 off

At least you get shipping covered! Living in CA, i'm lucky if it covers the sales tax! I order from other places (like BBTS) as well but prefer SS because of quick shipping. Tax sucks.

All these $20 coupons don't really do anything. All they do is nullify the shipping cost if you are going for pack out. $10 shipping, $10 pack out. With $20 coupon there still other places cheaper, so it isn't much of an incentive. They need to make coupons $30 at least.
Jeez! Don't use them then!

Try $40-100 shipping then adding 20% ontop. Would love to see the tears then :crying

All these $20 coupons don't really do anything. All they do is nullify the shipping cost if you are going for pack out. $10 shipping, $10 pack out. With $20 coupon there still other places cheaper, so it isn't much of an incentive. They need to make coupons $30 at least.

No place cheaper for me

Maybe you could do what I did. Find something with free shipping.

Jeez! Don't use them then!

Try $40-100 shipping then adding 20% ontop. Would love to see the tears then :crying
I won't. That's why I buy elsewhere. Unless there's an exclusive then I get from SS. In your case I wouldn't get from a US seller. I'd probably get from a UK seller.

Maybe you could do what I did. Find something with free shipping.
I can do that. But then I'd be buying something I don't really want just for the sake of using the coupon. In which case I wouldn't be saving anything.

While I agree that $20 usually negates the shipping, at least we get the discount. $20 is $20. The best time for these is during Spook or BF when things are already super cheap in clearance.

Allowing us to use RP with a twenty dollar code would be a nice touch. I really doubt that would hurt their bottom line and would add even more incentive to buy. To be honest, if this were an option I'd have purchased two or three more figures than I already have this quarter.

Everything i buy i would buy without codes or RP anyway. I have used about $240 in codes the last time i checked, so i really cannot complain.

Just like it never made sense that we used to earn 0 RP if we used RP for any portion of a purchase (which thankfully has changed) I never understood why you couldn't combine RP and a 20 dollar code on a purchase.

But most places don't let you combine multiple deals or coupons so I guess it's not unusual.

I buy from SSC whenever possible but the cheapest option usually seems to buy it used from someone else, unless it's something like Python or GA Cap etc. I've gotten plenty of really good deals on figures buying them here on the for sale board.

:exactly:

I'm fairly new to the HT hobby but so far most of my purchases have been from members or evilbay. I've technically only bought once from SS. As I said I would have bought several others if that option were available.

Just like it never made sense that we used to earn 0 RP if we used RP for any portion of a purchase (which thankfully has changed) I never understood why you couldn't combine RP and a 20 dollar code on a purchase.

But most places don't let you combine multiple deals or coupons so I guess it's not unusual.

I buy from SSC whenever possible but the cheapest option usually seems to buy it used from someone else, unless it's something like Python or GA Cap etc. I've gotten plenty of really good deals on figures buying them here on the for sale board.

This. I've bought a few on here (although not everyone leaves feedback!) for really decent prices.

P.s. did you enjoy the snow down there in SD?

Allowing us to use RP with a twenty dollar code would be a nice touch. I really doubt that would hurt their bottom line and would add even more incentive to buy. To be honest, if this were an option I'd have purchased two or three more figures than I already have this quarter.

I agree. Would love to be able to combine codes with points. Oh well.

Yeah, not much we can do about it. It'd be nice but we still get stuff like spook etc. I kinda wish I'd bought Thor during it now. lol

This. I've bought a few on here (although not everyone leaves feedback!) for really decent prices.

P.s. did you enjoy the snow down there in SD?

Well it didn't snow where I live, but I can see it up in the mountains from my house. I'm actually hoping to take my Son up to the mountains in the next couple of days to shoot some photos of him in the snow in his Winter Soldier costume. ;)

Ugh, so many items pushed back. Why Shadow trooper, those were made for Toy Soul in Dec. ?

I think a lot of its shipping issues at the moment.

Has anyone who was given a double rewards offer on an RE item when their EX waitlist didn't convert actually received the double rewards on their account? My 40 days since order is in a few days and my pending points on the item still show the regular amount of reward points total, not double.

Ugh, so many items pushed back. Why Shadow trooper, those were made for Toy Soul in Dec. ?

There is a labor strike/slow down going on with the ports of LA/Long Beach where all this stuff is shipped in from china. It's not just SS stuff, it's anything imported from Asis which is just about everything. :cuss

There is a labor strike/slow down going on with the ports of LA/Long Beach where all this stuff is shipped in from china. It's not just SS stuff, it's anything imported from Asis which is just about everything. :cuss

Wow, we don't hear about these things in the midwest, sounds serious.

So I've now done spook and 12 days. Whats their next big event?

Back