Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other stuff that has nothing to do with codes

I don't know you guys, but right now I love you guys! :grouphug: I agree with all of this 1000%! This is why I hate Apple! I give them credit for having a successful business model (ie, pulling the wool over everyone's eyes), but their products suck in comparison to others. I'd rather be able to customize my computers, or add memory/replace the battery in my phone. I am quite confident I will never buy an Apple product. Never have, never will... I did first learn computers on an Apple 2 and Apple 2E many, many years ago. That was my only Apple experience. Then I promptly bought a Commodore 64, and the rest was history!
Oh, I almost forgot. I had a job using a Mac about 22 years ago. I hated working on that thing so much that I quit the job after 2 months.

That's how I feel about PC's and non-iPhones. They're too much of a pain in the ass I'd rather deal with what I know will work every time I go to use it.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other stuff that has nothing to do with codes

I'd just like to know why I will set up a Playlist in iTunes on my computer, and then after I syncronize my iPod to my computer, and play that same playlist on my iPod, all of the songs are in a completely different order. Totally annoying.

Apple has 2 top notch products: iPhones and iPods, everything else sucks.

iTunes is absolute crap.

Apple has 2 top notch products: iPhones and iPods, everything else sucks.

No one else even makes a music player like an iPod, so they're alone in that category. That said, I'd never again buy one nor recommend one - a used iPhone is a much better value and will outlive the iPod in OS and app updates every time. You didn't mention the Mac, but at this time no one makes computer hardware I'd ever consider instead - even if I ran only Windows. There are people that feel strongly the other way too, they build systems specifically to run Mac OS. Usually if I'm building something, it's for a very specific single purpose, like transcoding video - at that point I might not worry about running Mac OS and would just install Debian or Ubuntu.

iTunes is absolute crap.

It's become convoluted and slow and given some time and resources I could easily design away all its faults (it's what I do). But again, there's nothing by anyone else that competes. iTunes stands alone despite its faults. There's a reason no one else has anything like it - it's a huge undertaking.

Last edited:

I listen to music on my phone all the time. Works every bit as good as an iPod, IMO. And it doesn't mix up all of my songs.

Yup, my phone plays music pretty well and transferring to a memory card beats the hell out of using iTunes.

Last edited:

No one else even makes a music player like an iPod, so they're alone in that category.

It's become convoluted and slow and given some time and resources I could easily design away all its faults (it's what I do). But again, there's nothing by anyone else that competes. iTunes stands alone despite its faults. There's a reason no one else has anything like it - it's a huge undertaking.

Um, what? There's other mp3 players that people can use other than the iPod.

iTune stands alone being the most frustrating and useless piece of software Apple ever designed and that's about it.

I'd just like to know why I will set up a Playlist in iTunes on my computer, and then after I syncronize my iPod to my computer, and play that same playlist on my iPod, all of the songs are in a completely different order. Totally annoying.

How are you creating your custom order?

I don't have the software in front of me, but in iTunes on my PC for example, I created a Playlist with all of the songs on the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack. There are 30 songs, and they are all in order, 1-30. But when I sync my iPod, they're all jumbled up. So the song that is #1 on my PC is now #19 on my iPod. Weird.

Um, what? There's other mp3 players that people can use other than the iPod.

All the ones I used to know about are gone. So which music players are out there right now that can run the same library of apps as the phone-based counterpart to that music player product? Or are you talking about the click-wheel iPods and iPod nano?

iTune stands alone being the most frustrating and useless piece of software Apple ever designed and that's about it.

Yup, it's frustrating. But name another program that can be used as a replacement to manage a huge music library with the same features, including cross platform? Even excluding cross platform I can only think of Media Monkey that comes anywhere close that's still around and it's a mess too.

All the ones I used to know about are gone. So which music players are out there right now that can run the same library of apps as the phone-based counterpart to that music player product? Or are you talking about the click-wheel iPods and iPod nano?

Yup, it's frustrating. But name another program that can be used as a replacement to manage a huge music library with the same features, including cross platform? Even excluding cross platform I can only think of Media Monkey that comes anywhere close that's still around and it's a mess too.

Yep, the wheelin dealin ones. :D

There are other of cross platform music library options, Tomahawk comes to mind, I'm sure if I google there'd be half a dozen more easy. As for identical features? Idk, though most of what iTuens offers in that dept may be useless anyway and slowing it down. lol

I don't have the software in front of me, but in iTunes on my PC for example, I created a Playlist with all of the songs on the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack. There are 30 songs, and they are all in order, 1-30. But when I sync my iPod, they're all jumbled up. So the song that is #1 on my PC is now #19 on my iPod. Weird.

All the songs of the soundtrack don't need a playlist as they're part of an album, so that's an alternative for that kind of content. An album will automatically be in the correct track order if your tags are correct. For a playlist, regardless of what's in it, make sure you only sort by the far left column, no others, and then drag the music into the order you want it. Is that what you've done?

Also, while iTunes has quirks and I dislike it, I dislike click-wheel iPods a lot more. Very poor software design and they lack many features that are supported by iTunes. I also dislike playlists in iTunes and iPods in general for a number of reasons, ordering not necessarily one of them though.

While I prefer Apple's products that we've been discussing over alternatives, I'm the first one to point out their faults. I'm also not a fan of the music playback app for iOS. Again, it gets a number of core principles incorrect that have unfortunately been carried over from the old iPod line. Dislike intensely for example that "Now Playing" isn't actually a real-time song queue. Can't stand the default sort order and the fact you can't browse by albums sorted by artist and then year. Anyway, there's a lot wrong with it - but more wrong with most others. That's life at the moment, I suppose. ;)

Last edited:

There are other of cross platform music library options, Tomahawk comes to mind, I'm sure if I google there'd be half a dozen more easy.

You know that you can keep naming anything you'd like to suggest and I'm going to give them a try. And if they suck, I'm going to come looking for you. Just saying. ;) I have a decent music collection upwards of 40k tracks, so whatever you suggest better be able to deal with it and not freak out that the files are served over a LAN from a NAS. I don't care too much about using such an app for advanced playback as long as I can preview tracks and listen to an album, plus the app should have VERY good tagging ability. Right now I use a number of scripts with iTunes for a lot of tagging work and then pass the files through mp3Tag on one of my Windows boxes for a sanity check and extraneous rage stripping when I'm done (I like keeping my tags exclusively ID3v2.3)

When I want to actually listen to a bunch of music I just stream from the NAS with my Squeezeboxes.

So, anyone see Arkham Knights new release date of 6/15 :gah:
Brightside is, theres a Triforce Batmobile Ed. (unk scale) :yess:

You know that you can keep naming anything you'd like to suggest and I'm going to give them a try. And if they suck, I'm going to come looking for you. Just saying. ;) I have a decent music collection upwards of 40k tracks, so whatever you suggest better be able to deal with it and not freak out that the files are served over a LAN from a NAS. I don't care too much about using such an app for advanced playback as long as I can preview tracks and listen to an album, plus the app should have VERY good tagging ability. Right now I use a number of scripts with iTunes for a lot of tagging work and then pass the files through mp3Tag on one of my Windows boxes for a sanity check and extraneous rage stripping when I'm done (I like keeping my tags exclusively ID3v2.3)

When I want to actually listen to a bunch of music I just stream from the NAS with my Squeezeboxes.
Use Spotify before Tomahawk, I'd be genuinely interested to see how you feel about them. :)

Back