Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

Thanks guys, first post updated with the new code.

Now I wish I hadn't ordered the Captain America two pack this morning when there were "less than ten remaining". :slap

Odd, cause there are less than 100 now.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

You're not alone. I've got the Hot Toys 3-pack Batman armory pre-ordered, but other than that, they haven't previewed anything else I'm even mildly interested in, Sideshow has the Hoth and R2 pre-orders up, but I'm waiting for release late in the year before I commit. The only thing on the horizon are Fewture's Fringe characters and 3Zero's Walking Dead - neither of which I expect before the end of the year, so I may be done for 2014 as well.

I did, and still kind of do, want the Bat figure plus armory, but I decided and had the opportunity to get Keaton Batman instead, which I wanted more-so anyway. I think what's next for me is either wait for Ultron, or wait even longer and see if they do a Thanos. Other than those, I'm kind of done. Sure there are figures I would like to have, but at these price points, they aren't ones I'm pursuing.....unless I hit the lottery or something :)

Capn. Flex payments went from 42... To 37.52. Makes life easier, now I can buy more stupid **** I don't need. Month to month. Lmfao

^ :lol A meal is not that bad.... haha

Dont forget this Summer's "exclusives" that come out around SDCC. we should know what those are in 5 or 6 weeks.

I can't actually believe I'm saying this, but I'm good for collecting for now. THere isn't anything out there, other than my POs, that I want, not yet anyway, so I"m probably good for the rest of the year.

Oops, I didn't realize it was a pre-order. All this talk of "100 left" made me think it was in stock.

True, though I've yet to see one that I've been interested in but you never know.

I guess you can use it on another order w/o an NRD. You'll get slightly more reward points anyways w/ the combo pack. :)

I decided for another $150 ... I would pass on Steve Rodgers and just get the Stealth Suit.

I am displaying my evolution of Cap shelf and I think Steve will stand out ...

I really wanted the strike suit cap, but the difference between just that and the two pack was $120 ($219 / $339) plus tax for me being in CA. Can't pass up a whole figure with a metal shield for $130 in my book. Heck Banner is what, $190?

Plus the fact that the two pack was limited to a quantity of one.....does that mean it's at least a bit exclusive and not as many are made? Or are there a lot of figures that are limited to one? I thought it was only the more rare ones.

^^^ I feel partly responsible for your early pre-order, so I apologize for that. :slap Looks like that conspiracy theory about the low quantities to get customers to buy might be true... I pre-ordered Day 1 thinking it was limited so I'm stuck with it anyhow, but I look at it as I'm getting slightly more reward points, plus I can always use this month's and next month's coupon for other things I already have pre-ordered on the WS line.

I stopped buying for the exclusiveness of pieces.

I buy what I like.

And while it is only $130.00... it's $130.

Civilian dress is not that hard to do. It's just the shield.

I'm good with my display not having. it.

Considering the plastic shields go for $80+ on ebay, and even a duplicate head from Headplay is $30-35, I couldn't pass up the real thing for $130. Not to mention, heck a "real" body like a TTM is pretty expensive these days.

Also, I like having "exclusive" or rare stuff. That's just me. Oh, and Cap is my favorite super hero. So there's that.

That said, once all of these Cap figures come out, there will probably be an onslaught of shields available on Ebay etc. ;)

Like I said, we all have preferences.

For my display it just doesn't work and I have other things I can put that money towards.

But that is why collecting is so cool. There is something for everyone.

Like I said, we all have preferences.

For my display it just doesn't work and I have other things I can put that money towards.

But that is why collecting is so cool. There is something for everyone.

"Something for everyone" but I keep finding myself wanting everything :gah:

Considering the plastic shields go for $80+ on ebay, and even a duplicate head from Headplay is $30-35, I couldn't pass up the real thing for $130. Not to mention, heck a "real" body like a TTM is pretty expensive these days.

Also, I like having "exclusive" or rare stuff. That's just me. Oh, and Cap is my favorite super hero. So there's that.

That said, once all of these Cap figures come out, there will probably be an onslaught of shields available on Ebay etc. ;)

:yess::hi5::duff

Back