Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don’t even do the $5 for signing up anymore?

It's probably like the last event where they just sent out emails randomly to those who registered. :(

The text version of the schedule:

Monday, June 14​

• 9 AM: New At Sideshow LIVE
  • 11 AM: Cobbled Cosplay Fan Edition
  • 2 PM: Trivial Cahoots – That 70s Trivia
  • 4 PM: Let Your Spoiler Sideshow – The Bad Batch

Tuesday, June 15​

• 10 AM: Unsealed and Revealed
  • 12 PM: Win, Lose, or DIE – Spooky Scary Side Quest
  • 3 PM: Trivial Cahoots – Totally 80s Trivia

Wednesday, June 16​

• 2 PM: Trivial Cahoots – XXtreme 90s Trivia
  • 4 PM: The Comics Haul

Thursday, June 17​

• 10 AM: Level Up! Week Booth Tour
  • 12 PM: Win, Lose, or DIE – The Quarter Eater
  • 2 PM: Trivial Cahoots – Futuristic 2000s Trivia
  • 3 PM: UN-Sold Out Show

Friday, June 18​

• 1 PM: Trivial Cahoots – 2010 and Beyond Trivia
  • 4 PM: Let Your Spoiler Sideshow – Loki
  • 5 PM: That Sideshow Show *exclusively in the Let Your Geek Sideshow Facebook Group

Thanks to both of you for sharing the schedule for next week's event!

I've read the chatter in this thread about the new way SS gave out rewards during Iron Man Day, but I have questions! I didn't get any rewards that day because apparently when they went live I didn't log-in to games they played during the live streams?

So now when SS goes live on an event day or during an event week, I need to go to a URL and sign up my email for a game? Does the URL change from show-to-show and game-to-game, or does it always stay the same? Do I actually need to participate/score points in the game to receive rewards, or do I just need to sign up for the game? Does everyone who signs up for the game get rewards or are they randomly given out to a select number of people who signed up for the game?

Can anyone who participated in the Iron Man Day live streams and games shed light on this new process for me? Do we know they're going to continue with this process for Level Up Week next week, or have they said they're going back to the "old way" next week? I don't want to miss out on a whole week of rewards next week if I don't have to!

Thanks!

I've read the chatter in this thread about the new way SS gave out rewards during Iron Man Day, but I have questions! I didn't get any rewards that day because apparently when they went live I didn't log-in to games they played during the live streams?

So now when SS goes live on an event day or during an event week, I need to go to a URL and sign up my email for a game? Does the URL change from show-to-show and game-to-game, or does it always stay the same? Do I actually need to participate/score points in the game to receive rewards, or do I just need to sign up for the game? Does everyone who signs up for the game get rewards or are they randomly given out to a select number of people who signed up for the game?

Can anyone who participated in the Iron Man Day live streams and games shed light on this new process for me? Do we know they're going to continue with this process for Level Up Week next week, or have they said they're going back to the "old way" next week? I don't want to miss out on a whole week of rewards next week if I don't have to!

Thanks!

I always watch from the Let Your Geek Sideshow Facebook group. The link is given there before the game starts. Go to it, create an account with your Sideshow account email, or select the account you used previously as it should still be there.

You don't need to score points, just sign in with the email you use for Sideshow and they should email you a code about a week later.

If you play and win you'll win rewards.

Thanks!
The url link they use is sideshow.live

You enter the code they give you

You enter your sideshow account email

Done, that simple.

All you need to do is join the game you don’t have to play the game they will still send you the reward code for now anyways who knows what the future will bring upon us lol

This is the new way no more codes going out to code groups.

It’s really not that much work yeah sure you have to be there at the time of the show to login with the code and your account email where as with the code groups you had to just wait for a reward code to be sent to you.

This is the new way no more codes going out to code groups.

It’s really not that much work yeah sure you have to be there at the time of the show to login with the code and your account email where as with the code groups you had to just wait for a reward code to be sent to you.

I prefer it to the original method, the old days when you had a whole week not knowing at what moment a code might drop and then you had five minutes to grab it.

Now there's a schedule we can relax until the allotted times. :lol

Regarding the $5 for registering - that didn't happen for all events in the past, usually only the big ones like Sideshow Con, NY Con, Spooktacular & their birthday week. They seem to be making up new "event weeks" every other day so it's probably unrealistic to expect a $5 handout for each and every one.

Regarding reward codes, I still expect Sideshow to drop them during stuff like Cobbled Cosplay & Win, Lose or Die. Trivial Cahoots and That Sideshow Show will no doubt have the trivia & bingo games that we need to "participate" in to get the email codes.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about the new way SS is giving out codes during live streams!

It seems simple enough- I get a notification on my phone every time they go live, so I just need to open up the stream, get the code they're giving out for that stream's game (if there is one), go to sideshow.live, enter the code, log-in with my Sideshow account, and then I should receive an email with a reward code in it within a week's time?

Is there any reason why we're not simply sharing the code they gave out in the stream (to enter on the sideshow.live site, not the actual reward code itself) in this and the No Banter thread? That obviously goes against what they're trying to do with changing their code distribution method, but so has the way we've been sharing hundreds of codes on here over the years, which they only wanted people who watch their live streams or follow their social channels to get.

Once a code to enter onto sideshow.live is released in the live stream, we could share it on here to help all of us get it entered and hopefully later receive an email with a reward code in it.

Any thoughts on that?

I'm sure everyone will want to throw me off the forum for this, but how about actually tuning in to the show. I can understand sharing codes the way things used to be. They were given out at all times of the day and no one knew exactly when they were coming. You couldn't just hang out on your computer 24/7. Now, you know when the show is. They give you a code, you enter it, you have a little fun.......YOU GET REWARDED!!!!!!!! Everybody wants the easy way out all the time. I have never gotten so many rewards as in the past year. I cashed in almost $400 in March and have earned another $170 since then just tuning in.

I'm sure everyone will want to throw me off the forum for this, but how about actually tuning in to the show. I can understand sharing codes the way things used to be. They were given out at all times of the day and no one knew exactly when they were coming. You couldn't just hang out on your computer 24/7. Now, you know when the show is. They give you a code, you enter it, you have a little fun.......YOU GET REWARDED!!!!!!!! Everybody wants the easy way out all the time. I have never gotten so many rewards as in the past year. I cashed in almost $400 in March and have earned another $170 since then just tuning in.
There are these things called jobs, lives, time zones... Some Americans seem completely oblivious that last one.

Also there's nothing entertaining or fun about their shows, it's all cringe.

There are these things called jobs, lives, time zones... Some Americans seem completely oblivious that last one.

Also there's nothing entertaining or fun about their shows, it's all cringe.
No one is forgetting about time zones or any of the other stuff. They are giving out REWARDS, which means they expect something from you. And how does the time zone thing matter anyway? If you received a Tapatalk notice that a reward code was posted, you would stop whatever you were doing or wake up in the middle of the night to claim it.

No one is forgetting about time zones or any of the other stuff. They are giving out REWARDS, which means they expect something from you. And how does the time zone thing matter anyway? If you received a Tapatalk notice that a reward code was posted, you would stop whatever you were doing or wake up in the middle of the night to claim it.
Maybe they should make their shows tolerable then if they want people to watch, and they already get something from us, our money. Majority of people only join for the rewards, that's all you see in the chats is people asking if a code dropped yet or if they will be giving out rewards in that stream.

Maybe they should make their shows tolerable then if they want people to watch, and they already get something from us, our money. Majority of people only join for the rewards, that's all you see in the chats is people asking if a code dropped yet or if they will be giving out rewards in that stream.
I agree that the shows need help. I know I wouldn't be watching if I wasn't getting something from it. I usually try to be doing something more constructive at the same time. The point is, if you give a little, you get a little. It's really been adding up for me.

I agree that the shows need help. I know I wouldn't be watching if I wasn't getting something from it. I usually try to be doing something more constructive at the same time. The point is, if you give a little, you get a little. It's really been adding up for me.
We already give them a lot though, and lately they have been giving less and less by making it harder to get these reward codes, providing fewer of them and now making rewards expire after 1 year (which seems like plenty of time but it isn't really with the kind of lead times these products have).

When we were all COVID shut-ins and people were working from home these changes were tolerable as you could "participate" by having their stream muted & running in a separate window or on a separate device. But now that we appear to be returning to our pre-COVID realities it will no doubt be difficult for many people to actively take part, hence the question about sharing the game log in codes.

Regarding reward codes, I still expect Sideshow to drop them during stuff like Cobbled Cosplay & Win, Lose or Die. Trivial Cahoots and That Sideshow Show will no doubt have the trivia & bingo games that we need to "participate" in to get the email codes.
They used the same app they use for trivia and bingo for votes in the last Cobbled Cosplay, and rewards were given out to those who voted, so expect that to continue. They'll figure out a way to have participants for Win Lose or Die, too, I have no doubt.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about the new way SS is giving out codes during live streams!

It seems simple enough- I get a notification on my phone every time they go live, so I just need to open up the stream, get the code they're giving out for that stream's game (if there is one), go to sideshow.live, enter the code, log-in with my Sideshow account, and then I should receive an email with a reward code in it within a week's time?

Is there any reason why we're not simply sharing the code they gave out in the stream (to enter on the sideshow.live site, not the actual reward code itself) in this and the No Banter thread? That obviously goes against what they're trying to do with changing their code distribution method, but so has the way we've been sharing hundreds of codes on here over the years, which they only wanted people who watch their live streams or follow their social channels to get.

Once a code to enter onto sideshow.live is released in the live stream, we could share it on here to help all of us get it entered and hopefully later receive an email with a reward code in it.

Any thoughts on that?
Thing is I haven’t seen any reward codes to be entered the way they used to post in the live streams and people would post everywhere. The FB messenger code group hasn’t pinged me in a while since this new way started up. I joined in on those Iron Man day events. When you visit that sideshow.live URL (it also has another word appended to that link but pretty sure just for that particular game), they ask you to use your email account that you have tied to your Sideshow account. That way they send you a reward code about a week later to that email address. The reward code is only a one time use is my guess so definitely can’t share it unless you’re feeling generous. Accumulating reward codes was a bit easy last year because many folks were working from home plus the code groups and the board here made it so that it was hard to miss them. This new format definitely puts a stop to all the sharing if this is how it will be going forward.

Back