Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LinkedIn. Post says it was valid from 8.30AM to 8.40AM, I'm guessing it was either posted late or no one found out about it until it had almost expired.

It probably was posted on time, but since they haven?t posted a code on LinkedIn ever before (as far as I know), no one probably noticed until eight minutes after it was posted!

So LinkedIn is another place we need to be keeping our eye on (at least during this Spook)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably was posted on time, but since they haven?t posted a code on LinkedIn ever before (as far as I know), no one probably noticed until eight minutes after it was posted!

So LinkedIn is another place we need to be keeping our eye on (at least during this Spook)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at the posting, the email alert came out within 2 minutes of it going live.

***I take that back, I got the alert at 8:40...but it was already dead by then.

I appreciate everyone that tracks down these codes, because I'm sure not gonna lurk on sites like LinkedIn. I wish they'd just use FB and newsletters like they used to.

Well, some folks on the FB page are posting pics of them entering the code at :38, and it already being expired...so lapse in people reacting on the Linkedin post, plus slightly early expiration...equals a lot of squealing! :rotfl

Yep- it was posted on LinkedIn at 8:30 Pacific, but apparently no one noticed and cross-posted it until seven or eight minutes later, so it made it seem like the code was only live for two or three minutes. Thankfully it was a 10-minute code like so many of their other Spook '19 codes, they just decided to randomly post one to a random place like LinkedIn on day six of Spook!

Yeah, I’m not doing the LinkedIn thing, that’s specifically a professional networking platform to be used for professional endeavors. SSC, you can have Instagram, FB, Twitter and the like, but I draw the line at LI.

Yeah, it was a lot easier during Spook '18 when they posted all the RP codes either simultaneously on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or in the chats of their live YouTube and Facebook videos (and it was even easier during Geeksgiving last year, when all of the codes were only posted in their then-new Facebook group).

But this year they have used YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, three different Facebook groups, the chats of their live videos, and codes written on post-it notes that are shown in videos, so it's definitely more annoying and tedious to keep track of. I know they're during an actual/official Scavenger Hunt this year, but simply finding where the latest code has been posted seems like a scavenger hunt unto itself this year!

Though this year they have already given out just $2 less than they gave out during the entirety of Spook '18, so I guess we shouldn't complain!

Back