Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to everyone sharing the code here and in the non-banter thread! I'm up to $323 in RP, with only $23.50 of them coming from an actual SS purchase!

And people get mad and wonder as to why the free RP codes only last a few minutes. :dunno

What? All through free codes? That is amazing. How long have you been at it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a few years- SS has been very generous with giving out RP codes during Spook the past few years, and since SDCC last year.

So basically you hardly ever buy anything.

Yeah, that's right! I am very selective about what makes it into my collection, as I only have so much space and money to put towards it. Nothing wrong with that, right?

And actually, almost all of my collection has been created since I started hoarding free SS RP points a few years ago, so I've bought plenty- just not much from SS! And they're the only company I know that regularly gives out free money!

Only a few years- SS has been very generous with giving out RP codes during Spook the past few years, and since SDCC last year.

Yeah, that's right! I am very selective about what makes it into my collection, as I only have so much space and money to put towards it. Nothing wrong with that, right?

And actually, almost all of my collection has been created since I started hoarding free SS RP points a few years ago, so I've bought plenty- just not much from SS! And they're the only company I know that regularly gives out free money!

I think I got all of the codes from Spooktacular but I rarely get the ones they do during Sideshow Live. I think it is awesome that you’ve saved that much without spending anything. Are you working toward something specific?

I think I got all of the codes from Spooktacular but I rarely get the ones they do during Sideshow Live. I think it is awesome that you’ve saved that much without spending anything. Are you working toward something specific?

No I'm not, actually! I'm just assuming that eventually SS will sell something that I REALLY want! And, again, I don't know of any other company that straight up gives away free money to use on their items, so I'm stockpiling it as long as they do it!

No I'm not, actually! I'm just assuming that eventually SS will sell something that I REALLY want! And, again, I don't know of any other company that straight up gives away free money to use on their items, so I'm stockpiling it as long as they do it!

Well, you have SS code hunting dialed in! Well done. Do you think you’ve missed any since you started your quest?

I appreciate that you and others share the codes here. Happy hunting!

Well, you have SS code hunting dialed in! Well done. Do you think you’ve missed any since you started your quest?

I appreciate that you and others share the codes here. Happy hunting!

Oh yeah, I've definitely missed several of the codes they've given out (usually the ones they release in the middle of the night Pacific time when I'm sleeping), but thankfully I've been able to get many of them, thanks mainly to this thread and the non-banter one!

If I can afford something I really want I'll buy it. There's not much I get though because of limited space.

So I just keep stockpiling Reward Points from the live shows and events waiting for something extravagant to go up for order like the Falcon cockpit or the 1966 Batmobile. With my luck both of those will go up at the same time!

If I can afford something I really want I'll buy it. There's not much I get though because of limited space.

So I just keep stockpiling Reward Points from the live shows and events waiting for something extravagant to go up for order like the Falcon cockpit or the 1966 Batmobile. With my luck both of those will go up at the same time!

I was holding on to my reward points for the FALCON COCKPIT & BvS/JL Batmobile. Saw them both at SDCC, and both were amazing! Unfortunately, got tired of waiting. Even if they went up for order today, probably 12-18 months out. So, used all my points on Hulkbuster instead. Paid about $80 shipped for him.
It's very strange not having points anymore in my account. Got used to seeing hundreds for years. I did start to worry that SSC might cancel the program too. Anything is possible, and I didn't want to lose the points.

As far as $20 box codes go, talked to SSC the other day, and it doesn't sound good about a return. They said it's possible, but no current plans for a return at this time. Sucks.

If the $20 box codes are done I’ll just switch back to ordering from other places as I was doing before the codes. Even with their over inflated shipping prices, the code and reward points made it slightly cheaper to purchase from Sideshow directly. While I liked ordering from Sideshow there are less expensive options.

Too many posts from butt hurt people saying they will stop ordering from sideshow. If you wouldn't be ordering from sideshow anymore why should anyone besides you care? I like the codes but it seems like they created a bunch of welfare entitled buyers. Hopefully those people drift away if the codes become a rare thing.

Too many posts from butt hurt people saying they will stop ordering from sideshow. If you wouldn't be ordering from sideshow anymore why should anyone besides you care? I like the codes but it seems like they created a bunch of welfare entitled buyers. Hopefully those people drift away if the codes become a rare thing.

Well, Sideshow might care for one.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. The only reason people are complaining about removing the codes is because they are welfare entitled. Seriously? Its because Sideshow overcharges their shipping costs by an absurd amount, and the codes helped bring that in line. The people switching to different stores are not entitled, they are just buying from stores with more competitive pricing.

In the grand scheme they don't. :dunno Getting a item from BBTS is still putting money into SS's pocket.

I always go through them for the excellent service they have provided me since they went to online sales only. Sure I use codes when I can. Waiting on some to show up and add JL Supes and Neo. If none does, eh I'll order before they are released.

Well, Sideshow might care for one.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. The only reason people are complaining about removing the codes is because they are welfare entitled. Seriously? Its because Sideshow overcharges their shipping costs by an absurd amount, and the codes helped bring that in line. The people switching to different stores are not entitled, they are just buying from stores with more competitive pricing.

Hopefully those people move to other retailers soon. I am tired of the butt hurt and begging for codes posts.

Hopefully those people move to other retailers soon. I am tired of the butt hurt and begging for codes posts.

Why do you care so much? If people feel like SS service is getting worse, they are allowed to feel that way. People are discussing other options for ordering, maybe helping each other out to save money.

I had no idea trying to save money puts you on the welfare list :rotfl :rolleyes2 I guess when you have deep pockets everyone else seems like they're on welfare :lol

Guys, just ignore Malgus. Read through his posts and you'll see he rarely posts anything positive. Basically a lot of posts accusing people of being entitled and whiners while he constantly whines about visible joints and light up features on figures.

It's the opposite of welfare, actually. This is just free market capitalism. Customers go to the best price. A lack of discount codes makes SS prices less competitive and thus they will lose direct orders from customers.

If you don't want to listen to people's opinions, then may I refer you to the No Banter discount code thread?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/the-sandbox/182378-banter-ssc-reward-codes-thread.html

:lecture. Yup.

It’s amusing when someone needs to post that they’re annoyed at those having a discussion on a public discussion board, even sillier when they interpret that discussion as being “butt hurt” and entitled. :lol

Hatefilled much? I don’t know why he got triggered and riled up? :lol
Obviously price creep is something to watch out for yourself and fellow collectors, but I don’t have any ill will towards Sideshow if they do away with the promotion model theyre been using for years now. I’d been holding off ordering some things as I’m sure many others have been until we had some indication if the box codes were continuing. That’s just being a good shopper, a good little consumer.

Back