Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS jacks their shipping up by 12 dollars ...

I'm not sure how much it's gone up, I just know that I spent 40 minutes on the web site looking for a delivery option that would take as long as possible but finally gave up and settled on their normal UPS which takes 1 week to NY. I was really hoping for an option that would take 20+ days. At least they don't have any USPS options as that would take 4 days max, typically 2 if Priority. I don't know what I'd do with myself if I got anything from Sideshow the same week I placed the order.

Just blew all my points last week, now the only things I'm looking at for the future will be direct from mfr or wait-for-steep discount from jet.com or similar site.

People still bother with these?

SS jacks their shipping up by 12 dollars ... then offers $6-$8 worth of codes if you're fast enough. How much pay do you waste waiting for your $2?

If BBTS offered flex pay they would be more attractive.

Yes shipping is a joke. When I started collecting I could ship a piece 1/4 for $10.00 $20.00, now a piece like that can cost more than $100.00 coast to coast. My I.A. Hulkbuster from SC, they offered me $800.00 shipping within few weeks or wait months for $400.00 that was an easy one. I had a 2 coupons that came on my orders I they just let me use one. Computer wrote you have used your code for this month. So I guess they are getting more strict rules

They are gone and nobody knows if they will return. I got an order in today and nothing doing. Only an extremely desirable exclusive could get me to place an order with them now.

I dont know if that is the consensus but I am doing the same. My Deluxe Starlord shipped from BBTS for 4.00 with a few other things. Can't beat that.

I dont know if that is the consensus but I am doing the same. My Deluxe Starlord shipped from BBTS for 4.00 with a few other things. Can't beat that.

Double boxed w/ bubble wrap for protection too. Sideshow shipping is a complete joke. Next trooper that comes out I am probably going to cashout all my reward points & buy from BBTS for the rest. I also like how they don't seem to jack up the price on their last stock like some other stores.

Double boxed w/ bubble wrap for protection too. Sideshow shipping is a complete joke. Next trooper that comes out I am probably going to cashout all my reward points & buy from BBTS for the rest. I also like how they don't seem to jack up the price on their last stock like some other stores.

BBTS goes into scalping mode once Sideshow sells out all their stock.

They are gone and nobody knows if they will return. I got an order in today and nothing doing. Only an extremely desirable exclusive could get me to place an order with them now.

I see. I guess no more ordering from SS then unless its an exclusive... My business goes to Timewalker Toys. Free combined shipping with pre-order discount.

Just gotta use up my rewards points at SS and thats it for me.

I see. I guess no more ordering from SS then unless its an exclusive... My business goes to Timewalker Toys. Free combined shipping with pre-order discount.

Just gotta use up my rewards points at SS and thats it for me.

I’m in the same boat here. Next item I want, I cash out and I’m out of the game. No more of this paltry $2 codes bull either.

.... maybe I’ll show up around spook again tho :lol

When it comes to HT figures, Sideshow isn't going to care if you buy from them or not since they are the ones distributing the HT stock to other dealers.

It's confirmed that the $20 monthlies are no more?

No, there are always couple months a year we don't get them. July or August is one because they say they are busy with SDCC and i thought January was one because of the holidays. If we don't get something in the next 5 weeks then i woud say they are gone.
SSC is still cheapest for me shipping wise. I don't qualify for BBTS $4 shipping so for me shipping from anyplace but SSC is always between $20 to $30 but SSC is around $12.

They still likely make a lot more when purchased directly from them. The codes will probably come back next month or the month after. They've had these breaks every once in a while.

Edit: What subzro said.

No, there are always couple months a year we don't get them. July or August is one because they say they are busy with SDCC and i thought January was one because of the holidays. If we don't get something in the next 5 weeks then i woud say they are gone.
SSC is still cheapest for me shipping wise. I don't qualify for BBTS $4 shipping so for me shipping from anyplace but SSC is always between $20 to $30 but SSC is around $12.

$12 isn't bad. It usually runs me twenty some, so the code usually cover most of the shipping. I'll have to shop around more myself.

$12 isn't bad. It usually runs me twenty some, so the code usually cover most of the shipping. I'll have to shop around more myself.

Try Timewalker Toys. Steven really takes care of his clients. You can combine multiple orders so anything $350+ gets free shipping. Think of it as a BBTS Pile of Loot with free shipping.

Same here, shipping has increased to more than $20 for me so I'm looking towards AEC's free shipping on pre-orders now if Sideshow doesn't have the codes anymore.

Try Timewalker Toys. Steven really takes care of his clients. You can combine multiple orders so anything $350+ gets free shipping. Think of it as a BBTS Pile of Loot with free shipping.

That's pretty good... maybe I'll look at them instead if the AEC reward return isn't better than their savings. :wink1:

I'm trying to find where they describe the Pile of Loot shipping in detail, do you know where that is? Do you have to place a $350 or more order or can you gradually add items to the pot?

Back