Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I swear half the items that are being discounted are the same things that have been discounted for a couple years at least. A couple new things get added but just the stuff that no one really wants. I think one year they had some really decent sales around this time of year (I think it was like 2013 or 2014). They had quite a few desirable figures and I picked up the Elder Predator from Predator 2 for a really decent price (I think it was like $175 plus free shipping and double rewards).

It seems like 2014 was the last time they got serious about good deals on Black Friday

I've spent about $3k on Black Friday sales this year because everything I bought was discounted. This was not for Christmas presents, it was just for stuff we wanted but were patient enough to wait to buy.

I have a $1k+ budget for Hot Toys but nothing I want is on sale, if I wanted $50 off retro Bones or $25 off Shades I could have bought them at that price any time in past couple months.

I guess Sideshow doesn't get it like most other companies

Example - My wife wanted a Shark Ion Duo Flex Vacuum. It is the least expensive on the Shark website normally priced at $359. At 2am on Black Friday it was the same price but when I woke up they had a 25% off everything sale so I bought it and since it was so cheap I also bought $100 in accessories, which I would not have normally bought.

I was also this close >< to buying a second unit for $201 (regularly $269).

If Sideshow just offered free shipping and an automatic 10% (that you could use with rewards) I would order at least 4 figures, Mark 46, mark 47, Dare Devil and Punisher.

Heck I would even do it is they offered free shipping and double rewards. But since they love having full warehouses I will continue to buy from ebay, which seems to be the best place to get deals as long as you are patient.

Wow i missed a freakin $10 code when the hell was that released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow i missed a freakin $10 code when the hell was that released

Around 2 am my time. They can put a big code out at that time knowing not many will get it but still looks good for them. How about a $10 around 6 or 7 pm EST? Won't ever happen. Maybe a $2 though....maybe.

Around 2 am my time. They can put a big code out at that time knowing not many will get it but still looks good for them. How about a $10 around 6 or 7 pm EST? Won't ever happen. Maybe a $2 though....maybe.

Sucks that they pulled this.

Yeah, I was still awake and thankfully was able to get the $10 code because of this thread and the non-banter one. It definitely sucks how often they release codes in the middle of the night, but, as it is often said, they don’t have to give us ANY free money.

If Sideshow just offered free shipping and an automatic 10% (that you could use with rewards) I would order at least 4 figures, Mark 46, mark 47, Dare Devil and Punisher.

Heck I would even do it is they offered free shipping and double rewards. But since they love having full warehouses I will continue to buy from ebay, which seems to be the best place to get deals as long as you are patient.

Not an attack on you, just a general observation I keep seeing. Basically everyone wants Sideshow to take MASSIVE losses on all their stuff to appease us. The claim of "If they would discount more, take a loss on shipping then take another loss by allowing rewards then I would spend more!" is a bad way of looking at it. They still bought this stuff from Hot Toys, they still have to pay to get it shipped and the rewards are magic "Sideshow" currency that is backed by them and only them. You buy more, they lose more. They would take larges losses and hurt their future due to all the discounts. As much as people hate on SS they keep using them. Imagine they go away and we have no official US distributor of HT or they have to stop manufacturing Statues or 1/6 stuff (and then rely on the magic "other" company to get the license that never happens or comes out worse). People would really ***** and moan then say that Sideshow should have known better with all the discounts. Sorry....I'll end my rant there.

I hear you choriyujin, and I understand where your coming from but one of my biggest peeves with Sideshow is their shipping costs. They charge $20 for shipping a figure from the west coast to the east coast and it takes a week for me to get it. When I order stuff from one sixth kit it's free shipping and I get it in the same amount of time if not less and they are in another country. When I order Hot Toys from Bigbadtoystore shipping is 4$ and I get it in the same amount of time if not less. So why should I not want a good discount for a 12 inch figure that costs 250$ and charges 20$ more to get it to my door?

I hear you choriyujin, and I understand where your coming from but one of my biggest peeves with Sideshow is their shipping costs. They charge $20 for shipping a figure from the west coast to the east coast and it takes a week for me to get it. When I order stuff from one sixth kit it's free shipping and I get it in the same amount of time if not less and they are in another country. When I order Hot Toys from Bigbadtoystore shipping is 4$ and I get it in the same amount of time if not less. So why should I not want a good discount for a 12 inch figure that costs 250$ and charges 20$ more to get it to my door?

That aspect I don't disagee at all. Their shipping is WAY overpriced and slow and is a rip off. They guaranteed have a shipping contract with UPS so it's a lot less for them than $20. My rant is more on people expecting Free shipping PLUS a discount PLUS using rewards PLUS getting rewards on that purchase. Clearing out old stuff is one thing (even Walmart clearances) but expecting it on recently released stuff is crazy.

It is irrelevant when you use rewards points for a purchase.

Which is why I don't understand people that save rewards points.

If I'm going to spend $5k on toy purchases at Sideshow in 2017 I will earn $250 in points. If I use my current amount on each new purchase or save them and use the full $250 on my last purchase I still get $5k in toys for $4750, no matter how you look at it. I guess there is a feeling of getting something for nothing if you are the consumer but if you are Sideshow it is irrelevant.

I also don't like that they build up Spooktacular and Black Friday and then you find out that 95% of the sales are not new and the other 5% is for stuff you don't want.

When I started collecting in 2014 I bought 20-30 figures from Sideshow and have not spent that much with them since, 2015 was ok but 2106 and 2017 have been huge disappointments.

If I were Sideshow I would much rather sell someone 25 figures a year then none, that is not a good business model.

The internet is too big to not be competitive.

I agree with Chory. Sideshow knows what their inventory and wholesale costs are. If they're running their business perfectly, they would never have to discount anything. Discounts are not there to satisfy the customer's sense of entitlement. They are there only when they will bring the company more profit than not offering the discount.

Nerdist's code was posted at 1:17 AM ET. So it looks like it took 45 minutes to hit the forum. Good thing it was a long-lasting one.

Thanks for using the non-banter thread. That's how I got it. The "other" forum's alert thread missed this one, until I posted it there.

Sucks that they pulled this.

Way too late here as well. I was hoping for a code, but gave up & went to bed about 15 minutes before this was posted. Maybe we'll get a Cyber Monday code too...

Though it was obviously a Sideshow reward code, it wasn't exactly issued by Sideshow directly but by Nerdist.

And I'm going to assume that most of us who got the Nerdist code were collectors who don't live in the North American time zones.....

I also don't like that they build up Spooktacular and Black Friday and then you find out that 95% of the sales are not new and the other 5% is for stuff you don't want.
This is what gets me. They tout their sales like it’s something to be excited for when in reality it’s the same crap as before, just a different name for the sale. You can get almost all this stuff for close to the same discount with various other sales and heck even by entering contests. Lately they’ve had more shipping deals but their shipping prices are already ridiculous. Just about every other retailer and e-tailer offers discounts. They don’t have to but it drives sales and rewards loyal customers. I think Sideshow believes that because their products are more niche that they don’t have to offer as many discounts.

I've been reading for a couple of pages and going over everyone's thoughtful and detailed opinions on the state of pricing and sales. It really leaves me with one final thought.

Holy crap, the statue forum missed the NERDIST code!? Seriously, WTF.

Well someone from here posted it on time over there.......

And it was a near miracle anyone got it anyway.

If the original poster 'Edub' didn't post here in the first place, I wonder if anyone else would have?

Though it was obviously a Sideshow reward code, it wasn't exactly issued by Sideshow directly but by Nerdist.

And I'm going to assume that most of us who got the Nerdist code were collectors who don't live in the North American time zones.....
Makes for even less people getting it. They're very savvy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back