Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't look like the whole "non-banter" thing has been working too well. Most of the posts in that thread aren't people posting codes.

So what? It's far more manageable than this thread even if some people slip up.

The board won't sent out emails for the thread fast enough anyway. It's useless subscribing to thread updates.

Absolutely not true. I get e-mail notifications instantly in this thread when someone posts something, the same minute they post it. I just have to constantly open the thread every time to "reset" the notification so that I get notified on the next one, which is a huge pain and impossible to keep up with. I missed several codes because I forgot to "reset" the notification by opening the thread. Look at the math...if I forget to reset 1 out of every 10 times, I'll miss most of the codes because there are more than 10 messages between codes. In a dedicated thread where only codes are posted, I'd get 90% of the codes with my same failure rate at resetting.

Everybody posting codes in the non-banter thread and everybody subscribing to it SHOULD work, unless e-mails would somehow slow down as more people signed up for them. Since we don't know if that will happen, it's very much worth trying.

Statue Forum runs threads that do exactly that, but they don't have enough people posting codes to catch all these current ones. During Spook and SDCC I got almost every code by subscribing to their notification thread with my iPhone e-mail account, because some of their members were watching for codes like a hawk then.

Now we have enough people watching that the codes get posted in time, but combining that with the dedicated code thread would be the best of all worlds and work wonders for us. I am positive the success rate on getting codes would skyrocket if everybody posted codes in that thread instead of here and everybody subscribed to that thread. Especially if you do like I did on Statue Forum and set your e-mail to your mobile phone e-mail account and set a sound alert on that e-mail address.

If multiple people post the code at the same time, will that delay the email notification?

I usually get a very fast notification for a single new post but when there's a lot of post activity the emails are definitely delayed and some never arrive at all.

If multiple post post the code at the same time, will that delay the email notification?

I usually get a very fast notification for a single new post but when there's a lot of post activity the emails are definitely delayed and some never arrive at all.

I have no idea, but I'm experiencing a similar problem. I got the alert for this post, but none of the previous 10 or so posts.

Do you guys understand that you don't get any e-mail notifications on a thread from this forum after you receive one UNTIL you visit the thread again? That sounds like what you're describing. That is the big headache for me and the main reason this thread is not working as a notification thread for me. I'd like to visit this thread at my leisure and only have to worry about keeping the dedicated code thread refreshed.

Even if it was possible to make it notify you on every post, which I don't think it is, that would only bolster the argument for a dedicated code thread, so we're not forced to keep up with every post in this thread in real time.

I just have notifications set up through the Tapatalk app. Usually when I get 2-3 notifications within a 30 second timeframe, that's usually a good indicator that a code went live. Other than that, I just check every now & then to see what people are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just have notifications set up through the Tapatalk app. Usually when I get 2-3 notifications within a 30 second timeframe, that's usually a good indicator that a code went live. Other than that, I just check every now & then to see what people are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KFC sounds good right now...

Do you guys understand that you don't get any e-mail notifications on a thread from this forum after you receive one UNTIL you visit the thread again? That sounds like what you're describing. That is the big headache for me and the main reason this thread is not working as a notification thread for me. I'd like to visit this thread at my leisure and only have to worry about keeping the dedicated code thread refreshed.

Even if it was possible to make it notify you on every post, which I don't think it is, that would only bolster the argument for a dedicated code thread, so we're not forced to keep up with every post in this thread in real time.

Nope.

Didn't know that.

Setting up a dedicated thread where only posts about "product" availability notices are allowed is basically the gold standard in "notifications" for things people are trying to buy or get quickly online. Cheapassgamer just set one up for the SNES Classic. If we got everybody doing that here we would up our success rate greatly.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...ck-alert-thread-read-1st-post-before-posting/

Just a reminder to everyone that today SS will be broadcasting live on Facebook starting at 11 AM Pacific. They have given out a code the last four Wednesday live shows (11:43, 11:37, 11:11, and 11:25), though last week's code during the live show was only for $1.50. Let's hope that wasn't the start of a new trend since they know more people expect a code during the live show!

Ooh, don't poo-poo a nickel, Lisa. A nickel will buy you a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel...with enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the polo grounds.

So do rewards points..these promo codes.. stack and add up?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back