Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
youd get more in points than using a $20 code. i wouldnt use a code or coupon, youll lose the reward points.

Depends on the price of the item. Sometimes you save more with the coupon than if you went for the reward points. That's why I'm selective on what I use coupons for and what I save for the reward points.

If you think of it though with a coupon it's almost kind of like they're just giving you points right away only you're using them. I can kind of see why they don't give points when you're using a coupon to be honest.

Yeah, it sucks. I know Alter Ego gives you reward points of the remaining balance after you use a coupon or old reward points, sadly though they only give 2% as opposed to SSC's 5%. Man, if they give points for whatever remains, they would gain a huge edge over many other online toy distributors...

I am not getting any coupons codes. I've signed up for the newsletter like 7 different times and never get any emails.

I got a coupon with Shaak Ti but every time I get a coupon from Sideshow it has all these provisions on it. That I can't use it on certain new statues/figures. No free shipping. Etc. So it's not really worth it.

What happened to the days of the $50, $75, and $100 coupons? Sideshow did that during SDCC I think when I first got into Sideshow statues.

What happened to the days of the $50, $75, and $100 coupons? Sideshow did that during SDCC I think when I first got into Sideshow statues.

I remember that! It was a complete turkey shoot! I managed to snag a Crystal Skull Indy for $22 shipped! People were sharing codes on this forum for $75 and $100. SS must have taken a hit! I've seen nothing even close to this kind of promotion (or those high dollar amounts) since.

I remember that! It was a complete turkey shoot! I managed to snag a Crystal Skull Indy for $22 shipped! People were sharing codes on this forum for $75 and $100. SS must have taken a hit! I've seen nothing even close to this kind of promotion (or those high dollar amounts) since.

Absolutely!

I actually think they would make a FORTUNE if they allowed people to purchase gift certificates for the website. I know most of my family would love to give me GCs for my birthday and the holidays so I can get what I want from there.

Normally stores LOVE to sell GCs. It's money immediately in their pockets without them having to sell a darn thing! And they count on people forgetting they have it, or not using the full amount (of course that would never happen with me!).

Last edited:
Most places love GCs because people tend to forget or even lose them and in that case it's free money. I'm really surprised they don't do GCs.

I do wish they'd do some sort of >$20 coupon maybe once a year. But, thanks to the internet it would spread like wildfire and get used a lot more than they would have liked.

Gift cards also prompt ppl to spend more money on higher end stuff.

For example: i may not be willing to spend $400 on two Hot Toys Predators and only plan to buy one. However, if someone were to give me a $100 gift card, I would probably spend $300 plus the card on the two predators.

That's why places like Best Buy and restaurants sell gift cards at wholesale and offer them as prizes. Gets you in the door and you'll often spend more of your money with the card than you were likely to without it.

I've never understood why they don't offer the traditional gift card either. I'm in the same boat as most of you, my family never knows what to get me for anything and a GC would be awesome. As it is, I generally get like an ebay gift card and just use that on what I want.

I got the SUMMEREND card on my Agent Coulson and it says it won't work on any item that became available for pre-order or in-stock from July 22nd through August 31st. But I just tried it on Baroness, Proto Fett and the 212th Clone which all went up for pre-order earlier than that and it still won't work. It does work on Malgus. Their cart's confusing now too because it at first shows that the coupon was deducted but then on the final confirmation page it suddenly says you can't use the coupon.

If they just did a NORMAL gift card then it would solve so many of their problems.....just baffles me the way they use their GC system.

Didn't know we could only use a code once. Was hopig to use the summerend on 1/6 Mark 42 and Silver Centurion exclusive. How often do they have these codes? If I just wait a few days will a new one pop up for september I can use?

Just got $45 off Tony Stark IM3
If anyone still has the SDCC code they did not use, you can click coupon-SDCC code and click backpage if it gives you error and then as the code type SUMMEREND and it worked for me!

Just got $45 off Tony Stark IM3
If anyone still has the SDCC code they did not use, you can click coupon-SDCC code and click backpage if it gives you error and then as the code type SUMMEREND and it worked for me!

How do you use it? I couldn't find coupon-SDCC code on the page. could you send me the link? Thanks in advance

The SDCC coupon was given if you attended SDCC this year and they registered your email linking you to your account
I think the code is binded and can't reuse the same one after another person

I emailed them asking about my sdcc code because I was there and they scanned my badge and either I didn't get the code or missed the email.

Back