Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: List of Spook codes in 1st post

You mean a thread where only Reward Point codes are posted? (Keep discount codes to another thread since they aren't so time sensitive).

If there's no discussion then every email notification will be meaningful. As long as the forum delivers notifications fast enough - and sometimes I don't think it does, which means that the present system would still be a necessary back up.

The forum's notification system is usually pretty good. It's great for PMs, subbed threads are pretty good too in my experience.

You'd need a mod guarding it 24 hours a day, but if we could get it working, it would be great.

anyone who wants to get a text message or messaging app group going for codes shoot me a pm. it will be for anyone and everyone, not just the elitists who help themselves but really arent concerned about anyone else. there should be no need to resort to emails, let alone a short list that you may or may not have had the privilege of getting on.

Hate to say it, but I am in the same boat with not receiving the emails. Once pixel stopped sending them I never received another one. I checked my spam as well and nada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep your forum handle in mind and if there's anything to be done about this situation, I can make sure it's done for you as well.

It might just be a problem with Yahoo, in which case there isn't a thing we can do about it. But the correlation between Pixel's ban and the Yahoo emails stopping is certainly worth investigating.

No, I mean the App called LINE. ^_^

I just looked it up after posting - I don't understand all this newfangled technology! :lol

The forum's notification system is usually pretty good. It's great for PMs, subbed threads are pretty good too in my experience.

You'd need a mod guarding it 24 hours a day, but if we could get it working, it would be great.

Yes, keeping it devoid of discussion, boobs, butts and other things that go jiggle in the night will be a big problem

I'll keep your forum handle in mind and if there's anything to be done about this situation, I can make sure it's done for you as well.

It might just be a problem with Yahoo, in which case there isn't a thing we can do about it. But the correlation between Pixel's ban and the Yahoo emails stopping is certainly worth investigating.

Thanks I appreciate it.

anyone who wants to get a text message or messaging app group going for codes shoot me a pm. it will be for anyone and everyone, not just the elitists who help themselves but really arent concerned about anyone else. there should be no need to resort to emails, let alone a short list that you may or may not have had the privilege of getting on.

I think this nice of you , but a tad unfair . Granted I wasn't here at the sign up time myself , but I know I was last year and I didn't join , but the offer was open FOR EVERYONE then. You just had to sign up before hand because that's just how it's handled.

Idk how it was handled this year , but how I understand it is far from a unfair request to ask of people who want in on it .

I just looked it up after posting - I don't understand all this newfangled technology! :lol

Yes, keeping it devoid of discussion, boobs, butts and other things that go jiggle in the night will be a big problem

LINE is basically a IM/txt/messaging system for free and can accommodate 1-200 (I think?) people a group , it's been awhile since I used it . But it worked great for groups i used to game with when I played mobile card games .

This is incredibly insulting to the people who are running the email list. It's a large list of people so it's not elitist whatsoever. Instead of trashing members who are helping everyone out, if you were active in here or came on a few days ago, you would have been added no problem.

I think this nice of you , but a tad unfair . Granted I wasn't here at the sign up time myself , but I know I was last year and I didn't join , but the offer was open FOR EVERYONE then. You just had to sign up before hand because that's just how it's handled.

Idk how it was handled this year , but how I understand it is far from a unfair request to ask of people who want in on it .

It was the same this time. Pixel allowed people to put their names forward up until the end of the weekend.

He did all the work setting it up, putting email addresses in, and then making sure it worked smoothly and quickly enough with all that number of addresses.

He had to tinker with it after the first code was delayed by the volume of addresses.

LINE is basically a IM/txt/messaging system for free and can accommodate 1-200 (I think?) people a group , it's been awhile since I used it . But it worked great for groups i used to game with when I played mobile card games .

Thanks. I've never texted in my life though, and only use email or PM.

It was the same this time. Pixel allowed people to put their names forward up until the end of the weekend.

He did all the work setting it up, putting email addresses in, and then making sure it worked smoothly and quickly enough with all that number of addresses.

He had to tinker with it after the first code was delayed by the volume of addresses.

I figured as much. Not very elitist ....

Generally speaking , I'm sure if someone else wanted to do their own thing on the side for the other people who were late or want to double down is fine . Just anyone who missed out on Pixel shouldn't hate on him for not being worked raw from requests all day, and as you say making sure it works for EVERYONE every time a new enlist shows up. :)

If people in here would ve been active and not only on the spooktacular days, then you would realize that the email list is not for people only looking for themselves. You're just trash talking stupidly.

It was open for everybody a week before Spooktacular. If you weren't here then, you're entitled to start your own list, but it is in no way fair to attack people who have done nothing but helping the community.

lol there are quite a lot of people that didnt even look in this thread beforehand and/or have never done or knew about spooktacular or how it works. You have quite a number of members in here who are in some email group so that you all are getting codes, you have people who are bragging that they havnt missed a code, you have other people announcing "oh look at me i have 900 dollars in points" (like anyone gives a ****) you have other members who are getting pissed off because they missed the bigger codes by less than an hour and when they express their anger, then you have the usual elitist snobs telling them things like you snooze you lose basically (even though theyre most likely getting help from other members). Im trying to get a group together for the remaining days of spook for anyone and everyone to be included, on a program that is quick and reliable unlike email. No sense in using carrier pigeons and owls to try and get a message to someone when there are faster methods that accommodate more people.

lol there are quite a lot of people that didnt even look in this thread beforehand and/or have never done or knew about spooktacular or how it works. You have quite a number of members in here who are in some email group so that you all are getting codes, you have people who are bragging that they havnt missed a code, you have other people announcing "oh look at me i have 900 dollars in points" (like anyone gives a ****) you have other members who are getting pissed off because they missed the bigger codes by less than an hour and when they express their anger, then you have the usual elitist snobs telling them things like you snooze you lose basically (even though theyre most likely getting help from other members). Im trying to get a group together for the remaining days of spook for anyone and everyone to be included, on a program that is quick and reliable unlike email. No sense in using carrier pigeons and owls to try and get a message to someone when there are faster methods that accommodate more people.

You need a cup of tea mate ?

You have a nice offer mixed in with a lot of needless hate towards the members of this "community" I feel.

im not hating on pixel, im sure he is a great asset to the community. the problem is he shouldnt be the only asset. i am a member of many forums and groups for different hobbies and collectors and from the comments i see in this thread, its pretty bad around here. all the brag posts, troll posts and elitist comments are proof of that. I help other people out because i enjoy doing it and if someone misses out on something, i dont rub or throw it in their faces.

im not hating on pixel, im sure he is a great asset to the community. the problem is he shouldnt be the only asset. i am a member of many forums and groups for different hobbies and collectors and from the comments i see in this thread, its pretty bad around here. all the brag posts, troll posts and elitist comments are proof of that. I help other people out because i enjoy doing it and if someone misses out on something, i dont rub or throw it in their faces.

I feel I've said all I can say without trolling you, if you feel you were not out of line and don't continue to be ... then happy Spook ^_^

Back