Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the September code

No not NY,don't let the name fool ya I'm from NYC but live in Florida now lol. They just started charging sales tax this year.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the September code

There goes ordering from sideshow for me. No regular monthly codes no sale anymore. And those $25 off codes are a joke because they're crap no one wants

Yeah but BBTS for me and In some states charges sales tax. I've used fanboy collectibles from time to time.

They started charging tax in NYC? Shoot.

BBTS charges sales tax in Wisconsin (where they are located) and in Florida (where I assume they have some kind of warehouse/sorting/office type of place). Those are the only two states.

Like others, without the $20 code I'll be ordering from elsewhere except for exclusives, really good deal sale items, or where I really need a payment plan option. It will cost the same for me from BBTS as SS (if RP are included) but I get the savings up front from BBTS instead of holding on to RP. Too bad, using the code at SS was saving me $20/fig and now that is gone for the most part. Maybe if I could count on a code that works on preorders being consistently sent with new figs I'd stay, but I've only ever received one coupon from them on a figure since I started buying them. Oh well, it was good while it lasted and helped me build the core of my SW collection so I'm grateful for that.

The code I received on a sticker on the box of a figure I ordered late July only works on limited non new/non preorder items like the current codes you can get from the flash add advertising. Most of the items that are eligible is stuff I would not purchase.

GBY3C0D3S

[emoji26]

SS pretty much got greedy.

The codes are nice and appreciated, but they are NOT required to give them out. Not sure why you people are acting like you're entitled to them.

I used codes all the time but it's not a biggie for me not to use them, if i like and want a figure i'm going to buy it. I like SS and shipping from them has been cheaper than anyplace else (for me) and if i have ever had a problem with a statue or figure it would usually only take a few days to get it resolved. I still use BBTS and other places for things that might be sold out at SS.

Sideshow's gotta do what works for them, but that means that I probably won't be getting too much from them in the future. It's unfortunate, but at least I know better than to expect anything from them now.

It's a bummer about Spook, though. I miss it being fun.

I'm sticking will SSC. I love the option to use flexpay. The people working the online chat are great, always willing to help charging payment, changing flexpay dates. SSC is the best place to get the exclusives.

I have a hard time believing that a unique one person code was more successful than a monthly $20 off code that multiple people could use?
So they'd rather have one person possibly place another order by giving them a code than have a general code, that based on this site, always seemed to generate multiple new orders on products?
I know they don't have to offer anything but in just the short time I've been on this site, the amount of orders people say they have placed based on just those codes surely had to generate enough revenue to offset the $20 they were offering?
Obviously exclusives will still have to be purchased through SS but there are too many other worldwide dealers offering SS and HT products at prices that are just as, if not more competitive than SS, even with the rewards SS offers.
Personally I can't say anything negative about my experiences with SS but it was the little things like these monthly codes that set them apart or swayed me to make my purchases through them.
Hopefully in the future they have a change of heart but this is just another feature among a few others that SS has drifted away from that used to make them the unique company they once were.

The codes are nice and appreciated, but they are NOT required to give them out. Not sure why you people are acting like you're entitled to them.

No one is saying they're required to give them out but for most of us $20 is a big difference in choosing which retailer to purchase from. Most people order multiple statues per year through Sideshow so you're looking at a good chunk of money throughout the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a hard time believing that a unique one person code was more successful than a monthly $20 off code that multiple people could use?
So they'd rather have one person possibly place another order by giving them a code than have a general code, that based on this site, always seemed to generate multiple new orders on products?
I know they don't have to offer anything but in just the short time I've been on this site, the amount of orders people say they have placed based on just those codes surely had to generate enough revenue to offset the $20 they were offering?
Obviously exclusives will still have to be purchased through SS but there are too many other worldwide dealers offering SS and HT products at prices that are just as, if not more competitive than SS, even with the rewards SS offers.
Personally I can't say anything negative about my experiences with SS but it was the little things like these monthly codes that set them apart or swayed me to make my purchases through them.
Hopefully in the future they have a change of heart but this is just another feature among a few others that SS has drifted away from that used to make them the unique company they once were.

I really think what killed the codes was last winter when the fake codes started going around as a joke and people started calling SSC all pissed off because the codes would not work. When that happen a few people on here even said they could understand SS doing away with them just because of that. It only takes a few of those of those people to ruin something.

The $20 code sure was nice but not a deal breaker. Sky high prices are the deal breaker and is what's killing the *fun* for me.

The $20 code sure was nice but not a deal breaker. Sky high prices are the deal breaker and is what's killing the *fun* for me.

THIS. The prices on many items are slowly getting too high. I was hyped about the force awakens Han and Chewie. I probably won't get them because for me, they're just too high.

The codes did help a lot but what keeps me at SSC is the flexpay. Very few retailers offer that. Plus, you accumulate enough points and those can be pretty big discounts too. I miss the codes. The ones they give out lately are just for extra stock but...like I said, I'll live and I'll still collect as long as things are affordable.

I really think what killed the codes was last winter when the fake codes started going around as a joke and people started calling SSC all pissed off because the codes would not work. When that happen a few people on here even said they could understand SS doing away with them just because of that. It only takes a few of those of those people to ruin something.

You're confusing monthly coupon codes (printed on a card) with codes for reward points.

What definitely ended the free-for-all $20 monthly codes (without question, whether anyone at Sideshow confirms or denies it) was over-use. They were printed on cards and went out only on some orders - they were most certainly not designed to be sent to all customers, otherwise they'd simply send them out with a newsletter. The very fact that a system to produce and print unique codes had to created is proof-positive this is the case.

Back