Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the August code

Maybe it's me but it doesn't make sense to give a discount code only to customers who just spent $200+ on something. I feel that they are LESS LIKELY to buy something again right away using a code because they just made a significant purchase.

Having codes available to everyone seems like it would actually drive more sales. But I really don't know.:huh

Maybe it's me but it doesn't make sense to give a discount code only to customers who just spent $200+ on something. I feel that they are LESS LIKELY to buy something again right away using a code because they just made a significant purchase.

Having codes available to everyone seems like it would actually drive more sales. But I really don't know.:huh
I agree, even if they emailed a code to folks that have made a purchase within the past 6 months.

But they've never done that - codes have always been given with an order - the difference is now they can't be shared. If they were one-use but not tied to a specific account, I think it would hit the sweet spot as it would allow someone who's not ready for another order to share the code with a friend who's on the edge.

I just got emailed a $30 off code for the first Hot Toys Scarlet Witch AoU Figure (SKU 902440). The code is SCW306GTKGDEX. The code expires on 8/15/16.

I just got emailed a $30 off code for the first Hot Toys Scarlet Witch AoU Figure (SKU 902440). The code is SCW306GTKGDEX. The code expires on 8/15/16.

It also comes up that the code is for a specific user if you try to enter it. ��

I got that same code. Wish it was an all figure code I dont need a SW.

But they've never done that - codes have always been given with an order - the difference is now they can't be shared. If they were one-use but not tied to a specific account, I think it would hit the sweet spot as it would allow someone who's not ready for another order to share the code with a friend who's on the edge.
The codes were always hit and miss though as far as getting them with orders. Of all the times I've ordered from Sideshow I think I only got postcards twice for the monthly code. Personally the codes were incentives for me and I'm sure others to order on a more regular basis so taking them away unless you get one specifically with an order seems like it might drive business away from them.

so they do not do general codes anymore just account related ???

The codes were always hit and miss though as far as getting them with orders.

And before this thread they weren't shared to any significant degree. Most people on Facebook over the past 1.5 years didn't even seem to know that Sideshow had monthly codes. I'm only speculating, but there was probably more code use than they ever anticipated and it might not have been how they wanted to run those discounts from the start. So what's here now might put things right for them and if anything, we're to blame for the results. :)

I suppose that could be true. Still though I have to wonder how many extra sales they've gotten from people on the fence about buying something because the codes were available. Sure they lose out on that $20 but the profits from getting the sale would still seem pretty high given that the percentage the codes give isn't really all that much off when the items they sell cost as much as they do. It seems like overall that $20 off was enough to get a lot of us to order pretty regularly so I would think they're hurting their bottom line overall by taking the codes away. Getting them with orders is fine but not everyone has a constant influx of packages to get a code so there's likely to be less overall sales I would think.

I don't think it's going to hurt their bottom line - and the fact they've changed things implies some consideration on their part as well.

They've had a plan all along and we just don't know what it is. :)

Hey, speaking of plans....

When is this thread getting moved back to the regular forum? Everyone here deserves to have their post counts bumped up.

ok so guess no answer to my question of there are no regular codes every month no more ?

ok so guess no answer to my question of there are no regular codes every month no more ?

no one knows for sure. we're all guessing at this point. not to be rude but it's been talked about for the last couple of pages. if you didn't find an answer there then that means there isn't one yet

Thanks.. I looked pages back but couldn't find anything why I was asking.. thanks though

I emailed Sideshow a few days ago and they just told me that they're bringing the codes back in September.

The $20 codes pretty much paid for shipping on a regular item. My SW figure that just mailed out was close to $17 in shipping so the $20 took care of that.

Thanks.. I looked pages back but couldn't find anything why I was asking.. thanks though
That's the point he was making. If you couldn't find anything, then there isn't anything... Simple right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back