Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

What's this worth?

$_35.JPG

TWO Tontos!

You can always offer to do something charitable as well for selling your soul. Go volunteer someplace while wearing a Sideshow shirt.

To be fair, some of us are not employable, so saving $200 is a lot. This whole money-shaming thing going on in here is pretty disgusting this year.
It's not money shaming....it's just shaming yourself for a man doll....lol

Yea, I'm a bit of a curmudgeon but that stuff isn't for me. Answering some trivia, etc I'm all in for but apparently I'm joyless for the other stuff haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be mean or anything, but if you are really that tight on money you probably shouldn't be purchasing sixth scale figures. I mean priorities. These contests are fun and all but let's remember at the end of the day these things really don't matter all that much in the grand scheme. Collect for fun and as hobby but don't do it unless you can afford to.

Honestly, there wouldn't be very many collectors then. :p

I would guess at least 75% of people that buy statues and 1/6 scale figures are middle class and lower and depend heavily on credit cards and SS payment plans to make their hobby a reality. If people thought clearly and realistically about what they should do with the $200+ in their hand, it wouldn't be to buy a statue or action figure.

It's not money shaming....it's just shaming yourself for a man doll....lol

When you state it as "People who do things for $200 are bad"... you're pretty much shaming someone over their income level. It's up there with going "lulz yer poor" or "haha you have to use a wheelchair!"

To be fair, some of us are not employable, so saving $200 is a lot. This whole money-shaming thing going on in here is pretty disgusting this year.

I'm not shaming anyone over their financial situation, I'm just saying that the amount of people making up stories of things that did not happen to try and elicit free toys is whats embarrassing.

When you state it as "People who do things for $200 are bad"... you're pretty much shaming someone over their income level. It's up there with going "lulz yer poor" or "haha you have to use a wheelchair!"

Thats just projecting, nobody has said anything like that.

funny that selling of souls for prizes isn't frowned upon as the ultimate form of begging. give me this and I'll do that. All in the name of fun, of course. heh. They evolve with time, it won't ever be perfect because you can't make everyone happy all the time. You can't talk ***** about the beggars and all the entitled folks over on the other SM platforms then come here and post about no codes *shocked emoji* and say you don't have the same feelings of entitlement as the ones that disgust you (me too, but I get it, people trample you for a tshirt at a con, this is probably nothing to most). I'll admit i am a stickler for fairness no matter the scenario, and I am sure I can snivel with the best of them if things don't go my way, no matter how logical I think I am. Be fair, be kind and come oooooooooooooooooooon reward point code!!! :) btw I appreciate the RP codes posted here - my SS NL email doesn't hit my inbox nearly as early as others get them. :hi5:

Honestly, there wouldn't be very many collectors then. :p

I would guess at least 75% of people that buy statues and 1/6 scale figures are middle class and lower and depend heavily on credit cards and SS payment plans to make their hobby a reality. If people thought clearly and realistically about what they should do with the $200+ in their hand, it wouldn't be to buy a statue or action figure.

It's all about budgeting the expendable income that's small for me. Odds are I'll die young anyways, so I'm going to enjoy what I can while I can. I really shouldn't have made it this long.

The problem with your argument is I never brought up what anyone's income was, you did. Your insinuation is that someone who is willing to embarrass themselves for $200 is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But see, this is why they give stuff away. That was my first PF. After that I HAD TO buy Cap and Deadpool. ;)
That and I know Susan and chicky enjoy mingling.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I think the reality of truly selling yourself or shaming yourself for any amount of money or item has to be questioned....Wheel Chair analogy is way out there....your making it a bigger issue than I think originally poster intended.

Back