Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

I don't have any proof or I'd have done more with it. I don't know the identities of anyone who may have pranked and I don't know for a fact if said pranks were responsible for every call. I was told about this earlier this year by someone on FB and it fits the events much better than the idea that innocent folks were finding codes via Google searches in real-time.

Last year in a last ditch effort to minimize impact and cool the situation down, I suggested the thread be moved to a private part of the forum (inaccessible by non-members and search engines), which is why it's now in the sandbox.

Let's hope this has not soured SSC on giving out codes for points this year. If these people wreaked havoc for their customer support center I wouldn't be surprised if they ended that part of Spook completely.

I don't think it was members who called Sideshow, pretty sure it was just the lurkers. I think most member have enough sense to realize when someone was joking around, even if some did complain about the amount of fake codes being posted.

And the last few pages have read like some middle school level drama.:slap

I'd be fine with all of the interested parties moving to a completely private group here on the forum to eliminate the possibility of all lurkers - that's one step beyond what we have now here with a members-only sub-forum. That would also eliminate the potential for flames and personal attacks.

I can't believe this whole thing has carried over from last year. This was what my summer was like as a Patriots fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I can see both sides of the argument. The fake codes didn't really bother me and almost all of them were clearly fakes, but I also didn't find them entertaining as the posters of these codes claim they were intended. That said, if you want free codes and you are relying on the work of others to get them then I figure you really don't have any right to complain if you have to read through a few pages of fake codes. The argument that the real codes were expired because it took too long to find them after reading through all the fake codes is false. I know because I was here last year and I was able to snag all but 2 of the codes and I got them all from this thread, fake codes and all.

I'm just catching up with some more of the silliness in this thread. Given that it just stirs people up one way or the other, end the discussion on the fake codes, who de-friended whom, etc. If this thread continues to be a magnet for conflict, then infractions may be given and/or it may be closed.

People who weren't a regular last year in this thread have little idea of context or fact about what happened. This whole thing has been blown away out of proportion by some. As some stated, it wasn't a constant barrage of fake codes. It actually started with some very respected users (couple of mods included) who were discussing what the next code would be. Some started deductive reasoning and tried things like "5P00KY14" or "TR3ATS" just to see if they worked. Someone actually guessed one and then some of us (myself happily included) then tried some more as an attempt to help everyone out for secret codes. Over time, some of us who were friends had fun and tried guessing more codes. Some posted funny codes in which some found offensive. Then some members were annoyed and called SS to ask about the obvious fake codes (@SSJU1CE).

My thing is this, this isn't about fake codes. This is about people who became anxious and can't handle anxiety well. As a result of their anxiety, they became angry and lashed out. Truth is, all of us should be lucky to be able to participate. Entitlement is silly. Especially when certain members offer email and text lists for the ones who lurk or only care about getting money.

Bottom line: I'm not posting codes in here for the lurkers this year. I'm sure others will do it anyways. If it were up to me, I'd have this thread serve as a perk for longstanding and or active members only during this time of year.
noo

I'd be fine with all of the interested parties moving to a completely private group here on the forum to eliminate the possibility of all lurkers - that's one step beyond what we have now here with a members-only sub-forum. That would also eliminate the potential for flames and personal attacks.

I've been wanting this since last year! 100% agree. Let's make it happen. Do we want to have it where paid members have access only or something similar where longstanding members can be included? I have no idea how to do that

I'm just catching up with some more of the silliness in this thread. Given that it just stirs people up one way or the other, end the discussion on the fake codes, who de-friended whom, etc. If this thread continues to be a magnet for conflict, then infractions may be given and/or it may be closed.

I 100% believe that this thread needs to be closed for good. It will continue

I believe that we all should be focusing on how are we going to snag everything possible in Spooktacular rather than bringing old arguments back from the dead (heh... it' s Halloween... ironic)... Let the Spook week come to us!

Any suggestions on which alarms and notifications should I program on my mobile?

You make some good points Southpaw, but now let's try to leave the past in the past and move on so as not to drag this thread down further. Folks should remember that: A) it's just some measly codes for $5 or $10 off stuff (and in the high end game, that's just a drop in the bucket); and B) it's just toys. No biggie, nothing worth losing sleep over. Let's try to at least behave in a civil manner.

And to your other post, there is a section of the board available only for premium members. If folks think that posting there would be preferable to posting in the more general "public" section for the purpose of minimizing conflict, then that's an option. But this thread will remain open until for the moment.

I believe that we all should be focusing on how are we going to snag everything possible in Spooktacular rather than bringing old arguments back from the dead (heh... it' s Halloween... ironic)... Let the Spook week come to us!

Any suggestions on which alarms and notifications should I program on my mobile?

I agree but this thread needs to be restarted and closed. If anything, requiring a membership to view will boost money for this great website. I wished it didn't have to be that way but some people just can't be trusted with nice things

I lose plenty of sleep during Spook :lol

Those $5 codes soon added up to $100+, over two years.

The issue is that there are hundreds of members who contribute daily to this and other threads who are not paying members. This sub-forum was the best compromise to hold this thread available at the time.

I lose plenty of sleep during Spook :lol

Those $5 codes soon added up to $100+, over two years.

This here! The last couple years have been pretty good to me so far. I think I averaged around $40ish a year. And I always end up buying several figures. Bring on the codes!

Back