Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SPOOK is coming!

I'm still on Facebook, but I don't really use it much for what it's intended for anymore. I've mostly hidden my friends' posts and just see news and content updates from my favorite sites. It's a personalized newsfeed, more or less. And it's easier to invite people en masse to something, I suppose.

I don't care for Twitter's intentionally limited format, and I DESPISE hashtags. I can't tell you how many people I've blocked on Facebook because they'll post something like a pic of them and their dog and caption it: "Me and Pugsy #pugsy #dogs #doglife #woof #lifeofadog #doglover #killmenowplease."

I do have a twitter account though that is only subscribed to Sideshow, for the express purpose of the contests.

People usually post hashtags on Facebook with pictures because it was shared from their Instagram upload. Pretty much the only way anyone besides their followers will see the picture they posted on Instagram is by having hashtags for the search engine. When you share from Instagram with to Facebook, it just takes the picture and all added words and uploads it to Facebook as is.

There's not much point in displaying hashtags front and center unless it's for the site to promote clicking them for additional browsing/searching. They're keywords and that's all - they could (should) be easily collapse/hidden until you decide to see them, always available for searching.

Without keywords, anything you post has little to no chance to be discovered by anyone else, as those keywords are almost exclusively what will be indexed and searched by the various sites. No keywords on an instagram post and no one but your existing followers will ever see your photo. Same with twitter - no hashtags and only your followers will ever see anything you post - you can attract new followers if new people aren't seeing your content.

There's not much point in displaying hashtags front and center unless it's for the site to promote clicking them for additional browsing/searching. They're keywords and that's all - they could (should) be easily collapse/hidden until you decide to see them, always available for searching.

Without keywords, anything you post has little to no chance to be discovered by anyone else, as those keywords are almost exclusively what will be indexed and searched by the various sites. No keywords on an instagram post and no one but your existing followers will ever see your photo. Same with twitter - no hashtags and only your followers will ever see anything you post - you can attract new followers if new people aren't seeing your content.

Never used Instagram, so I guess that's why I don't get it. I understand keywords, been using them in SEO for years; but you hit the nail on the head, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to hide them.

I don't have instagram, Facebook, or anything other than Twitter. The thing I hate about Twitter is not the format, but the idiots that have no insight and are dumb. They make it awful sometimes. I like Twitter though. As I said, there a lot of news stories on there that break before any other medium. Plus, many companies I follow post good info on there and I don't have to navigate different pages (e.g Facebook). The hash tag thing bothered me at first as I saw it as an idiotic social language experiment. But I opened myself to consider it and it really has been beneficial to me in navigating. I just published an article in the journal of creativity in Psychology in which I focus on using Capitan America as a therapeutic tool. I use the hash tags to spread my article around so hopefully more psychologists will benefit from the information.

Never used Instagram, so I guess that's why I don't get it.

Might as well be exactly like Twitter except you always post a photo and text comes AFTER the photo and has no 140 character limit.

Technically speaking, from a posting perspective, Twitter is a dumbed-down Instagram. Instagram allows commenting on posts where Twitter uses "replies" that are just themselves posts prefaced with the user's name.

Both of them are services that should be integrated into something else, they really don't maximize their value stand-alone - but that's precisely how they're stuck right now.

Forget waiting for a code to arrive in the mail, guessing them is quicker and easier. SP00KY15 [use zeroes]

Now to figure out what to use it on: Sandtrooper, second Han for parts, Jawas?

Forget waiting for a code to arrive in the mail, guessing them is quicker and easier. SP00KY15 [use zeroes]

Thanks! Just used this for the Spacetrooper. Now I just need to find some place to order a second one...

:hi5:

Edit: You must spread some rep around before you can give rep to TonTon again.

Thanks! Just used this for the Spacetrooper. Now I just need to find some place to order a second one...

Repped him for you. :wink1:

Need to get a buddy to help you out. Or just steal someone's identity to open a second account at Sideshow. :)

Repped him for you. :wink1:

Thanks, Alex!

Need to get a buddy to help you out. Or just steal someone's identity to open a second account at Sideshow. :)

Thanks, Alex!
Anytime my friend, thanks for the heads up on the code!

I'm debating on the Jawas. I really think they're overpriced, and even with the $20 off, that still makes them $100 apiece before shipping. There's just not much there!

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

Thread title and OP updated. Thanks for the new code!

I'm debating on the Jawas.

IMO, the Jawas are currently Sideshow's best value of as-yet unreleased items (all lines, not just SW). Maybe even including items already released this year, not including Hoth Han and Luke.

Back