Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings COMIC15 July $20 code

First post after the craziness of SDCC....they did have the little credit card sized cards at their booth with discounts on them. I didn't get any though.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings COMIC15 July $20 code

Oh ok! That's awesome!

I got a 25.00 gift card at the con. Not sure if it will get used since I probably don't need or want anything eligible.

A gift card has eligible items? A gift card should be as good as cash.

If thats the case I will use it but I recall (perhaps incorrectly) that their cards could only be used on eligible items.

A gift card has eligible items? A gift card should be as good as cash.

Their current gift cards are just a promotion from the company, nobody actually "bought" them so they are not like traditional gift cards. Like Ween said they say they are working on "real" gift cards that people can buy for you but they don't have them yet.

First post after the craziness of SDCC....they did have the little credit card sized cards at their booth with discounts on them. I didn't get any though.
I was really hoping for that at SW Celebration. Highly bummed they didn't have em... I'm not sure these are still called "gift cards." Alex had mentioned they would become "promo cards" or something like that. Gift Cards will be the ones that are like real money. If anyone has one of these cards in your possession, what does it say on the card?

Question Ive been meaning to ask for awhile, how is it HT is able to pump out so many figures/characters with such incredible likeness/articulation/detail without an ES, so much quicker than statue companies with a set ES (which Im sure is much smaller than HT production run). I was amazed how quick they opened with AoU for example.

Question Ive been meaning to ask for awhile, how is it HT is able to pump out so many figures/characters with such incredible likeness/articulation/detail without an ES, so much quicker than statue companies with a set ES (which Im sure is much smaller than HT production run). I was amazed how quick they opened with AoU for example.

Some of their figures take a year, year and a half to receive. I have a few pre-orders right now that I ordered way over a year ago.

Question Ive been meaning to ask for awhile, how is it HT is able to pump out so many figures

There are literally multiple tons of re-used parts on action figures. You can weigh all those thousands of bodies to verify this. ;) A team of people can also whip through a head sculpt and cut-and-sew much quicker than a single artist on a statue. Smaller editions mean less room for profit which means less investment/resources and/or much higher prices (it's a balance). And of course there are 1001 factors specific to any company that differ from any other, including but not limited to what else they produce and their scheduling.

Don't waste your time trying to compare two different black boxes. (a black box is something that you can't see inside of and have no idea how it works) - we'll never know the insides of the development, production and decision process at any of these companies.

Last edited:

20% off Hot Toys Bruce Banner use code : BRUCE20

I'd love to be able to combine rewards with codes.

That'll be the day. Whenever they get their actual Sideshow Gift Cards running up that is all I'm asking for in terms of gifts.

Back