CultKing - Vincent Vega

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be moved to the Interest forum, that's where all the other Cult King threads go.

A mod should be along to move it soon.

OP should know for future reference, custom figures don't get threads in General Discussion.

It should be moved to the Interest forum, that's where all the other Cult King threads go.

A mod should be along to move it soon.

OP should know for future reference, custom figures don't get threads in General Discussion.

huh? there are custom figures in this forum all the time?
these are all unlicensed bootlegs... just a quick sampling of what's on the 1st couple pages in this section...

Xensation AF19 Lady Sorceress
VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa
Upcoming John Wick Sculpts
Kaustic Plastik SCOTTISH LORD & CELTIC WARRIORS
He is the Law! 1/6 Xensation
WOLFKING 1/6 Female Joker Action Figure

huh? there are custom figures in this forum all the time?
these are all unlicensed bootlegs... just a quick sampling of what's on the 1st couple pages in this section...

Xensation AF19 Lady Sorceress
VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa
Upcoming John Wick Sculpts
Kaustic Plastik SCOTTISH LORD & CELTIC WARRIORS
He is the Law! 1/6 Xensation
WOLFKING 1/6 Female Joker Action Figure

The John Wick thread is the only one that deals with custom figures, the rest are bootlegs. The terms are not interchangeable. Or at least they shouldn't be. A bootleg is just any unauthorized item, it can be high quality or not. A knock-off is something that is unauthorized but it also has the condition that it is a copy of an existing product.

I think the rule of thumb that the forum uses is that a custom figure is anything under 300 pieces, but I think there's a pretty clear line between a custom figure and a bootleg.

We can further draw a line between custom and kitbash. And typically kit bash goes in Custom Creations, and custom goes in Interest. And in John Wick you are bashing parts together to make a figure, so Custom Creations it is.

I've suggested that numerous "build your custom figures" threads that are active in General Discussion be moved to the Customs Creations forum, where the rest of the custom figures go, but I get that sense that due to seniority, or tradition, they remain in General.

The Planet of the Apes thread, the James Bond thread. . . I think there's a Mad Max thread in the Statues section that should be in Customs but because they've been here for so long people know they're in General. Either way, if it's a figure you can buy from a retailer, it goes in General, if it's a figure you make, it goes in Customs, if it's part of a run of custom figures, it goes in Interest. That's the way I've always seen it.

Of course, some one is going to jump in here and say you can buy Cult King/iminime/Masterworks from Man of Action Figures, but it's still a custom figure, so it goes in Interest, and because as Raymond said, the manufacturers of those figures tend to want to fly under the radar, so they go in Interest.

Sculpt is amazing. The jacket's collar should be pleather though if they were going for the Jack Rabbit Slim's look. And his earring is missing.
pf12jpg.jpg

The earring is there. I thought it wasn't at first too, but it's there. I saved the images and zoomed in to check. But you're 100% right about the collar. There's actually a great site that has an article completely dedicated to Vincent Vega's wardrobe, including who made what and even the materials used! There's a link below. The collar is a dark chocolate brown leather and his pants are actually a really old style of Levi's. So, technically his pants aren't screen accurate either... Still, probably the best Vega I've seen.

https://bamfstyle.com/2016/10/28/pulp-fiction-vincent-casual/

This looks way better than what's been seen of the Star Ace figure. Granted we haven't seen a great picture of that yet but what was seen didn't look very good at all.

The earring is there. I thought it wasn't at first too, but it's there. I saved the images and zoomed in to check. But you're 100% right about the collar. There's actually a great site that has an article completely dedicated to Vincent Vega's wardrobe, including who made what and even the materials used! There's a link below. The collar is a dark chocolate brown leather and his pants are actually a really old style of Levi's. So, technically his pants aren't screen accurate either... Still, probably the best Vega I've seen.

https://bamfstyle.com/2016/10/28/pulp-fiction-vincent-casual/

Cool site. I wish Cult King had followed it to a T. Would have been much easier to justify the price.

I would not have known those were Levi's.

Just received mine, it is amazing. I had to improvise on the positioning of his legs, because they do not show that in the movie when he is doing this move, however someone recently passed on a behind the scenes video that shows it, so I will definitely be adjusting this pose at some point.
f2e583fc262c79f40cf04fbb0884c228.jpg
32130f574a7355a03b477a1e7b5045b7.jpg
5de4d1b7a41543b1d53e4583da759ad5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received mine, it is amazing. I had to improvise on the positioning of his legs, because they do not show that in the movie when he is doing this move, however someone recently passed on a behind the scenes video that shows it, so I will definitely be adjusting this pose at some point.
f2e583fc262c79f40cf04fbb0884c228.jpg
32130f574a7355a03b477a1e7b5045b7.jpg
5de4d1b7a41543b1d53e4583da759ad5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the photos. Looks amazing and I'm very tempted I must say.

Where can this be ordered?

unfortunately it's been all sold out for quite some time.

And I've said it once if I've said it a million times having this thread so visible on a main section of the forum is highly against the forum rules and bad for cult king as well. Its not even a simple issue of it not being in the right section. Frankly I'm surprised the forum mods have not shut this down.

unfortunately it's been all sold out for quite some time.

And I've said it once if I've said it a million times having this thread so visible on a main section of the forum is highly against the forum rules and bad for cult king as well. Its not even a simple issue of it not being in the right section. Frankly I'm surprised the forum mods have not shut this down.

It's funny this is still here after all that crap in the last few months.

Back