Creature from the Black Lagoon Diorama!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today, and it is glorious. The diorama line is probably my favorite thing SSC has done for the Unis. I like the double characters, I like the size and affordability. I am happy.:D:D:D

My waitlist is converting! I'm going to let it go through even though I should be more responsible and not spend the money right now. Still, if the SSE ever shows, I will try for that one as well.

:D

Thanks guys. I cannot wait, and really like the color version on this one! Will have to put some things up for sale really soon to make payment. Just really overextended, but cannot resist this CFTBL!

:D

This color version looks great. I picked up the color Franky vs Wolf dio the other day to replace my SSE versions that I just sold. Now need to pick up the color Dracula dio to complete me.

Received my color CFTBL diorama this morning and am really amazed with this piece. I had no idea I would like the piece this much, but I'm the most impressed that I have been in a long time with the arrival of a Sideshow piece.

Some observations:
1. Much more environment on this one in contrast to the first two releases. The cave setting stalagmites (or maybe stalagtites, I forget) give the diorama more sense of dimension. Really fantastic setting.
2. The colors on this Creature are amazing, and if the time comes to replace this one with an SSE, I might have to keep both. The colors just look that good.
3. Only a very few minor gripes with the paint apps on mine. None of which would cause me to contact Sideshow, and none detract from the displayability (I made that word up!) of the diorama.
4. Loving the pose! SS chose an iconic and truly dramatic moment from the film which evokes a perfect memory of the experience. At least in my opinion.
5. The detail is simply extraordinary. For this scale, I was not expecting as much detail as has been packed into the Creature's "suit." The preview images on SS's site do not do the final diorama justice. If you are on the fence about picking this one up, do it!
6. One other thing: Waitlists work! Once images started being posted when the dio shipped recently, I jumped on the waitlist, and less than a month later, here is one happy SS collector!

My enthusiasm level for collecting Sideshow has spiked today. I surely hope we have a new Universal diorama announcement soon.

:D:blissy:blissy:D

...The cave setting stalagmites (or maybe stalagtites, I forget)...

Here is how I remember which is which...

stalagtite - tight to the ceiling
stalagmite - like a mite crawling on the ground

...and no other Universal products (other than SSE) this year according to the latest 'Ask Sideshow'... :monkey2

Thanks for the reminder. No thanks for the bad news on no new product announcements. That sucks. Going to check out the "Ask Sideshow" now because you peaked my interest in what they might have said about an SSE...

Thanks for the reminder. No thanks for the bad news on no new product announcements. That sucks. Going to check out the "Ask Sideshow" now because you peaked my interest in what they might have said about an SSE...

Yeah, I'm really surprised they don't have more dioramas for this year. They seem to be selling well, so I would have thought they were a "no-brainer". Let's hope 2010 has some major announcements in store!

...and no other Universal products (other than SSE) this year according to the latest 'Ask Sideshow'... :monkey2

But its not even May!!

I would have expected at least a new life size bust of wolfman, bride or invisible man

something... :monkey4

But its not even May!!

I would have expected at least a new life size bust of wolfman, bride or invisible man

something... :monkey4

Ask Sideshow said:
I hope you will do more figures and dioramas of the classic Universal Monsters! Can we expect any more this year (besides the Silver Screen Editions of what has already been released)?

We do not believe that there are any more Universal Monster products (other than SSE) on tap for 2009, but we expect more in 2010.

The tricky part is the "we do not believe"... that sort of leaves them an opening to release something this year!

Back one last time into the collection room to admire the Creature and I have to say this is my favorite diorama in the line thus far. And that is saying a lot because the Creature is not very high on my favorite Uni monsters list! Probably lands at about fifth in reality, but this dio is number one!

I ordered, canceled, got on the wait list, wait list converted and just canceled again. This picture did it for me. Although I love the Creature and the diorama, it's just too little. I love PF's!

3391577954_8c98142b59_b.jpg

Here is how I remember which is which...

stalagtite - tight to the ceiling
stalagmite - like a mite crawling on the ground

But.....but.......but I want a Wolfman 1:1.:monkey2

I was also hoping for a Son of Frankenstien PF or Masque of the Red Death PF. Spooktacular just wont be the same without a new Uni Monster release.

thats a really nice pic.

Yes I agree. And it's the reason I originally cancelled this dio because it's so small compared to the awesomeness of the PF. But since my wait list converted and it's only $150, I will give it a chance. But if I know myself like I think I do, I'll probably end up selling both dios. :lol

Back