Creature all but confirmed...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lcummins said:
I'm hoping the exclusive will be the fossilized Creature hand on a little pedestal with display case!!! I can dream can't I!!!! :D
Yeah you can dream, but don't dream of exclusives. Dream that it is part of the regular.

They are certainly allowing the anticipation of The Creature to build up. It will undoubtedly be the fastest selling Uni PF.

As far as a companion piece for The Bride, I think that that rep has given too much away. In fact, I thought The Bride was the companion piece to the Frankenstein that has already been produced. I don't really need the exact same one from the film to add to this line. Great for those that are finding him hard to come across though.

creecher said:
As far as a companion piece for The Bride, I think that that rep has given too much away. In fact, I thought The Bride was the companion piece to the Frankenstein that has already been produced. I don't really need the exact same one from the film to add to this line. Great for those that are finding him hard to come across though.
Creech! A screen-accurate Monster from Bride of Frankenstein would be very different from the original Frankenstein PF, as the makeup was altered to reflect a battle-damaged Monster from the aftermath of the mill fire.

Compare the original makeup from Frankenstein,

with the makeup from Bride:

The Monster's hair is completely singed-off around the forehead and temples, revealing more clamps and incision scars. If you look closely at the right profile, you can also see a row of clamps and an incision were the top of the head was reattached. His right ear is blistered and a large v-shaped burn-mark scars his right cheek.

His left hands and forearm is also blistered and burned:

Additionally, Karloff was not as gaunt in Bride, left, as he was in
Frankenstein, right.

Further, the Monster's suit is a mess! It's covered in mud and ash; the jacket's left lapel is nearly torn off; the sleeves are ripped, revealing the jacket lining; and chunks of the cuff of the left sleeve are missing.

As far as it being a "companion" to the PF Bride, I'm wondering how literally to take that comment, how much the two pieces will "interact," if you will. Personally, I was let-down by the Bride — the likeness just isn't there for me and the hair color is wrong — so I hope the Monster can stand alone — and NOT be all googly-eyed and smiling!

Karloff was not as gaunt in Bride for 1 basic reason. When he made the original film he was basically a starving contract player. By the time he did Bride, he'd been a star(and enjoying regular meals) for several years.As to a Creature PF...not really into the 1/4 scale figures, but ol' Gill will get me to take a hard look...PS

Thanks Frankenfan. I was happy to have just one Frankenstein, The Frankenstein, now look wat you dun. I still dunno, have to wait for the Bride to arrive on our shores. I don't want five or so Frankensteins like you might. I wish I had an abnormal brain sometimes. Oh wait..........uh oh.

Very nice comparison explanation Frankenfan :)

I really wish you guys get those so much wanted PFs.

Still hopping Sideshow is going to continue the 12 inch line one day, then I can yell "It's alive!"

This Bride/Karloff had better be one killer piece. These things are expensive enough to collect without buying repeats of the "same" monster. Even with the elaborate make up differences...it's still a Karloff Frankie. Too bad we will never see a Colin Clive Dr. Frankenstein in any scale, though. I like the Bride. I think the likeness is really good. What's wrong with the hair that you dislike Frankenfan?:confused:

I for one am happy to hear they are giving another PF Frankenstein monster a go.
I ended up selling the first one as it just never sat right with me. Some had said it looked like a big doll and I have to agree. The shoulders were too wide, giving him a football player look. Also his ears were a little too big and stuck out, and my biggest peeve of all were the boots, much too small and out of proportion with the rest of him. Any reference photo would show Karloff had some pretty big clunkers down there. They got it right with the 8" figures, maintaining that box like frame he has, while the 12" version seemed a little malnourished. Now, with more PF production behind them, I'm sure they can do it justice.

I still think PF high point remains the color version of The Wolfman.
I have yet to see the PF bride - I need to see something other than Sideshow's promo photos as its alot to plunk down in blind faith so if any one out there have photos of theirs without fancy lighting, etc. please share.

I'm all for another Monster too. Along with everything that has been said, he's way out of scale with the other monster PFs. Now that they're doing the all-ABS bodies, I think they can do justice to the most iconic monster of all.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm all for another Monster too. Along with everything that has been said, he's way out of scale with the other monster PFs. Now that they're doing the all-ABS bodies, I think they can do justice to the most iconic monster of all.
:rock:rock:rock

Back