Creature 1:1 bust!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the second highest bidder and you beat me by 5 .00.
I was so upset but as fate would have it I bought one on B/F and paid 240.00.
Very Very happy!

Well Sideshow still hasn't answered my emails about the BF deal so it looks like I'm officially SOL again. Oh well, it's my fault for not placing it first thing in the morning but I knew if I didn't run it by the boss (aka wife) then I'd be neck deep in poo if it just "showed up"... :D

Well Sideshow still hasn't answered my emails about the BF deal so it looks like I'm officially SOL again. Oh well, it's my fault for not placing it first thing in the morning but I knew if I didn't run it by the boss (aka wife) then I'd be neck deep in poo if it just "showed up"... :D

You gotta keep the boss happy---maybe she can give you a advance go ahead if a great deal like this comes up again :monkey5

did you buy it direct from sideshow website?

Yes, I bought it Friday morning and my price was 240.00 plus shipping!
The ironic thing is that I live within 10 minutes of Sideshow and they will not let me pick up any pieces I have purchased.
The good news is that the bust will be here thursday and the shipping of the Creature bust was 10.00.
So all in all it cost me 250.00 which isn't too bad...

It would cost me less than a buck to drive there but they have their guidlines and I understand this.

HOWEVER.....If this Creature bust had cost me more than 240.00 I would have been in real trouble.

"My girlfriend was watching every move I made friday morning and she said Hey steve, that's a great deal, go for it"

I figure it like this...If women can have 27 pairs of shoes in their closet, we men can have or collectibles,which unlike shoes can only go up in value...

Last edited:
...I figure it like this...If women can have 27 pairs of shoes in their closet, we men can have or collectibles,which unlike shoes can only go up in value...

And collectibles smell much better. :lecture

Although I'm sure some of the ladies will argue that fine Italian leather smells better. :lol

Creature Bust is Ok. If I had to pay full retail, I probably wouldn't have been happy but at 50% off it's ok. Not really a big fan of the eyes.

creature.jpg

More pictures and more opinions coming soon... :lol

Creature Bust is Ok. If I had to pay full retail, I probably wouldn't have been happy but at 50% off it's ok. Not really a big fan of the eyes.

creature.jpg

More pictures and more opinions coming soon... :lol

:horror Beautiful display!!! I agree that the eyes are off but I still want that bust...

Honestly, this bust doesn't look like a high end collectible up close. It's more like some of the cheaper 1:1 busts you see in collectible shops. The casting is pretty crappy. There are a lot of ruff spots around the gills. Other than the veins on top of the head which is a nice touch, the paint isn't all that great. Not only is the color of the eyes weird but why the frak are the pupils hollow? I mean WTF? The pupils on mine aren't even black. They're green like the rest of the bust. They didn't even paint in there. And finally the lips are kind of pinkish. The flash from the camera really enhances it but I guess that's to be expected since that's how it looks in the product pics on the site. Right now I have it on top of a shelf where it's pretty dark so it's not that bad, but the more I think about it, I don't even think it's worth the 50% off I bought it for. This bust is a real disappointment compared to the awesome PF. If I were the original sculptor, I'd be disappointed at what they did to my work. :monkey2

why the frak are the pupils hollow?

my guess is that it's supposed to be based on the actual mask, which had holes in the eyes. in this sense it's different from the others in the line which are based on actual people, whereas this one is more like a homage to the rubber mask. This is what I like about it actually. I wish they had stuck closer to the actual colors, although I do like the liberties they took w/the color of the eyes. I'm the only one though apparently.

I like the color of the lips. Very good choice imo. And it's a blend of colors that exists in the fish world. The paint on mine is excellent and i haven't found any defects in the molding process.

I don't mind the color or the sculpt of the eyes at all.

The only complaint i have is the missing nameplate.

Those are both good points, I don't hate it anymore. I probably should have read the description on the website before I ordered it. :rolleyes: :duh :lol

Sideshow Collectibles is proud to bring you the life-size bust of The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Recreated from the original screen-used mask, each bust is hand cast in fiberglass, and hand finished to exacting standards. The bust is mounted on a decorative base, and each piece is individually hand-numbered.

That being said, I still would have preferred the bust to be more like the PF.

Back