crawl 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmmm The Shallows ;)

That's why I said "as a rule" lol. The first time I saw the Shallows I couldn't tell if a real shark was used for much of the film so if the CGI is *that* good then yeah I'm fine with it. Even though it wasn't a great film were the sharks CG in 47 Meters Down? If so then they might have even been more believable than the one in The Shallows.

I also remember being impressed with the bear in The Revenant. Honestly unless you're going to hit that level of quality then just go back to "not showing the animal" a la 1975 Spielberg. I'll still catch Crawl though because I like "people getting eaten by animals" movies, lol.

The Shallows was so different from the film I was expecting, which was almost like an independent movie version of a shark thriller - one that traded as much on character and drama as it did on thrills. It was a pretty straight down the line hot-girl-in-swimsuit-battling shark movie that had its fun moments but a liberal dollop of velveeta. The ending had everyone in the room groaning.

The ending ruined the film for me on first viewing.. I gave it more of a pass with a second viewing but I still hate the damn ending.

That's why I said "as a rule" lol. The first time I saw the Shallows I couldn't tell if a real shark was used for much of the film so if the CGI is *that* good then yeah I'm fine with it. Even though it wasn't a great film were the sharks CG in 47 Meters Down? If so then they might have even been more believable than the one in The Shallows.

I also remember being impressed with the bear in The Revenant. Honestly unless you're going to hit that level of quality then just go back to "not showing the animal" a la 1975 Spielberg. I'll still catch Crawl though because I like "people getting eaten by animals" movies, lol.

I agree about that level of CGI in both films.. Except the Shallows lost it at the last 5 min :( then it became a CGI shark :(

Saw this tonight. It was good! It was nice to see a critter movie that wasn't PG-13 where at any moment you knew you might see something really gruesome. That really helped the tension. Hated the abrupt cut to credits with the comedic "See Ya Later Alligator" song. That really soured the finale for me. Plus it seemed like they were gearing up for another surprise or false ending of some kind. It didn't seem like they were out of danger yet. Imagine if JAWS 2 cut to credits right as the helicopter starting descending to help the kids, lol.

It would have been nice if they had a few more fodder characters too.

The abrupt ending was so off putting that I theater hopped to Endgame and walked in right as Thanos was beaming down to the rubble of Avengers HQ. Aw yeah, one more Cap/Mjolnir and "Avengers Assemble" for the road, lol. :yess:

Looks like all the posts from the last two days have been removed. Someone must have taken an Infinity Stone, we're in a new timeline! :panic:

In this reality I *liked* Crawl's abrupt ending. :panic:

Looks like all the posts from the last two days have been removed. Someone must have taken an Infinity Stone, we're in a new timeline! :panic:

In this reality I *liked* Crawl's abrupt ending. :panic:
[emoji38]

Don't make them "migrate the servers" again Khev.

You've been warned. No dissenting opinion about Crawls ending will be tolerated

c5449a151e168fece1cb443bdc6a5bef.gif

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back