crawl 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it didn't happen. It was a group of smaller sharks (bull sharks I think). There was no giant GW attacking boats and hunting people vengfully. I'm sure somewhere on multiple occasions people were attacked by gators in flood water.

I cite an example where a shark (species and number unknown) hunted/killed multiple people in a small town in the Northeast over a short period of time causing mass panic and you say that because there was no drunken Irishman hired to stop the attacks then it's got nothing to do with "Jaws." I mean it is called "the true story of Jaws" (and similar rashes of multiple shark attacks in the same place have occurred many times) and is cited as Benchley's inspiration, but oookay.:lol

But... "I'm sure" people were killed by gators in flood water - but can't think of any. Not to mention attractive young women battling alligators inside a house during a hurricane.

Let’s not compare this film to the brilliance that is JAWS.

Anyways

First I heard about it being a “group” of Bull Sharks... But yes the 1916 attacks have been put on the Bull shark. The shark swam up a small creek that connected to the ocean.. Bull sharks live in both salt and fresh water so that is why they assume it was a Bull and not a GW.... Nobody knows for sure though.

From National Geographic “There’s some debate if a bull shark was responsible for the deaths in Matawan Creek because they are known to inhabit fresh and brackish waters; however, Burgess says the evidence points to the young great white. ”

:lol

Let’s not compare this film to the brilliance that is JAWS.

Anyways

First I heard about it being a “group” of Bull Sharks... But yes the 1916 attacks have been put on the Bull shark. The shark swam up a small creek that connected to the ocean.. Bull sharks live in both salt and fresh water so that is why they assume it was a Bull and not a GW.... Nobody knows for sure though.

From National Geographic “There’s some debate if a bull shark was responsible for the deaths in Matawan Creek because they are known to inhabit fresh and brackish waters; however, Burgess says the evidence points to the young great white. ”

I wasn't comparing it to the merits of JAWS, but the premise of JAWS. Both premises are equally absurd. But you likely knew what I was talking about but decided to take a shot at this movie. Considering your user name I'd never expect you to look at it with any sort of open mind.

This alone makes it brilliant.

I'm so tired of these bloated 2.5+ hour "epics".
It was fun, tense, and the audience (In my theater) reacted strongly in the appropriate scenes.

There was no fluff, unnecessary exposition, or padding, it was exactly the length it needed to be. The sign of a good director and editor collaboration.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good to hear.

Monster movies should be no longer than comedies: about 1.5 hours. Perfect. Get in, do your thing, get out.

It took 3rd spot at the boxoffice this weekend.

This was awesome. One of the best movies of the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't comparing it to the merits of JAWS, but the premise of JAWS. Both premises are equally absurd. But you likely knew what I was talking about but decided to take a shot at this movie. Considering your user name I'd never expect you to look at it with any sort of open mind.

Lighten up Francis.

It was good, for what it strived to be. I don't expect meticulous attention to alligator behavior, or movement, but the way alligators attempt to remove meat from a victim was very accurate.

It was enjoyable, and the 87 minute runtime was perfect.

I may have sounded harsh with my CGI comments. I just feel that with more realistic looking / moving Gators I would have really loved the film. I still liked it... it just could have gone to the next level.

I also saw this today. Not bad. Wish the film was more realistic with the CGI movements of the gators. When done right it worked. Other Times it took me out of the movie.

Shoot, as a rule I don't like it when CGI is used for real animals, especially in a horror type film where it's very hard to create palpable tension when you can tell that you're basically looking at something that's a cartoon.

Do they use practical gator effects or real life gator footage ever in the film?

Shoot, as a rule I don't like it when CGI is used for real animals, especially in a horror type film where it's very hard to create palpable tension when you can tell that you're basically looking at something that's a cartoon.

Do they use practical gator effects or real life gator footage ever in the film?
I'm sure it was CG, but looked pretty real

not sure mate as its not releasing in the uk until end of august :thud:

but saw a reasonable cam rip ,okay but not clean enough to answer your question about the cgi

loved what i saw though ,as i expected from the trailer ,and the looters part was ace :lol

if you like this sort of movie and one that uses real animals check out black water

small budget ,small cast ,and from what i remember from the special features on the dvd ,they used wildlife footage and cgi ed the back grounds

Yeah, also "Rogue" from "Wolf Creek" director - a bit bigger budget than "Black Water." Not great, but pushes many of the same buttons.

Ummmmm The Shallows ;)

The Shallows had better CGI overall then this film.

There are times the Gators look good. There are other times were the way they move they become obvious CGI and it was those moments I was taken out of the movie.

Still a decent movie overall and one I will revisit.

I also like the films mentioned above.. Though I don't think I cared for Primeval all that much.

Ummmmm The Shallows ;)

The Shallows had better CGI overall then this film.

There are times the Gators look good. There are other times were the way they move they become obvious CGI and it was those moments I was taken out of the movie.

Still a decent movie overall and one I will revisit.

I also like the films mentioned above.. Though I don't think I cared for Primeval all that much.

The Shallows was so different from the film I was expecting, which was almost like an independent movie version of a shark thriller - one that traded as much on character and drama as it did on thrills. It was a pretty straight down the line hot-girl-in-swimsuit-battling shark movie that had its fun moments but a liberal dollop of velveeta. The ending had everyone in the room groaning.

Back