Crap....it looks like Diamond is going to lure me into buying their 8 inch monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was content not to waste my precious money on the DST figures at all. Mainly because of the terrible paint apps associated with the second wave that has been discussed ad nauseum here and other places. Also because all they were making were figures SSC had already made in that format much better years earlier.

Then the Phantom with that great organ display was announced. I wavered...I would buy Phantom. Now they are doing figures that SSC skipped. Like Karloff as Mr. Hyde. Dang it....my willpower was strong enuff not to buy any until I saw Hyde. I may have to buy some of their sub par renditions to go with Hyde. Or I could just buy Hyde,lol. I will give them their props. If the prototype and the finished product are similar, they will have a great figure on their hands. Take a peek. Also--2 new retro cloth figures, and a nifty Frankenstein piggy bank bust!!

DSC04282.jpg

20120213-105953.jpg

creech.jpg

DSC04283.jpg

Last edited:
i bought the first series, but apart from the bases, there's very little difference between those and sideshow's. He should display fine with the old figs...

I'm looking forward to the Mummy and Hunchback Minimates. I've picked up all the major Minimates released thus far over the last couple of years.

i bought the first series, but apart from the bases, there's very little difference between those and sideshow's. He should display fine with the old figs...

Sadly, I sold my loose set of Sideshows and only have one set MOC.

Even though I hate the fact that these figures look like nobody who played them---that Mr. Hyde looks exactly like Westmore's make up.

I swear, I am such a Universal Monsters whore. I cannot stand the compulsion to buy all the Universal Monsters goodies. And its only for Universal Monsters that I fall to this level,lol.

I even bought those Neca bobblers. I FRIGGIN HATE BOBBLE HEADS. But when it comes to Universal Monsters---I just cannot help myself. I need an intervention. I expect we will see characters like Werewolf of London and perhaps even Dracula's daughter, and maybe even a Dr. Frankenstein (that doesnt resemble Colin Clive, but will be named Dr. Frankenstein nonetheless.)

I am gonna go hug my Universal Monsters lunchbox and soap bottles now, slowly rocking myself into a deep sleep as tears stream down my face at how pathetic my childhood monsters have made me.

For the record, thoguh....I still hate wave 2 of their monsters. The paint apps are terrible and Dracula looks like my mailman. But I guess I will prolly buy them anyway. Hyde has given me hope. Hope that I will one day hold Countess Zeleska in my addicted hands.:gah::lol:lecture

Sadly, I sold my loose set of Sideshows and only have one set MOC.

Even though I hate the fact that these figures look like nobody who played them---that Mr. Hyde looks exactly like Westmore's make up.

I swear, I am such a Universal Monsters whore. I cannot stand the compulsion to buy all the Universal Monsters goodies. And its only for Universal Monsters that I fall to this level,lol.

I even bought those Neca bobblers. I FRIGGIN HATE BOBBLE HEADS. But when it comes to Universal Monsters---I just cannot help myself. I need an intervention. I expect we will see characters like Werewolf of London and perhaps even Dracula's daughter, and maybe even a Dr. Frankenstein (that doesnt resemble Colin Clive, but will be named Dr. Frankenstein nonetheless.)

I am gonna go hug my Universal Monsters lunchbox and soap bottles now, slowly rocking myself into a deep sleep as tears stream down my face at how pathetic my childhood monsters have made me.

For the record, thoguh....I still hate wave 2 of their monsters. The paint apps are terrible and Dracula looks like my mailman. But I guess I will prolly buy them anyway. Hyde has given me hope. Hope that I will one day hold Countess Zeleska in my addicted hands.:gah::lol:lecture

I'm not into Bobbles either :rotfl

Mananged to get all but one of these now, at pretty decent prices....except color Wolfman. I am on the prowl for him, then I will be ready for future waves. The Dracula and Bride I got had decent paint apps! Not at all like the "select" comic shop versions I have seen. Weird.:cuckoo: Glad mind you---but weird. If anyone has an extra loose or carded color Wolfman ya wanna part with---pm me with the details.

Last edited:
Back