Cowboy Bebop: The Cinematic Adventure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keanu looks like Spike, but I've never see him play a character that's as laid back and effortless as Spike.

I just recently watched the first ep. of Cowboy Bebop again, simple brilliance. No way in HELL are they ever going to match how great the show was.

Seaward, I agree that Firefly/Serenity was a good approximation of a live action Bebop, but no where near as good. Bebop is the best Sci-Fi Western ever!

I don't like anime much, but I do like the Bebop (as much for the great jazz soundtrack as anything). And I echo the thoughts of a few previous posters in that. . .I think Keanu could actually be OK as Spike. The cartoon is what it is, and nothing that gets made from here on can take that away. If they make a decent movie out of it, great! If it ^^^^s, so what? Just ignore it. (that word is censored?)

As for Jet, I think in an ideal world, we would get James Caan. Faye should be played by any good looking, slightly annoying chick, and Ed should not be in the movie at all.
Keanu looks like Spike, but I've never see him play a character that's as laid back and effortless as Spike.
Ted (minus some of the stupidity, obviously)?

I don't care. Cowboy Bebop is damn near perfect.

How about they spend the money on a commercial campaign to get people to watch the series?

Or air the series during primetime after 24?

Anything but release a live-action film. By god ANYTHING!

I thought this film was dead in the water....

Article by GuardianOfChaos
'Cowboy Bebop' Screenwriter Speaks
The Cowboy Bebop live action film has been in development for a little while now. Most of the details have been kept on the down lo, but recently Anime Vice got a hold of writer Peter Craig to get a bit of details. Craig hasn’t done any sci-fi screenplays yet, but the producers seemed to believe that he would have a firm grasping on the characters. So they sent him all of the series to watch and he, like many of us, fell in love with the Bebop crew.

When asked if Sunrise studio, the original team behind Cowboy Bebop, were involved, Craig stated that they have been keeping in close touch. They had dinner in Tokyo along with Keanu Reeves to all talk about the film and the intended vision for the picture. Craig is close to finishing an early draft and will soon be submitting it to get input.

I for one am very eager, for I feel this is one of the few anime that can be adapted pretty well to a live action feel. Hopefully they just try and do an original story that takes place in the middle of the series instead of trying to fill out origin stories.

WOW . . .

I guess HELL did freeze over.

I an opened minded person to an extent.

Cowboy Bebop IMHO was never intended for live action.

Some things just can't be left alone as is . . . SIGH. I'll revise my 2009 "dead pool" list. I'll be adding Keanu Reeves to it.

:mad:

Well, it calms me to know that Sunrise studio has a hand in the project, even if it's just in a supervisory capacity.

I look forward to seeing the film, in theaters if it receives good/mixed reviews or at home if it receives poor ones.

Back