Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little off topic here, but... does anybody else like Huntress? They keep talking about Ivy being a 'companion piece' to Harley, but dangit... I want my Birds of Prey duo with Canary and Huntress side by side! (Besides, it's not like I'm asking for Lady Blackhawk... yet :)) So does anybody know if AH has done any covers featuring Huntress? Or would she be a commissioned piece also? Seems like DC doesn't show her much of the love, so I'm not expecting one for awhile, if ever... hope the line lasts long enough for us to get her...

I have been pretty fortunate to get great paint apps on the ones I have gotten and she is one of my favourites too adoptedscot
Nice one cos I've heard of some bad paint apps, glad you got good ones :rock :rock

I find people saying this is better than this one and this better than that one, but they all are great and I can't choose a favorite anymore. Not saying any body shouldn't. I just think they all grow on you and it becomes hard to choose a favorite. I just want another announcement.:(
It's just personal preference really.
While there is such choice of things out there to collect, people will have favourites and that includes items from the same line. Albeit the whole line imo is exceptional and the best AH portrayal thus far imo.
I do however still have a couple that I like more than the others, thats just human nature :duff
x :peace

I find people saying this is better than this one and this better than that one, but they all are great and I can't choose a favorite anymore. Not saying any body shouldn't. I just think they all grow on you and it becomes hard to choose a favorite. I just want another announcement.:(

Well el santos the unfortunate thing is that there are variances in the paint apps on some of the figures, and it is a matter of character preference, although I am a huge Wonder Woman fan, I just don't like the 3D transformation of AH!'s cover into statue, that is my preference, so I didn't buy it and won't buy it. I don't buy anything that will grow on me since money doesn't grow on trees and I am personally glad they have slowed down on the announcements cause i m going broke:rotfl

Well el santos the unfortunate thing is that there are variances in the paint apps on some of the figures, and it is a matter of character preference, although I am a huge Wonder Woman fan, I just don't like the 3D transformation of AH!'s cover into statue, that is my preference, so I didn't buy it and won't buy it. I don't buy anything that will grow on me since money doesn't grow on trees and I am personally glad they have slowed down on the announcements cause i m going broke:rotfl

That's cool, but I own them all up until Power Girl. I like them all, but at moments my favorite was Black Canary. After awhile they just had the same value to me. If you don't like it don't buy it, right and that is understandable. I like them when I bought them, but there value just increases for me. I wasn't talking about the way you would buy a CD in hoping the songs might get better. next announcement please anyway we would have to wait at least 5 to 6 months until release.:(, but it will give us time to save up money.
@DS
Are you getting Original or extra Crispy?

I have a question. These are marketed as 'limited' and #/5000... so does that mean the new re-mints of older statues (for example, recent re-runs of WW and Zatanna) are part of the 5000? Or are they now suddenly 'unlimited?' Seems you can't call something 'limited' if it's 'mint-on-demand.' :)

I hope they announce them soon. I'm about ready for some drastic measures...like doing a VooDoo ritual and sacrificing a bucket of KFC to make it happen! :D

:lol

hoping for col sanders to grant your wish?

but seriously, has anyone even heard ANY kind of confirmation that there will be a supergirl or batgirl? all i've heard so far is unconfirmed hearsay.

Hey, I just want to double check. Everyone's PG has a sticker logo right? I posted on the DCD facebook page and their telling me that no, PG does NOT have a sticker. Can all of you PG owners confirm?
It seems like a sticker man but it could be a decal too. I guess that could be considered a sticker also but maybe DCD considers them separate. When I run my finger over it, it certainly feels raised but so does my WW for that matter. It's just more pronounced on PG's base.

but seriously, has anyone even heard ANY kind of confirmation that there will be a supergirl or batgirl? all i've heard so far is unconfirmed hearsay.

Confirmation? You mean, like, an announcement? No.

Read the rest of the thread if you want to know how we know they are on the way.

Hey, I just want to double check. Everyone's PG has a sticker logo right? I posted on the DCD facebook page and their telling me that no, PG does NOT have a sticker. Can all of you PG owners confirm?

I checked mine again and it feels and looks more like a decal with raised edges. So does my WW & CS.

:lol

hoping for col sanders to grant your wish?

The Colonel is ALL POWERFUL! :lol

Great paint job... but not a fan of the sculpture at all.
She looks like a playboy bunny with an IQ smaller than my shoe size.

I'm all for making superheroines looking sexy, even playful at times, but when you make them look dumb, it's just a major turn off.

Back