Could somebody explain me this? (Galadriel´s Blessing Lithograph)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hefestion

Freakzoid
Reaction score
SS has recently put on Preorder a framed lithograph called "Galadriel's Blessing", from Jerry Vanderstelt, at 350$ plus shipping...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900661

How can be that Jerry Vanderstelt is selling the same lithograph at ebay (from #11), with Buy It Now option, at 95$ plus shipping (Free Shipping for US/41,50$ International for Europe)?...

https://cgi.ebay.com/LOTR-GALADRIEL...tZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca3b94149#shId

Is this a big Owned or am I missing something? (but I dont know what...) :lol

900661_press01-001.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Could somebody explain me this?

Sideshow's comes professionally framed, Jerry's in a rolled tube. Not sure if the framing from Sideshow is worth the extra cash, though.

You are paying for the print, professional framing, the frame itself and the ease of getting the with it being 'ready to display'. Whereas (as has been mentioned) if you buy from Jerry you simply get the print rolled in a tube, which in itself is awesome but some peeps don't or can't go through the process of arranging framing.

Personally I would have bought the 3 LOTR Litho's from SS as they come framed and ready to display. I am disabled and housebound so cannot go out to sort out framing for these beautiful pieces, so they are currently just sitting in their tubes until I can sort something out. I wanted the specific remarque which is why I bought them individually.
Otherwise I would prolly have bought them ready framed from SS.

It's just another option is all.
x :peace

255$ plus shipping for the frame??? :banana

SS's cost of $255 for the framing does seem excessive, but it is impossible to know for sure without knowing the frame "code" or number for that particular moulding. Every frame/moulding has a number attached to it based on the materials used, intricacy of the frame design, labour/complexity involved , etc...The higher the designated code, the higher the cost/inch of that specific frame/moulding. Having worked in an art gallery for several years before going to college I can say there really doesn't appear to be anything special about SS's framing. The moulding itself is very simple in design, and because it's painted it is no doubt made of a cheaper wood such as pine. It also has only one matte and the print itself is no doubt protected by nothing more than reg. glass.

I have not gotten mine framed yet [#11/750], but I have had my Terror Over Osgiliath print framed [also #11/750:D] Since both prints are identical in size I can say with a fair amount of certainly that is is overpriced somewhat. My "Terror" print cost me about $200 to frame, which included a fairly expensive moulding, two mattes, a shadow box, and 100% UV protecting non-glare glass.

TerroroverOsgiliath022.jpg

But as Shell has correctly stated, it is a viable option for those who do not want to [or who cannot] go to the time and trouble of having these litho's framed themselves.

Beautifully framed as always my friend. :clap :clap
Y'know if the Galadriels blessing had been framed like yours (those colours would have been perfect for it) I would glady pay to get it through SS. Yours is stunning :rock, that frame just adds to the perfection of the print and it looks very classy :rock

The gold grame that they have chosen doesn't do the print justice at all imo

If I send you all my Jerry prints will you get them framed and send them back for me :monkey3 :lol
x :wave

i think the frame is different...look at ss site the iron man's print also,there is one with 530 dollars and the same for 1060 dollars..so,may be the print ...send them an email and ask them,that would be the best answer...

No, the GB frame is gold.
The 'Terror over Osgiliath' frame is similar to Woodsy's colour (and $100 cheaper than the framed GB :confused:).
The GB is definately a gold frame, just look at the Gallery piccies for it.
x :peace

Last edited:

Beautifully framed as always my friend. :clap :clap
Y'know if the Galadriels blessing had been framed like yours (those colours would have been perfect for it) I would glady pay to get it through SS. Yours is stunning :rock, that frame just adds to the perfection of the print and it looks very classy :rock

The gold grame that they have chosen doesn't do the print justice at all imo

If I send you all my Jerry prints will you get them framed and send them back for me :monkey3 :lol
x :wave

You know I would Shell......:D And thanks for the compliments, you are most gracious, as always. :bow I do agree in that I would not have framed GB that way. The function of a moulding and mattes is to compliment a print. They can be used to "pull" specific items or colours out of the print and making them the focus of one's attention, but they in themselves should never be the focus of attention. And I'm afraid with the bold gold coloured frame SS's gone with it really detracts from the print itself.

Have to agree... it is not a very attractive frame. Remember if you are in the US Hobby Lobby is a great and inexpensive place to get things framed... I think you can also learn to do it your self, but I just have them do it.

Also, every other week the framing is 50% off :rock

Have to agree... it is not a very attractive frame. Remember if you are in the US Hobby Lobby is a great and inexpensive place to get things framed... I think you can also learn to do it your self, but I just have them do it.

Also, every other week the framing is 50% off :rock

is that true??that the framing every week is 50% off in sideshow??

is that true??that the framing every week is 50% off in sideshow??

No, he's saying there is a chain of stores throughout the US called Hobby Lobby that often has 50% off sales. It has nothing to do with SS or their framed prints.

i think the frame is different...look at ss site the iron man's print also,there is one with 530 dollars and the same for 1060 dollars..so,may be the print ...send them an email and ask them,that would be the best answer...

The frames on the two "Iron Man 26" prints are the same, and both look to be quite inexpensive. The reason one is $530 and the other $1165 has nothing to do with the framing and everything to with the medium used to produce this artwork. The cheaper print has been reproduced on acid free paper, and the expensive one on canvas. It is much more difficult/expensive to produce an image on canvas than it is paper. The upside is that canvas prints look just like the original painting itself, they require no glass, and colours are typically more vibrant.

Hey everyone.....

Bottom line on the Galadriel piece is simply buy from SS if you want it all ready to go, or buy from me and choose your own frame according to your own style, taste and budget.

JV

Hey everyone.....

Bottom line on the Galadriel piece is simply buy from SS if you want it all ready to go, or buy from me and choose your own frame according to your own style, taste and budget.

JV

:lecture The key point being.....buy the prints! As one who has purchased all of Jerry's litho's to date I can state with 100% certainty you will not be disappointed.....they are all simply amazing! :google

Thanks Woodsy!

JV

My pleasure Jerry! :D I hope you are keeping well. Alot of us are looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us next....and seeing the final artwork of your "Clash of Kings" print, which looks terrific BTW. :rock

I have no problem with Sideshow's price. They are a business and allowed to make a profit on items they sell, aren't they?

Back