COULD DARTH MAUL HAVE BEEN IN THE REST OF THE PREQUELS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pickard said:
Maul wasn't half the warrior that Obi and Anakin were by the end of the PT. That trick worked on Maul, but it wasn't going to work on Master Obi-Wan

Maul looked cool as hell, but he got chopped up by a padawan. If Master Obi-Wan from ROTS faced him, it wouldn't even be a contest.

By the end of ROTS, the Jedi are such experienced warriors, the only characters left who Maul could defeat would be Jar Jar & 3PO.

I'd give R2 the edge, just because he's craftier, but it'd go a few rounds. I'd give even odds on Maul vs. pre-pregnancy Padme. :)

An army of Maul clones is a good idea, one I expected GL to use. Would clones have the same midichlorian count as the template? Maybe the emperor was afraid that he wouldn't be able to control them.

:mwaha:mwaha:lol :lol I do agree that R2 could have defeated half the enemies in the PT, just because he's just a BAMF.

I agree with you there, except for the part that maul was a little girl. maul was an animal and I thought that he should have been part of ep. II/ep. III. The only part with him replacing Dooku, is that Dooku was very charasmatic and articulate and maul barely spoke. If maul replaced Dooku, then the whole of ep II and part of ep III would have needed to be rewritten to show that. Or just have Dooku as a secondary character.

But I REALLY like the idea that Naboo should have been Alderaan, makes more sense for Princess Leia being an actual PRINCESS. Which reminds me, she was a Princess WHY???

Darth Caedus said:
But I REALLY like the idea that Naboo should have been Alderaan, makes more sense for Princess Leia being an actual PRINCESS. Which reminds me, she was a Princess WHY???
Because the Organas were part of the royal family of Alderaan.

I thought Bail Organa was a consort and his wife, the Queen, was the ruler of Alderaan.

here's what i wanted: (please don't laugh, but i think this could've worked)
at the end of TPM darth maul defeats qui gon, in the continuing battle with obi wan, he gets defeated and seems to have perished. in episode II he emerges from the shadows, and begins attacking Jedi under the instructions of Dooku and Palpatine. when obi wan is captured on Geonosis maul comes in to report to dooku during the scene obi wan is suspended. obi wan makes a joke something along the lines of "didn't i kill you?" and in that scene obi wan realizes the sith are still out there and ready to attack the jedi. during the geonosis battle obi wan chases after maul to finish him, anakin follows..... dooku chimes in and starts fighting anakin while obi wan is fighting with maul. dooku easily dispatches anakin. obi wan realizes that maul was just a decoy and rushes to rescue anakin. after a few minutes dooku overwhelms obi wan....yoda enters and everything is the same as in the movie. dooku runs, yoda saves obi and anakin. during the clone wars darth maul is responsible for the attacks and deaths of the jedi instead of grievous. (see we don't need him after all) in the same time dooku starts training asajj ventress so she can also attack the jedi. in ROTS anakin still kills dooku in the beginning, and it shows how much his powers are progressing. later we see obi wan tracking down maul once again and finally catches up to him this time darth maul is a worthy opponent and provides a much better challenge for obi wan. anakin realizes that asajj has been hunting him per orders of dooku. when the two of them finally face off anakin dips into the dark side when he kills her off and palpatine then starts to seduce him with the powers of the dark side.
~~~everything else is the same except for the mace,kitt, jedi, jedi, palpatine showdown. (sorry but i cant remember the other two names right now) this time anakin is already there and palpatine throws the jedi propaganda lines out and palpatine starts fighting mace and kitt while anakin squares off against the other two. eventually anakin kills the two jedi and rushes in to see mace getting ready to kill palpatine. (almost identical scene) mace tries to plead with anakin, but he's not hearing it. anakin attacks mace but when he's distracted palpatine shocks him and anakin chops his head off.

i know its really long, but this is something along the lines of what i would have like to see in the movie.

not sure if maul and dooku can co-exist at the same time. I thought the sith tradition was just 2 at a time. a master and an errand boy/girl. If maul was the errand boy, no way dooku could come in and overtake his place without "replacing" him IMO.

From a story viewpoint I think Maul death was needed because this move the viewer to the point where Palpatine needs another apprentice but doesn´t have time to train him in other words he needs a fallen Jedi. Dooku represent the first step of Anakin´s fall to the Dark Side, I mean, from Palpatine point of view if he can turn bad a venerable Jedi like Dooku he can do the same with the choosen one.

the chosen one was corrupt from the beginning. its not that hard to switch him to sith. I'll be moer surprised if palpatine can sway obi or yoda.

edit: besides, the sith was jedi from the beginning.

The bottom line is maul should of lived. He could of been the gay lover of dooku for all i care as long as he kicked ass in 2 and 3 I would of been happy. Oh what could of been.............:maul

i never viewed dooku as a true Sith. i remember when episode II came out he was one of the "fallen 20" a jedi who separated from the pack due to conflicts of ideals. sure he worked for palpatine and had great powers but i believe he had his own agenda.

minivader said:
the chosen one was corrupt from the beginning. its not that hard to switch him to sith. I'll be moer surprised if palpatine can sway obi or yoda.

edit: besides, the sith was jedi from the beginning.

I don´t see Anakin as a corrupt Jedi, but a kid with great powers that has become arrogant due to Palpatine´s tutelage.

EDIT:I mean, Palpy was twisting Anakin´s mind slowly since the end of TPM. Just when he took Dooku as his apprentice.

Last edited:
I know one of the reasons given for Maul's brief appearance in TPM was that Lucas wanted to cement the one master, one apprentice rule. Of course that doesn't make any sense really because as far as Dooku was in AOTC he would have to have been Tyrannus for a while meaning at some point in time there was one master and at least two apprentice.

I think Maul could have easily become General Grevious and really cemented the continuity from TPM to ROTS better not to mention Grevious's design would have been better done. As interesting a character as Grevious could be I'm sure if you add in Maul incarnations there would have been more Sith qualities....probably a pair of double bladed lightsabers that separate and such.

yea ive always felt maul would have been a better character to keep around, i would have enjoyed a sith side story type thing were tensions rise between him and dukoo and the have a big fight in episode 3, i wouldnt have cared who won, it just would have looked cool. heck they could have killed eachother for all i care.

hairlesswookie's outline was cool, but a little too much I think. But everyone seems to have good ideas overall. I think the idea of giving the main villains more face time is a good one. I think Jango should have still been the Cloned one. But Grev. should have been replaced by Maul totally. He WOULDN'T be a Sith anymore, Greivous really wasn't a leader, Dooku was more the on in control, and G.G. was used more like a weapon against the Jedi, like Maul.

I also agree that it seemed like it was written on the fly (the PT) too bad cause' lots of cool(er) stuff could have went down.

hairlesswookiee said:
i never viewed dooku as a true Sith. i remember when episode II came out he was one of the "fallen 20" a jedi who separated from the pack due to conflicts of ideals. sure he worked for palpatine and had great powers but i believe he had his own agenda.

Yeah Dooku was never a true Sith per se. He assumed that once Anakin turned to the darkside he could just retire with a lot of money and property given to him (along with a pardon) from Palpatine. He was there and was always there to help Sidious turn Anakin.

I think Maul could have been a great character to develop. He survives Naboo by overpowering (not killing though) Obi-Wan and escapes. He then takes Dooku's place in Episode II, but working with terror and fear to win over the planets of the Seperatists rather than by his "Charisma," making him much more of a menace. At Geonosis Obi-Wan meets with him again but once more is overpowered by him, and Anakin is easily wiped out by him.

Then, in Episode III, make Grievous like he was in The Clone Wars, an unstoppable monster that the Jedi can't stop. On the ship, Grievous knocks out Obi-Wan, but Anakin destroys him. Then Obi-Wan is sent to destroy Darth Maul, and in their last confrontation Obi-Wan finally destroys the man who killed his master. Everything else in the story can be the same pretty much, but it adds a lot of depth to Obi-Wan if he has his own personal enemy, and Maul is a good match for him.

I dunno, I like the movies the way they are, but it's fun to mix things up now and then, even if it doesn't work perfectly.

Captain Faramir said:
I think Maul could have been a great character to develop. He survives Naboo by overpowering (not killing though) Obi-Wan and escapes. He then takes Dooku's place in Episode II, but working with terror and fear to win over the planets of the Seperatists rather than by his "Charisma," making him much more of a menace. At Geonosis Obi-Wan meets with him again but once more is overpowered by him, and Anakin is easily wiped out by him.

Then, in Episode III, make Grievous like he was in The Clone Wars, an unstoppable monster that the Jedi can't stop. On the ship, Grievous knocks out Obi-Wan, but Anakin destroys him. Then Obi-Wan is sent to destroy Darth Maul, and in their last confrontation Obi-Wan finally destroys the man who killed his master. Everything else in the story can be the same pretty much, but it adds a lot of depth to Obi-Wan if he has his own personal enemy, and Maul is a good match for him.

I dunno, I like the movies the way they are, but it's fun to mix things up now and then, even if it doesn't work perfectly.

DING DING DING! We have a winner. :clap

hairlesswookiee said:

All Sith have their own agenda, overthrow the leader. Dooku tried to sway Obi to side with him, Anakin told Padme he could defeat Empy, Vader tried to sway Luke.

That is why there are only 2 at a time.

Back