Could a sculpted 1/6 Chewbacca work?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to realize that if they created a realistic Chewbacca using fur... they could price it at $400 and we'd still buy it.

I like that rumor, hope its true.

What rumours are these? The same ones started by a couple of speculative posts in the Tamashii 3PO thread that since Tamashii are planning on releasing more SW figures after R2 then it could be Grievous? This rumour reminds of the "Bane DX" talk the DC fans keep banging on about - though I have to say, a Tamashii Grievous seems a lot more likely than a Bane DX.

That being said, an extremely intricate, layered fur sculpt with soft, very matte plastic I can sort of see working in that miraculous-HT way (where it looks utterly convincing and you can't figure out how they did it.)

See, there you go bringin up HT! You gotta not even mention them or the SS folks will RUNAWAY, RUNAWAY. WE CANT DO IT LIKE THEY DO!! :rotfl
I remember being in a panel at SDCC where Brant out right said that SS had no idea how HT could do something like the Tumbler for the amount they sold it for. I was sitting there like "WTF!? man, shouldnt you be figuring that sheit out!?" To be this far into their license and not even have all the main characters is almost criminal. I thought when SS first started producing these that this would be the ultimate in 1/6th SW representation, but it's really REALLY clear to me that I put that expectation on SS, not that they started out to make the best 1/6th SW line ever. But I guess it will have to do for now...:peace

I like that rumor, hope its true.

I don't think C-3PO was farmed out either... Tamashii is releasing a different product in conjunction with Sideshow. But I believe Sideshow will still release their own versions. If they had continued to shy away from non-standard body figures I would be concerned, but with releases like the Gamorrean Guard, IG-88 and the Battle Droids Sideshow has shown a greater commitment to this series.

As for Chewbacca, I don't know what they'll do but again I'm confident something will eventually get released.

Back