Corrose's Workshop - 1/6 Scale Custom Accessories - OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Corrose's Workshop - Base Decals, 1/6 Custom Replicas and more!

So I spent a couple of days with the company I plan on buying my 3D printer from. I have been doing research for literally months and months. I started off looking at hobbyist machines like the Makerbot, the Form 1's and several others. In my opinion those are novelty printers, fun for screwing around with, but you're not going to make something with incredible detail. Those fuse deposition printers build with layers and your finish is similat to that of courderoy material, you can literally feel the build lines with your fingernails. I started looking into high end printers which led me down this path to what I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on. In fact these guys told me this week that Sideshow just bought this same machine that I'm looking at buying for in-house RP.

I wanted to share the original image I posted last week. This is my 3rd or so, real attempt at sculpting a head in ZBrush. I have Maya down and have always been comfortable with modeling inorganics, like my Miami Slide Box, Urn etc, but had never dabbled in faces and organics. I think for it being something I have been learning for just a couple of months, I'm doing pretty good, and hope to get better.

I also attached some shots of the 3D print of the sculpt I did.
This print is right off of the printer, with the supports removed. No sanding or post production has been done. This is also one print. Notice how the eyebrow ring, and earrings were able to print in such fine, fine detail.

What do you guys think? If I go crazy and make this large investment are you all interested in some projects I have in mind? I have some great ideas in my head for 1/6 including some accessories for TDK, Breaking Bad, BTTF and many more.

Do you guys feel this is the kind of quality you would be happy to pay for?

opqi.jpg

lanh.jpg

6hnt.jpg

m2ui.jpg

yb1n.jpg

Also awhile back Sean sent me one of his 3d files to do a test print, this was done on the same kind of machine:

t02b.jpg

Last edited:

I'm still searching for the reference I plan to send you, Chris, and though it sounds now like a Maya project from what you just posted, I hope to be one of your first 3D print customers. Gotta gotta gotta find that drawing...

Wow well done corrose! I would def be down to buy some pieces if you would go this route. Especially tdk items!

That sculpt is incredible, how much would a finished head like this run?

What classification of machine does this? I didn't even know it was possible to simply print up somehting so detailed. Crazy cool.

Man! That's nuts! Looks amazing and I can't believe we have this technology already and it can only get better...! Some crazy Star Trek stuff for sure! Depending on what the final printed sculpts would cost, I'd surely be interested in future items... Not just head sculpts, but accessories, etc! Wow!

Aye i think Chris is gonna get a lot of work from this and should start a request/interest thread for headsculpts/items.

That sculpt is incredible, how much would a finished head like this run?

That I don't know yet, I know approximate costs of the resin, but not how much it would take right this second. I know once I have everything in hand, that I can plug in an STL file and the sofware will be able to give correct material usage calculations.

Man! That's nuts! Looks amazing and I can't believe we have this technology already and it can only get better...! Some crazy Star Trek stuff for sure! Depending on what the final printed sculpts would cost, I'd surely be interested in future items... Not just head sculpts, but accessories, etc! Wow!

Thanks, yeah I want to be able to be a solid go-to in this community for printing, not only being able to offer this level of quality to other sculptors to output their own prototype masters for casting, but my own projects as well.

That Orc Sculpt is so awesome man!

Thanks!

Looking at that Merle and knowing how often WGP has faced delays and problems..."Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

I hope so too, I'm hoping the appeal of coming to me as opposed to a print house in the UK, is that I'll hopefully be able to offer relatively quick turn. I know when you use Shapeways, it's a 10 day flat wait until your parts even get printed and ship.

I'm trying to wrap up the rest of the questions I have with this company in the next week or two. The down side is that these machines are made to order and take about 4-6 weeks. I would likely not be fully ready to rock until about mid to late october.

Amazing work. Do you have your own site? I have a couple of friends who don't collect 1/6 and aren't members here that are very interested in your stuff

YES to all of this!!! :clap:panic:

So I spent a couple of days with the company I plan on buying my 3D printer from. I have been doing research for literally months and months. I started off looking at hobbyist machines like the Makerbot, the Form 1's and several others. In my opinion those are novelty printers, fun for screwing around with, but you're not going to make something with incredible detail. Those fuse deposition printers build with layers and your finish is similat to that of courderoy material, you can literally feel the build lines with your fingernails. I started looking into high end printers which led me down this path to what I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on. In fact these guys told me this week that Sideshow just bought this same machine that I'm looking at buying for in-house RP.

I wanted to share the original image I posted last week. This is my 3rd or so, real attempt at sculpting a head in ZBrush. I have Maya down and have always been comfortable with modeling inorganics, like my Miami Slide Box, Urn etc, but had never dabbled in faces and organics. I think for it being something I have been learning for just a couple of months, I'm doing pretty good, and hope to get better.

I also attached some shots of the 3D print of the sculpt I did.
This print is right off of the printer, with the supports removed. No sanding or post production has been done. This is also one print. Notice how the eyebrow ring, and earrings were able to print in such fine, fine detail.

What do you guys think? If I go crazy and make this large investment are you all interested in some projects I have in mind? I have some great ideas in my head for 1/6 including some accessories for TDK, Breaking Bad, BTTF and many more.

Do you guys feel this is the kind of quality you would be happy to pay for?

opqi.jpg

lanh.jpg

6hnt.jpg

m2ui.jpg

yb1n.jpg

Also awhile back Sean sent me one of his 3d files to do a test print, this was done on the same kind of machine:

t02b.jpg

I got my decals from Corrose for my Methylamine Barrels :yess:
These moths look awesome , highly recomended :exactly:
Thanks again Chris

er35.jpg

34ql.jpg

9m39.jpg

Looking great Mike.. Nice job Chris on the decals! I need a barrel or 2!

BTW.. the 3D printing is just insane.. Great job man.. So exciting

Back