Corpse Bride - Jun Planning imports

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already bought victor and bride several months ago and they are impressive. I'm glad Jun is coming out with more because it will make for a great display. I have the tiny PVC figures made by mcfarlane and they are great, they sold out within a month of release. The downside to Jun is the expense, but for the size, it is just a little more than sideshow's 1/6 figures, but prices keep edging up that Jun is beginning to look like a bargain. In any case, I am praying the prices will remain reasonable for these "dolls." I missed the boat on the NBX, and now too expensive to acquire.

I got the regular edition, not the Santa one. I'm looking forward to posing him swinging on my X-mas tree this year! He'll arrive in a week or so, and I'll be sure to take lots of pics. I'd love to get the Corpse Bride figures, but space is at a premium, and I'll be in enough trouble when Jack arrives!!:eek:

For the rest of the year, I'll pose him sitting up in his coffin, holding one of his other heads and admiring it...:D

amarcord said:
No they are not...

I'll bet we can pose them if we heat them, or maybe it's time to break out the wire and drill and "make some articulation.":D

I told my wife about getting him, and she didn;t freak nearly as much as I thought she would. I'm home free!!! Can't wait for him to get here on the 16th.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts/photos :D.

When I saw the NBX making of back in 93/94 I was fascinated by the bit on Jack's animation, with the multiple heads etc. So I've definitely got a long-time desire to own a decent Jack like this, but I just need to see if it's as good as I hope.

Master Replicas Kermit is fantastic (and yes, one will be mine :)), and it's $200. Jack is also around $200, so hopefully he's just as worth it.

I notice that they refrain from saying 'prop replica' with this figure. Just 'prop size'. I'm thinking that the reason is that it'd be impossible to make a prop replica with the durability that collectors desire. e.g. for instance, the reason we are not seeing articulated fingers could be that it worked the same way as the heads, and were switched 24 times per second. Or it could be that they were a soft 'flexible' material that would not last long on a collectible.

What I'm getting at (and I guess I'm trying to evaluate the figure in my own mind), is that this Jack is as close a prop replica we will get, considering the requirements of a collectible.

For what it's worth, when they actually animated Jack's blinking they inserted different 'fillers' into the eye socket, but that hasn't been seen on any Jack replica afaik. Instead when we get more of a 'closed-eyed' Jack, it's actually sculpted that way into the head.

Got my Medicom/Master Replicas Jack Skellington today! He's amazing! A lot more articulation than I expected, though I could wish for a bit more in the wrists and something for the fingers. I may alter the fingers to bend a bit. They're pliable, but not poseable. And no display stand, which seems to be a glaring oversight! But the packaging is lovely, and all the heads are displayed nicely and it's all very easy to remove. And the head comes off easily enough, No worries about ruining the figure. All in all, I'm very happy!!

Now if only my place were big enough for The Bride and Victor....sigh.

Customikey said:
Got my Medicom/Master Replicas Jack Skellington today! He's amazing! A lot more articulation than I expected, though I could wish for a bit more in the wrists and something for the fingers. I may alter the fingers to bend a bit. They're pliable, but not poseable. And no display stand, which seems to be a glaring oversight! But the packaging is lovely, and all the heads are displayed nicely and it's all very easy to remove. And the head comes off easily enough, No worries about ruining the figure. All in all, I'm very happy!!

Now if only my place were big enough for The Bride and Victor....sigh.

Mickey, The display-stand is hidden under the silk cloak (it is transparent)

I am glad you like it ;-)

Finally got around to buying one of these. $160USD delivered to Australia. I haven't seen one in person, but I have seen the Santa Jack so I know it'll be good.

Apologise for this necropost. Thought this would be the best place to ask this question. Is $185 shipped (international) a good price for Jun Planning's Corpse Bride two-pack figures (never displayed)? Have searched the net and have tracked the bay too for some time; but couldn't get an idea. Would really appreciate any suggestions:

review_cb_2b.jpg

Courtsey: www.mwctoys.com

Likewise, I'd get em for that. Mine have been on permanent display since I got them, awesome figures.

Is this a good place to ask if someone had modded these dolls?

I love them and they display fantastically but I really wish they had articulated wrists, is there a joint you can purchase somewhere?

Thanks for any help! :1-1:

In case some is looking for him, nice price for Elder Gutknecht:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corpse-Bri...265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a83ae4099

Is this a good place to ask if someone had modded these dolls?

I love them and they display fantastically but I really wish they had articulated wrists, is there a joint you can purchase somewhere?

Thanks for any help! :1-1:

P@CK@R@CK has done it with the Medi Jack, dunno if it'll work with Victor et al. His thread from OSW: MR Medicom Jack Skellington

Back