Corpse Bride - Jun Planning imports

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaward

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I thought I would start a thread about the Corpse Bride figures that Sideshow will be importing. I actually got this line when Diamond Comics was importing the line through comic stores a little while back, and I ordered the whole set without having seen the film. I have the Jun Planning Nightmare Before Christmas set, and they are really amazing figures. The detail work is terrific, the cloth costumes are spectacular, and the scale is perfect. I think that VICTOR stands 15 inches high, if I recall correctly. They also made Pastor Galswell, an old hobbled skeleton whose name I don't recall, Scraps, and the skeleton boy and girl and Victoria. If you are a fan of Tim Burton stuff, especially from a design standpoint, you won't be disappointed!

Last edited:
Dont you mean Victor? Or did they make one of Vincent? I will be ordering these when Sideshow puts them up.

Strike that, Victor, and I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. I just won't have time to dig stuff out tonight.

Chris

Looks like Jun Planning has a couple more coming soon. I hope Sideshow imports the whole line eventually.

Y283_Y284.jpg

Wow, thanks for the picture. Those two were the two that I was disappointed weren't part of the original line, so it looks like they'll have made almost everybody at that point. The Jun Planning stuff is really quite amazing, and when it comes to the Tim Burton stuff, it is really like holding a prop, given the size and attention to detail. I hope to post pictures tonight of some of my stuff, so you can get a sense of the scale of these figures!

Seaward said:
I hope to post pictures tonight of some of my stuff, so you can get a sense of the scale of these figures!

Please do! I'd like to see them since I'm interested in getting this line. Thanks!

Hey gang,

I also own every Jun Planning Corpse Bride doll released and they are the centerpiece of my collection. They are amazingly accurate and while they're easy to get elsewhere, it's nice that Sideshow is continuing the line. I made a huge display for Halloween and the neighborhood kids went nuts...unfortunately the little bastards kept calling them "nightmare before christmas dolls" but that's just me being a stickler for accuracy.

Ok here's a few picks of the first Corpse Bride Jun PLanning figure, please forgive the haze in the top left corner, I didn't find the fingerprint on the lens til the last two pictures. I included pics with other figures for comparison including one of the Jun Planning Jack Skellington figures.
cb7.jpg

cb1.jpg

cb2.jpg

cb3.jpg

cb4.jpg

cb5.jpg

Nice photos.
Thank you for sharing
The bride looks splendid :)
-standing high on my wishlist from now on-

I have just ordered the Medicom many faces jack Skellington. (was doubting between this one and Jun)
Hope he will look good. (couldn't find a review)

So much fun with these Tim Burton films

I just won the Medicom Replica Jack Skellington on ebay for $164.11 shipped. Very excited!! I'll be sure to let you know when I get him. I don't see me collecting these lines, but a few choice figures would be very cool for a X-mas or Halloween display. Having said that, I don't think you can have the bride without Victor....

I wonder if I can rig Jacks extra heads to be X-mas ornaments....without harming the heads, of course!!

Thanks for the photos, Murderofcrows.

I do have one question on the Bride... are the eyes moveable? Jun Planning have released the individual Bride you pictured, one in a two-pack with Victor and have the upcoming one with the bench. The only differences seem to be the position of the eyes, and so I was just wondering if they are actually identical figures? Or are the eyes fixed?

If the eyes are Fixed, I may go for the 'bench' Corpse Bride. That's my favourite thus far. Finally a figure that captures a 'pissed off' Bride expression.

I've been collecting NECA's NBX line and it really is great, both from a price perspective but also in contrast with what elese is available. No one else has brought out a line this extensive. Even Jun Planning focussed mainly on Jack, and only made about five or six characters in the larger scale. And whilst it works on some, I don't think cloth works on characters that were sculpted in the movie - such as Finkelstein or the Mayor. I much prefer NECA's Mayor in particular.

What I'm getting at is that I'm not terribly interested in collecting Jun's NBX stuff in light of NECA's line. But I am definitely considering buying some of their Corpse Bride stuff. Which figures to buy is the question, as the movie itself isn't as good as NBX.

McFarlane really messed up their 6" line. It just doesn't approach 'definitive' as much as NECA's line does for me. The first series is all have Corpse-Bride wise at the moment. The second series seems ok, but the new Bride and Victor are a waste. I wish they hadn't of done the mini-figures, and instead just brought out four or so lines of 6" figures. The 3" line has some characters I want, but detail sucks at that scale. And I don't really want things not in 1/12 or 1/6 scale anyway.

Mikey, can you please let me know what the Medicom Jack is like. I'm strongly considering getting that one. Photos would be great if you had the chance.

One last thing... I'm suprised Sideshow is distributing these figures, seeing as DCD are still distributing upcoming figures like the Bench Corpse Bride.

Customikey said:
I just won the Medicom Replica Jack Skellington on ebay for $164.11 shipped. Very excited!! I'll be sure to let you know when I get him. I don't see me collecting these lines, but a few choice figures would be very cool for a X-mas or Halloween display. Having said that, I don't think you can have the bride without Victor....

I wonder if I can rig Jacks extra heads to be X-mas ornaments....without harming the heads, of course!!

Mine just arrived (paid a lot more though...)
Belief me Mikey, you will like it !
(was it the regular or Santa? - here it was the regular)
The best Jack out there, but that is only my opinion

Pics???? :p

I think it does look like the best Jack. Jun's is not too bad but the cloth is way too baggy in comparison to the film.

gooball said:
Pics???? :p

I think it does look like the best Jack. Jun's is not too bad but the cloth is way too baggy in comparison to the film.

It is so movie accurate, that when I look at it, I think it is moving.

Order one!
No regrets I promise

gooball said:
Thanks for the photos, Murderofcrows.

I do have one question on the Bride... are the eyes moveable? Jun Planning have released the individual Bride you pictured, one in a two-pack with Victor and have the upcoming one with the bench. The only differences seem to be the position of the eyes, and so I was just wondering if they are actually identical figures? Or are the eyes fixed?.

Actually the eyes are fixed. On the first version she was staring straight ahead. Then there was a Victor and Corpse Bride set that came in a coffin that recreated the movie poster with both of them looking toward each other. Now there is the bench set with the eyes angled as well. The figure itself is exactly the same, just the eyes painted in a different position.

I like the Jun Planning Jack, but agree the suit makes him look a little bigger than he should be. Then again I picked him up off ebay for $40 so I won't complain. As for the Corpse Bride figure, she's perfect. The only thing I can see being closer to the film was probably used to make it.

Yeah, the Bride looks fantastic.

I'm definitely interested in getting some of the Jun Planning Corpse Bride but I just have to figure out which characters and which version of the characters. And then I have to decide whether to collect any more of the McFarlane stuff.

Does anyone know if McFarlane will be releasing any more figures? I don't think so, but I haven't heard for sure.

Customikey said:

If not let me know, I bought the NECA Jack with the switchable heads (so called). After the first attempt to switch the head to a more sinister look the whole neck stem broke off, which left me with a brand new $35 headless figure. I super glued the noggin back on, but will never attempt to switch it again, which leaves me with a bunch of different heads in the box.

I just rewatched Corpse Bride last night after rewatching NBX a few days ago.

Technically (i.e. the animation and design) in Corpse Bride is fantastic. But the plot just isn't as enganging or anwhere near as relateable as NBX. There just doesn't seem to be much 'point to the story'.

Obviously the animation makes it enjoyable, but the combination is what made NBX great.

In this third viewing it has definitely improved - whilst the plot is straightforward it doesn't seem as haphazard as it did in the past, particular from the point when the dead all start moving to the land of the living.

But I have to point out how ridiculous it is the Victor so easily decides to commit suicide because a girl he met for a few hours the day before is getting married. Sure, love at first sight, he was heartbroken... but come on!

The other thing I have to say is that whilst the songs in Nightmare Before Christmas are pretty much all excellent, those in Corpse Bride range from 'bearable' to 'unbearable for me'.

What do others think of the two films? Overall, NBX is 4-4.5 whilst Corpse Bride is probably a 3 or 3.5/5.

I'm really fascinated by stop motion animation, does anyone have any other films they can recommend? Despite it seemingly coming up quite often that 'NBX was the first stop-motion feature film' there have actually been a few others over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stop-motion_films

BTW, I really have to question Sideshow importing the Jun Planning figures. Firstly, DCD are doing it and have been importing them since NBX. Secondly, they cost more than what DCD are charging.

Last edited:
Back