1/6 COOMODEL 1/6 Diecast Alloy - Series of Empires - Royal Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it works like a real one, with straps linked to a belt, like a garter belt if you will.

I had the same problem as yours. What I did was tie a thread to the outer strap, thread it inter the coat of mail and tied both ends behind the neck. Works fine.

Now it works like a real one, with straps linked to a belt, like a garter belt if you will.

I had the same problem as yours. What I did was tie a thread to the outer strap, thread it inter the coat of mail and tied both ends behind the neck. Works fine.

Great idea ! I'll try it myself .

Piiiics!

K1.jpg
K2.jpg
K3.jpg
K4.jpg
K5.jpg
K6.jpg
K7.jpg
K8.jpg

Those are all very swell pictures! I had this in order through BBTS but seeing all this in hand pics made me realize that I needed it ASAP so I cancelled that order and got the last one in stock from KGHobby. Excited to get this piece those pictures really drove home how great it looks and I imagine it will look right in place with some licensed fantasy figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot damn, freaks, I just received this bad boy today and I am shocked. No aspect of this figure feels like a toy. It was executed with a high level of sophistication and allows tight and fluid poseability with surprisingly only realistic limitations and it is HEAVY! I was shocked when I picked the box up and felt the heft behind this piece. It looks incredible with the painting on the armor and the execution of making a realistic chain mail suit underneath the intricate plate brings this figure together to really make it a winner. I have it posed next to my Asmus LOTR, Threezero GOT and Kaustic Plastic fantasy figures and it fits in perfectly and even manages to stand out amidst all of those licensed and recognizable figures. I may have to consider looking into buying more Coo Model products if this is the quality that I can come to expect.

Does anybody know who the headsculpt underneath is supposed to imitate?

Got mine today! Wow, Coomodel is getting better and better. The Base is wooden this time not plastic and the pike is a Thing of Beauty. Wooden too. Great Quality imo

anyone try swapping out the body to a the smaller frame one? I feel hes way big..he towers my threezero Ned Stark, was hoping to make a GoT custom with this and the next armor kit coming.

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone with the figure tell me if the leather straps that hold the armor in place still hold up? I'm always worried about fake leather on figures because they tend not to last. I notice on newer figures they use rubber straps to hold the armor in place.

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone with the figure tell me if the leather straps that hold the armor in place still hold up? I'm always worried about fake leather on figures because they tend not to last. I notice on newer figures they use rubber straps to hold the armor in place.
It holds up fine for me.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Cool, I suppose then Coomodel designed it better than other brands like ACI which I've had problems with in the past.

It would depend on where you live, or where the figure has spent its life. CooModel changed from pleather to address concerns of collectors in the far east.

I first noticed this on their Milanese Knight (Famiglia Ducale SE036 & SE037) where all the pleather had been replaced with thick plastic. It looks fine for the little straps, but a bit unsightly for the belts:

48389621262_c51334788e_o.jpg

That's the Gothic Knight (SE012) on the left, the figure that followed the one this thread is for, with the pleather straps and belts.

Belts are simple to replace with actual leather,

48393028217_a398464722_o.jpg

but replacing all the little riveted straps would be a lot of work.

Weird thing is, their new knights and men-at-arms look like they've gone back to pleather.

It would depend on where you live, or where the figure has spent its life. CooModel changed from pleather to address concerns of collectors in the far east.
I'm in Ontario Canada, so the climate is cooler and more humid, but tend to have hot periods in the summertime like now. Having AC is a must, even up here :)

Belts are simple to replace with actual leather,

48393028217_a398464722_o.jpg

but replacing all the little riveted straps would be a lot of work.

Weird thing is, their new knights and men-at-arms look like they've gone back to pleather.

That custom made belt looks fantastic! If you only all of them included that, but I imagine the cost would go up for real leather.

Thats odd they went back to pleather, maybe they found an improved material that doesn't erode as fast... but doubtful!
Do you happen to know if this black knight uses pleather? Looks kind of like your SE037

4f489a2572d94f83aea6203e4178e664.jpeg
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/86268

The description does say the belt is leather so I guess I can take their word for it. And plastic/rubber is probably used for little straps which I think is probably the best option.

In that photo it looks very much like the same black plastic belts they used on mine.

48389621357_f543a9f12c_o.jpg

I cut them up to salvage the buckles, then put the buckles onto real leather.

I did the same for the older pleather Gothic knight.

48389482786_301941ecbd_o.jpg

Back