coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3C829E41-CAFD-4D0E-AC9A-FD74A2AA83FF.jpgE5695A33-C83F-42E5-8591-246EBD188E33.jpg

Along with defect.

Wrong thread but same point.

If you get credit and replacement then you are cheating the system. Does Prime 1 know you are also going to Sideshow's customer service?

I got to looking at mine and look at what I found. Maybe I should contact Prime1 and Sideshow and get a free figure.:lol

leg.jpg

I think you are mistaken.

First of all I asked Sideshow if the spots are normal and they said no.

Secondly I’m not getting a free figure, just the parts.

Ok I can see you don’t actually understand how statues and part vs statue replacements work.

Shockwave is a low count statue. That they do not have pieces for so Sidedhow opts to replace the whole piece. Because they cannot offer me another replacement they can either refund or give a credit. That’s is why they give the credit and that’s why they have no issue with Prime 1 who by the way will have all the order info with regards to Sideshow.

Additionally Prime 1 has no real say in the pieces with regards to what Sideshow does once they are here according to both Sideshow and Prime 1 themselves.

So what’s this mean? It means Sideshow has done all it can and is offering me a credit to keep the statue because they can no longer help me. They are saying hey we did our part but if Prime 1 can fix the problem then do it because we can’t.

So you can call it a scam or whatever you like but I see 2 companies trying to fix the problem within their means. I tried to get a 3rd from Sideshow but they have no more. The credit is Sidedhows idea to me on the phone from the people authorized.

But you are right. I should say no after all the BS and possibly not having it fixed by P1.

Additionally as I stated the alien dog Sideshow explained is unlike Shockwave. They actually have replacement parts for the a Dog.

2 different statues with 2 different ways to deal with issues.

IDGAF if you think the dots are nothing. I do. They are nowhere else on the piece. The clear in the head has little hard dots.

It is unacceptable to me. You like your dots ok like them.

If you think I’m scamming lol ok sure, I lied to get a credit and have it possibly still fixed. No I was honest and this is what they offered. Maybe I’ll say no so you feel better.

I’ll definitely update you though.

SteveL yeah, totally destroyed, first time i was smashing a piece with a hammer. Even my wife came to help, i think she took a guilty pleasure to destroy it. I posted pics some page before

Yeah,my friend has confirmed with SS that they want the maquette shipped back to them for the exchange. Sounds to me like they are trying to cut some of their losses by piecing together replacements and/or parting out returns for replacement parts now.Seems like a kinda dodgy practice to me.From what I'm seeing so far,P1 doesn't seem to be really any better with quality control on these than most other overseas replica companies. For $2000 + you should not have received 2 defective pieces in a row! I would call it quits and just request a full refund,but I know how you and many others really like this piece sooo.... it's just my 2 cents.

BTW,when you smashed the tail,did you happen to notice if the wire inside was more of a softer more bendable "sculpting type" wire or if it was a more stiff/rigid hardwire? It looks like a pretty beefy sized wire.

On the direction of the tail blade: I got highlighted on this topic in my youtube's video comments, that originally on the prototype it was the other way around (the cutting edge showed upwards). So I shot Prime 1 a facebook message and asked them if they are aware of the difference. Here the feedback:

"... sorry for the late reply. Thanks again for your review! Regarding the tail, it was changed intentionally since it is in attack mode, so this is the proper version. Regards. P1S"

I double checked with other pics of the Dog, and also other figures - it's not always the same way and depends how the tail is twisted - and the movie never showed it properly if I'm not mistaken.

Overall I'm happy with how the tail is placed now in the final product, looks more like a piercing move.

The shape though is def. bit off compared to other sculpts.

The orientation is correct to the original design,but the shape isn't correct and some detail was smoothed over that should have been there.

Yeah,my friend has confirmed with SS that they want the maquette shipped back to them for the exchange. Sounds to me like they are trying to cut some of their losses by piecing together replacements and/or parting out returns for replacement parts now.Seems like a kinda dodgy practice to me.From what I'm seeing so far,P1 doesn't seem to be really any better with quality control on these than most other overseas replica companies. For $2000 + you should not have received 2 defective pieces in a row! I would call it quits and just request a full refund,but I know how you and many others really like this piece sooo.... it's just my 2 cents.

It's not "dodgy" at all, actually very smart on their part. Why destroy perfectly good parts for super pickey people when others have real problems and may need those parts. Plus, at this point they probably figure the guy is trying to scam them anyway so that is one way to deter that.

If you get credit and replacement then you are cheating the system. Does Prime 1 know you are also going to Sideshow's customer service?

I got to looking at mine and look at what I found. Maybe I should contact Prime1 and Sideshow and get a free figure.[emoji38]

leg.jpg
I would definitely not accepting something like this on a 2000+ $ piece.
But if you are okay with that it's your choice.

@ SteveL I'm gonna have another replacement and this time i have to ship it back. Let's hope everything will be "near perfection". Yes, the metal part is very strong and rigid, actually all the metal parts are. Man, i truly love this piece, just sad it came with issues. This piece is really amazing.

It's not "dodgy" at all, actually very smart on their part. Why destroy perfectly good parts for super pickey people when others have real problems and may need those parts. Plus, at this point they probably figure the guy is trying to scam them anyway so that is one way to deter that.

It's more than likely a result of multiple returns for the same item and people still getting defective replacements,so they are trying to part together "acceptable" ones by using parts from returns.The inventory needs to be purged, not recycled!

If you're happy with spending around $2k to get multiple,defective,replacements to only end up with an item made up of parted out returns,then you must be an Amazon Prime member or you need to start wearing a little red nose.😄

They are priced at what the market will bear.

That will only hold true if the items aren't suffering from multiple defects/quality control issues or if consumers just ultimately end up settling on those issues being acceptable, given the price.

Being that most accredit this as solely a P1 product,I'm betting that a majority will put on their little 'red' noses and settle on this being acceptable because of the perceived value, they're getting for the money.

I mean,c'mon yo! Those candles are the bees' knees!

Why are we still even comparing the two? It's like comparing a Ford focus to a Ford focus with an Aston martin badge that costs three times as much. Sure it'd be great to have that premium badge, but they are for different markets. And both are great options depending on the individuals circumstances.

We get it Steve, you don't like this. But defects are nothing new in this hobby and Prime 1 are one of the best for limiting them. Hopefully everybody will be sorted eventually....

Why are we comparing? Because both are Dog Alien statues and are of similar scale, that?s why. Differences in prices are irrelevant.

As long as it’s Dog Alien related, it applies to this thread. Anyway, it’s just opinions, nothing personal intended.

Ford Focus vs Aston Martin, lol. The ADI is no Aston Martin (and Prime 1 is no Ford Focus). The ADI is just an inflated Jetta to me. It?s not a one-off piece nor made out of bronze. Sure, it was more of a small inclusive production as opposed to the assembly line production of the Prime 1, and that?s where the prices differ. But at the end of the day, it?s still Jetta vs Jetta, the difference, Prime 1 has the superior pose and presence. ADI is its overpriced counterpart. Sure, I wouldn’t mind owning one, but to me, it’s a $2000-$3000 piece at most, not $6500 (I would for an original movie prop though, ha).

ADI was selling their Alien Queen embryo for $150 (actually great price). The back part is flat so you can display it on the wall. It?s just painted black. Ok, so it was from the poster, so they call it authentic, but it?s still just black. Palisades made one, and it?s a stand alone statue in full color. You can get one on eBay for the same price if not cheaper. One gripe would be the ridged tail though. My point? Just because it?s ADI doesn?t automatically make them a superior production company from Mount Olympus. They are a very small company with a small production staff, thus, higher prices. So I get that. Sort of like Chase Smith work. I’m not blinded by that, I get it. The difference, I don’t see the ADI Dog Alien as vastly superior to the Prime 1 Dog, they are pretty much even to me. While Chase Smith Big Chap is going to blow the CoolProps Giger Head outta the water, justifying the much higher price tag.

110510E6-8152-42E1-988C-0CD5474018A6.jpeg

673D2862-885C-42DE-95B2-774A31241C7D.jpeg

The Sideshow is the best one, except I had to remove the rubber in order for the magnets to hold properly...

C3BAC3CA-FCEC-4D34-B76D-090177164E8B.jpeg

For $6500...I?d rather get a brand new stroker engine for my 65 Mustang.

P.S. We all have our opinions. We can try and Gorilla Silverback chest-bump all we want, but we are not changing anyone?s set opinions. And that?s my opinion.

Wassup with this friggin? ????????? when I try to type contractions???

I?m...I?m...I?m... :slap

Back