coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys i really need your advice on this one... REceived the new piece and guess what??? SAme issue + new issues....WTF!!!

View attachment 466496

Plus now It's not completely sculpted like it was on the other finger. as you can see on the pic below..

View attachment 466497

And also a very beautiful paint spot on the open mouth head..

View attachment 466498
I would ask for another replacement.
Unfortunately If you ordered from sideshow I'm sure they gonna offer you now a sideshow credit...

I would ask for another replacement.
Unfortunately If you ordered from sideshow I'm sure they gonna offer you now a sideshow credit...

Yarp - if not THIS time, NEXT time.

I can see a possible "we've checked our stock and they all have the same problem" email galloping over the horizon as well.

Their customer service pattern has been predictable for years now.

Hope we're wrong though - and that (because it's a PRIME1 sourced piece) they keep going until you get a good one.

As they told in their previous email "the piece will be checked before they send it to me"...i can't believe it...REgarding the issue, i see many with no issue. The fact is i should have kept the first one as i think this one is worse. I'm always unlucky with statue but here we are talking about a 2400 USD piece!!

As they told in their previous email "the piece will be checked before they send it to me"...i can't believe it...REgarding the issue, i see many with no issue. The fact is i should have kept the first one as i think this one is worse. I'm always unlucky with statue but here we are talking about a 2400 USD piece!!
It's simple they definitely didn't checked it. Exactly the same happened with my Red Sonja shedevil statue. First one had some small flaws and the second (checked) one was even worse. Then they told me that they checked a few of their replacement pieces and unfortunately they are all having the same kind of problem/flaws and offered me a laughable credit.
By the way that was one of the reasons why this was my last order of a sideshow piece. The other was that the final pieces often not nearly come close to the prototype/promo shots.

It's simple they definitely didn't checked it. Exactly the same happened with my Red Sonja shedevil statue. First one had some small flaws and the second (checked) one was even worse. Then they told me that they checked a few of their replacement pieces and unfortunately they are all having the same kind of problem/flaws and offered me a laughable credit.
By the way that was one of the reasons why this was my last order of a sideshow piece. The other was that the final pieces often not nearly come close to the prototype/promo shots.

looks like a desperate situation...

looks like a desperate situation...
I would definitely contact them again and ask for another replacement. Since Prime 1 seems to have a better QC and overall a better quality the chances are high that you receive a better/flawless one next time.

I would definitely contact them again and ask for another replacement. Since Prime 1 seems to have a better QC and overall a better quality the chances are high that you receive a better/flawless one next time.

Thx mate, that's what i've done again with new pics and a vid... I hope you're right

As they told in their previous email "the piece will be checked before they send it to me"...i can't believe it...

Sadly, I've experienced this multiple times with Sideshow. I believe I'm correct in saying that even when they claim this. If it's a third party item, they will NOT open it for inspection. That said I've had it occur with Sideshow produced items also, the Big chap LSB springs to mind as my replacement was way worse than the item it replaced.

On the direction of the tail blade: I got highlighted on this topic in my youtube's video comments, that originally on the prototype it was the other way around (the cutting edge showed upwards). So I shot Prime 1 a facebook message and asked them if they are aware of the difference. Here the feedback:

"... sorry for the late reply. Thanks again for your review! Regarding the tail, it was changed intentionally since it is in attack mode, so this is the proper version. Regards. P1S"

I double checked with other pics of the Dog, and also other figures - it's not always the same way and depends how the tail is twisted - and the movie never showed it properly if I'm not mistaken.

Overall I'm happy with how the tail is placed now in the final product, looks more like a piercing move.

8.png

The shape though is def. bit off compared to other sculpts.

Tbh I had a broken nail arm on delivery and Ss sent me a replacement immediately and it was a great replacement. I can?t complain about their customer service at all.

That’s good to hear ^^^

I’m not cancelling mine...I’m going to continue the Flex Payments.

This Maquette is jut too baddarze to pass on...

You aren't the only one experiencing issues. My friend ordered one and it had a chip in the inside of the left shoulder,like someone had already tried test fitting one of the heads at the factory and chipped it. His also had issues with the upper lip paint job missing those little detail lines on the left side of the lip, on the closed mouth head, and some bumps on the dome. SS also told him to return the statue if he wants a replacement.

Didn't they instruct you to smash yours?

@Clutch lesson learned..that was the first time i was going through that process..I hoped they told me do this and that and if doesn't work you will get a replacement.. as in my head a piece i paid more or less 2400 USD for must be perfect..wasn't expecting getting a replacement with same issues and other "new issues"

@SteveL yeah, totally destroyed, first time i was smashing a piece with a hammer. Even my wife came to help, i think she took a guilty pleasure to destroy it. I posted pics some page before

So I talked to SS returns manager. They called me specifically due to already receiving 2 Prime 1 Shockwave statues that had same issue after they said they would open and check it,

They admitted to open it is a huge job but common LOL I will say yes you have to open all 4 boxes of Shockwave to assemble it to where the defect will show. Unfortunately that is how it is boxed.

So I had bought up my Alien Dog having orange/rust splatters on the right shoulder are. 4 dots but they do not belong.

I also had a little rock/spec in the clear of the Special Edition head on the clear area.

He said they will replace the parts and do not require me to destroy the ones in my possession.

I had 1st time contacted Prime 1 through Facebook about the Shockwave and they said they do not handle it, to go to Sideshow. The second time, they claim to me they handle Sideshow retruns/replacements and gave me their Customer Care email with all the information they needed.

Additionaly Sideshow told me that if I accept their credit that in no way will having prime 1 replace the statue cancel the credit.

Seems strange but if I get the credit and the replacement parts, I wold say THANK YOU.

So I will possible retain an Alien Dog body and DX Head. Both which have little issues but still.

Awesome! Cheating the system because of some dots. Do you have pics?

Actually it’s not cheating anyone. He told me there is no destroying the parts. He told me if Prime 1 replaces the parts/statue that it’s their call and has nothing to do with Sideshow.

So cheating the system? Really? Did I?

No I didn’t. I was told this.

I have all the photos to show it. If they ask for parts or it to be destroyed do you really think I’d just say hey I’m cheating the system so no I won’t comply LOL

I spoke directly with the man in charge.

I offered Prime 1 the chance to donate the statue to Universal Studios Transformers ride so kids and adults of all ages could enjoy something they likely would never see. I’m offering to deliver and set it up FREE.

So common and I really out for chest the system.

I have had a lot of issues with these 2 Prime 1 pieces I spent over $5k on so I’m not sure exactly what you are thinking I’m scamming? The DX head with a defect, the body with orange dote or the now 2nd Shockwave with defects.

I’m sure you must misunderstand what I said. Sideshow is only offering to replace the defective parts. The credit issue is their decision not mine. So I should turn down the credit. What if Prime 1 ends up doing nothing? Then I’ll just call sideshow back and say hey I’ll take that credit now HAHAHA.

So far only I have been scammed with 3 pieces with defects.

Side note - not only did shockwave come back with same defect, the base has a chip in it as well as a driller arm. Found pieces in box.

Back