coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought i would have to send it back ( that's what they told me 1st), they fix it and then back to me. They ask to destroy it. Now i don't care i just want a perfect one.

@Galactusz it's broken in million parts, they were part every where in the room. I had to clean all the mess up after that...i don't know who can do anything with those broken parts and honestly i can't wait to throw it away as it smells glue and chemical products.

Yeah, that is too bad.

Do not think I would have the guts to smash it.

Such a shame...but you had to do what Sideshow instructed. So it is on them, not you.

The membrane effect around the dome could have been better painted for $2K. I can't completely tell from the picture so far,but it "appears' that there is some detail missing where the arms meet the shoulder area's on the maquette,but the detail looks to be present on the separate bust. At least that's how it looks in the pictures so far.

Which would be odd to have it present on one ,but not the other.

Because the $6500 paint job is so much better. :)

aliend3.jpg

aliend32.jpg

The webbing is more defined on the bust but it's probably due to getting the right arm to socket easily while hiding the seam.

Just got mine and this thing is the ultimate dragon! My favorite version of the xeno so I preordered this the moment I could. Only nitpick, and it's very minor, is the tail. I wish it was more flush with the backdrop because displaying it is a pain right now. It's just so big and awkward. But, totally worth it.

Do you guys think they'll be an aftermarket for the extra head? Thinking about what I want to do with it and I'm sure people who don't have the money for the total statue, or the room, would want an option to buy the head. Not sure if anyone has had luck selling off the extra heads for statues/maguettes like this.

Just got mine and this thing is the ultimate dragon! My favorite version of the xeno so I preordered this the moment I could. Only nitpick, and it's very minor, is the tail. I wish it was more flush with the backdrop because displaying it is a pain right now. It's just so big and awkward. But, totally worth it.

Do you guys think they'll be an aftermarket for the extra head? Thinking about what I want to do with it and I'm sure people who don't have the money for the total statue, or the room, would want an option to buy the head. Not sure if anyone has had luck selling off the extra heads for statues/maguettes like this.

I would have thought so. I was hoping that PRIME1 would ultimately sell the heads + mini-base separately anyways.

Which one are you selling (open or closed mouth)?

Congrats on the new beastie.

Because the $6500 paint job is so much better. :)

aliend3.jpg

aliend32.jpg

The webbing is more defined on the bust but it's probably due to getting the right arm to socket easily while hiding the seam.

The membrane effect, that P1 is trying to copy, was done on the original ADI maquettes that were painted by Gino Acevedo.This is the actual original paint master reference maquette with his beautiful paint design work and the first one pulled from the molds! That's as original as it gets! This was meant to be a template for the Boss Filming puppets!

610779.jpg

215238_9.jpg

215243_9.jpg

215246_9.jpg

215245_9.jpg

215244_9.jpg

215252_9.jpg

215251_9.jpg

215250_9.jpg

215249_9.jpg

215255_9.jpg

215259_9.jpg

The Yuri Everson paintwork done on the A3 maquette, gifted to John Fasano, never had that "membrane" paint effect around the dome either. The new studioADI maquettes are Yuri Everson's paintwork.It very faithfully captures the original Gino Acevedo reference paint master design!

50310326_793433024355601_238529792105665430_n.jpg

51362677_743767002673391_575114532855684381_n.jpg

50736501_1041553042713304_3198734168870045404_n.jpg

In any case,P1 watered down their A3 paintwork interpretation down on the production pieces in comparison to their original prototype.The sides of the dome look like they have vertical ruler measurement increments stenciled on. The vertical increment lines are too stark. They should have a more softened airbrushed vein like look,the way they were originally done on their prototype piece.The bottom of the dome also ended up with less detailed paint work by comparison.

The paintwork on the head is the one area that they should "not" have cut corners "anywhere" on!It the biggest focal point of the maquette.On the other areas of the maquette,they could have got away with that and you guys would have never been the wiser.

It's just a shame the details around the area where the shoulders and arms meet were omitted on the actual production maquettes.They should have omitted it on the bust instead. That's a key original sculpt detail, when the arms are in that type of position,on the original maquette design and on the Boss Filming puppets.

They also "screwed the pooch" with their version of the tail tip. That's not how the the tail tip is supposed to look. It should have a more sythe like curve to it and they smoothed over some of the key detail elements at the base of it where it starts to transition into the rest of the tail.The older $899 Sideshow A3 maquette and even the $24.99 NECA figure had that nailed down!

Coolprops had those details and the slightly different ridging on the back of the left arm correctly done, prior to P1 altering or eliminated them.Coolprops were on the right track.

Make up whatever you will about the studioADI A3 maquette,but these types of key original design elements and paintwork are all there in strides :wink1:

However,I do agree with the comments of the P1 being a more "value" priced option. The overall less accurate nature of it and some of the production short cuts that P1 ultimately took, do lean it more favorably in that direction.Hopefully, over time, those maquettes won't "literally" lean.

IMG_1468cc (2).jpg

A3 puppet close-up (2).jpg

P1 shoulder area close-up.jpg

A3 puppet close-up (3).jpg

coolprops proto (2).jpg

coolprops proto 1F (2).jpg

Attachments

• P1 tail.jpg
    P1 tail.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 155
Like I said I can only guess that they smoothed the web over because of the right arm and didn't want the left to look different. If Studio ADI was trying to copy an unseen paint master, then yes they did a good job.

I was desperate for the open mouth bust but doubted they d release one in its own. So had to buy the deluxe and planned to sell the closed mouth full body statue on eBay. But now I ve seen it in all its glory I can?t resist keeping it even though it?s too big to display lol

Yeah I'd have a hard time parting with either one if I were to ever get this.

Agreed, after having both in hand this thing is immaculate. By far the best statue I own in my collection. I would be very hard pressed to part with any part of mine despite the fact that I have no room for the extra head sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said I can only guess that they smoothed the web over because of the right arm and didn't want the left to look different. If Studio ADI was trying to copy an unseen paint master, then yes they did a good job.

But.... P1 had that detail on the prototype,which also had the assembly seams and it didn't look like the joint was an issue that required removing the details.

P1 maquette shoulder right.jpg

P1 maquette shoulder detail1.jpg

P1 maquette shoulder proto.jpg

Guys i really need your advice on this one... REceived the new piece and guess what??? SAme issue + new issues....WTF!!!

newissue1.jpg

Plus now It's not completely sculpted like it was on the other finger. as you can see on the pic below..

newissue4.jpg

And also a very beautiful paint spot on the open mouth head..

newissue3.jpg

Back